Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bays vs. Thomas'

Hubby bought Bays when he went to the grocery store and I was happy
because I'd wanted to give them a try. Not sure what the big deal is
all about. They're sliced. I don't want sliced. I prefer Thomas'
(original flavor) fork split. Nooks and crannies is what it's all
about... more places for the butter and jam to hang out.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message

> Hubby bought Bays when he went to the grocery store and I was happy
> because I'd wanted to give them a try. Not sure what the big deal is
> all about. They're sliced. I don't want sliced. I prefer Thomas'
> (original flavor) fork split. Nooks and crannies is what it's all
> about... more places for the butter and jam to hang out.

I agree with you and also have no idea what the Bays thing is
all about. Perhaps some purists feel that their refrigeration is
an indicator of product purity, but I'll take Thomas any day.

pavane

Posted to rec.food.cooking

pavane wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> >
> > Hubby bought Bays when he went to the grocery store and I was happy
> > because I'd wanted to give them a try. Not sure what the big deal is
> > all about. They're sliced. I don't want sliced. I prefer Thomas'
> > (original flavor) fork split. Nooks and crannies is what it's all
> > about... more places for the butter and jam to hang out.

> I agree with you and also have no idea what the Bays thing is
> all about. Perhaps some purists feel that their refrigeration is
> an indicator of product purity, but I'll take Thomas any day.
>
> pavane

Every person from the UK I know (quite a few) thinks Thomas's is crap
and Bay's is far more authentic. Having visited the UK and had the
muffins there I quite agree, though long before I visited I considered
Bay's to be superior.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pete C." > wrote in message

> pavane wrote:
>>
>> "sf" > wrote in message
>> >
>> > Hubby bought Bays when he went to the grocery store and I was happy
>> > because I'd wanted to give them a try. Not sure what the big deal is
>> > all about. They're sliced. I don't want sliced. I prefer Thomas'
>> > (original flavor) fork split. Nooks and crannies is what it's all
>> > about... more places for the butter and jam to hang out.

>> I agree with you and also have no idea what the Bays thing is
>> all about. Perhaps some purists feel that their refrigeration is
>> an indicator of product purity, but I'll take Thomas any day.
>>
>> pavane
>>

> Every person from the UK I know (quite a few) thinks Thomas's is crap
> and Bay's is far more authentic. Having visited the UK and had the
> muffins there I quite agree, though long before I visited I considered
> Bay's to be superior.

Well, I am delighted that your visit to the UK decided for you that
the Bays are more authentic than Thomas. That really says it for
all of us. You may keep the unnecessary apostrophes and the
incredibly supercilious "every person from the UK I know (quite
a few) thinks Thomas's is crap" With your immense sample of
the tastes of the United Kingdom there can be no space for the
opposing views or tastes. Why don't you have about a hundred
or so UK gourmets write testimonials to the superiority of Bays
and post them here. We would read these with worshipful attention.

pavane

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 22:00:35 -0400, "pavane" > wrote:

> Well, I am delighted that your visit to the UK decided for you that
> the Bays are more authentic than Thomas. That really says it for
> all of us. You may keep the unnecessary apostrophes and the
> incredibly supercilious "every person from the UK I know (quite
> a few) thinks Thomas's is crap" With your immense sample of
> the tastes of the United Kingdom there can be no space for the
> opposing views or tastes. Why don't you have about a hundred
> or so UK gourmets write testimonials to the superiority of Bays
> and post them here. We would read these with worshipful attention.

LOL! When I visited the UK, the B&B we stayed in that didn't cook
breakfast for us put out "English" muffins for their "do it yourself"
breakfast that were far worse than the worst store brand I've ever
come across here.... so I don't put much stock into what people claim
to be typical over there.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 23, 1:27*pm, sf > wrote:
> Hubby bought Bays when he went to the grocery store and I was happy
> because I'd wanted to give them a try. *Not sure what the big deal is
> all about. *They're sliced. *I don't want sliced. *I prefer Thomas'
> (original flavor) fork split. *Nooks and crannies is what it's all
> about... more places for the butter and jam to hang out.

They're kosher from Chicago. Note the cRc hecksher.

But who wants chametz in their house this time of year?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 22:22:26 -0700 (PDT), spamtrap1888
> wrote:

> On Mar 23, 1:27*pm, sf > wrote:
> > Hubby bought Bays when he went to the grocery store and I was happy
> > because I'd wanted to give them a try. *Not sure what the big deal is
> > all about. *They're sliced. *I don't want sliced. *I prefer Thomas'
> > (original flavor) fork split. *Nooks and crannies is what it's all
> > about... more places for the butter and jam to hang out.

> They're kosher from Chicago. Note the cRc hecksher.
>
> But who wants chametz in their house this time of year?

You lost me. No idea what cRc is or chametz.... just know Bays is
"eh" but at least it's better than nothing at all.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 00:01:23 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 22:22:26 -0700 (PDT), spamtrap1888
> wrote:
>
>> On Mar 23, 1:27*pm, sf > wrote:
>> > Hubby bought Bays when he went to the grocery store and I was happy
>> > because I'd wanted to give them a try. *Not sure what the big deal is
>> > all about. *They're sliced. *I don't want sliced. *I prefer Thomas'
>> > (original flavor) fork split. *Nooks and crannies is what it's all
>> > about... more places for the butter and jam to hang out.

>> They're kosher from Chicago. Note the cRc hecksher.
>>
>> But who wants chametz in their house this time of year?

>You lost me. No idea what cRc is or chametz.... just know Bays is
>"eh" but at least it's better than nothing at all.

Chametz is a Jewish term regarding leavening bread. There are some
grains forbidden during Passover. You are not even to have them in
the house.

The cRc hechsher referred to is a kosher symbol.

They didn't teach us that in Catholic school either.