Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Another 1960's Casserole - fun!

On 3/18/2013 10:51 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> Looks like we're both having fun looking through our old cookbooks.
> Here's one called Frozen Chicken Salad. Can I say disgusting this time
> without questioned about it? lol
>
> http://oi45.tinypic.com/351sj8i.jpg

You certainly may say "disgusting". I'll say "ewwww!" I can't
imagine why anyone would want to freeze chicken salad. It's not as if
you start out with hot ingredients. I can see chilling it in the
refrigerator, sure. Frozen? Nuts! Oh wait, it contains nuts.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/19/2013 11:56 AM, Moe DeLoughan wrote:
> On 3/18/2013 10:27 PM, sf wrote:
>> On Mon, 18 Mar 2013 22:51:28 -0400, Cheryl >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Looks like we're both having fun looking through our old cookbooks.
>>> Here's one called Frozen Chicken Salad. Can I say disgusting this time
>>> without questioned about it? lol
>>>
>>> http://oi45.tinypic.com/351sj8i.jpg

>> To be perfectly honest, it looks like it would fit in with other
>> chicken salad recipe of the times... until they decided to freeze it.
>>

> Maybe that sounded appealing in the days when most people didn't have
> air conditioning.

Yeah, maybe. But would you want to try to eat frozen chunks of chicken
salad? Perhaps they sat around waiting for it to thaw then picked at
it with forks. Mmmm, it's nice and cold! LOL

It does say to freeze it 2-3 hours "until firm". It couldn't have been
an exceptional freezer if it would take that long to make it "firm".

I'm surpised the recipe didn't mention putting it in a mold of some
sort. I can't think of any other reason to need to get it that cold
unless you were going to plate it in some fancy shape.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 01:16:30 -0400, Cheryl >
wrote:

> CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.

I'm sure someone has asked you what this is all about before, but I
must have missed it. Hoping there's a joke in there somewhere.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/20/2013 11:19 AM, sf wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 01:16:30 -0400, Cheryl >
> wrote:
>
>> CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.

> I'm sure someone has asked you what this is all about before, but I
> must have missed it. Hoping there's a joke in there somewhere.

I just read this yesterday and thought it was funny. Many people don't
realize their caps lock is on when they try to log into their computer,
and if they do it enough times (in a corporate environment, not your
home computer) depending on the security policies set by the domain
administrators, your account will lock out and you can't log in until it
is unlocked. This only applies to Windows, though *nix passwords are
case sensitive, too. I'm just unfamiliar with security policies on *nix
machines.

Windows login will alert you that your caps lock is on, but in my
experience a lot of people fail to notice it.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 14:58:14 -0400, Cheryl >
wrote:

> On 3/20/2013 11:19 AM, sf wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 01:16:30 -0400, Cheryl >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.

> > I'm sure someone has asked you what this is all about before, but I
> > must have missed it. Hoping there's a joke in there somewhere.
> >

> I just read this yesterday and thought it was funny. Many people don't
> realize their caps lock is on when they try to log into their computer,
> and if they do it enough times (in a corporate environment, not your
> home computer) depending on the security policies set by the domain
> administrators, your account will lock out and you can't log in until it
> is unlocked. This only applies to Windows, though *nix passwords are
> case sensitive, too. I'm just unfamiliar with security policies on *nix
> machines.
>
> Windows login will alert you that your caps lock is on, but in my
> experience a lot of people fail to notice it.

Aha, okay. Thanks for explaining.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> On 3/18/2013 10:51 PM, Cheryl wrote:
>> Looks like we're both having fun looking through our old cookbooks.
>> Here's one called Frozen Chicken Salad. Can I say disgusting this
>> time without questioned about it? lol
>>
>> http://oi45.tinypic.com/351sj8i.jpg

> You certainly may say "disgusting". I'll say "ewwww!" I can't
> imagine why anyone would want to freeze chicken salad. It's not as if
> you start out with hot ingredients. I can see chilling it in the
> refrigerator, sure. Frozen? Nuts! Oh wait, it contains nuts.

Ever had a bad refrigerator that sometimes freezes things? I have. Believe
me when I say there are some things that are not meant to be frozen.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 21:29:25 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> Ever had a bad refrigerator that sometimes freezes things? I have. Believe
> me when I say there are some things that are not meant to be frozen.

My current one does that at the bottom of the vegetable bins, so I
line it with things like bulk nuts and seeds, herbs, spices and ground
chilies to insulate my vegetables.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
news
> On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 21:29:25 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> Ever had a bad refrigerator that sometimes freezes things? I have.
>> Believe
>> me when I say there are some things that are not meant to be frozen.
>>

> My current one does that at the bottom of the vegetable bins, so I
> line it with things like bulk nuts and seeds, herbs, spices and ground
> chilies to insulate my vegetables.

The first one that we had when we lived on Staten Island was fine as far as
the temp went. But it was missing some parts in the freezer. I don't know
the name of the parts but there was no way for me to put food in the door
with the missing parts. They tried to order them but couldn't. So one day
they brought me a new one. New one was horrible.

It had these huge vents at the back. Repair just dropped it off, plugged it
in and left. Left me to assemble the shelves and such. So I read the
manual and that's when I learned about the vents. Said never to cover them
with food or the temperature would be off.

The problem? The floor in my apartment wasn't flat. I checked with the
people above me, the one on the top floor being a structural engineer and
they said there was no problem. But there sure was in mine. I once also had
water pouring into my living room. I had to move a lamp. And another time
it poured into my bathroom. And yet I was told there no pipes above either
of those places. They never did figure out what the deal was with the
bathroom. They blamed the living room thing on window vents.

But since the floor wasn't flat, the refrigerator angled backwards. I tried
moving it out more into the kitchen, away from the cabinets but that only
made it worse. Calls to repair only noted that indeed the floor wasn't
flat. They in no way attempted to level the fridge. Not sure if you can
level one.

So no matter how careful I was in placing the food in there, it always
eventually shifted towards the back, covering the vents. I would pull the
food forth daily and even resorted to buying little plastic bins and things
to try to retain the food. They even slid. And when the vents got covered,
the food froze!

I have asked around and never ran across anyone else that had this type of
fridge.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 21, 8:04*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "sf" > wrote in message
>
> news >
> > On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 21:29:25 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > > wrote:

> >> Ever had a bad refrigerator that sometimes freezes things? *I have.
> >> Believe
> >> me when I say there are some things that are not meant to be frozen.

> > My current one does that at the bottom of the vegetable bins, so I
> > line it with things like bulk nuts and seeds, herbs, spices and ground
> > chilies to insulate my vegetables.

> The first one that we had when we lived on Staten Island was fine as far as
> the temp went. *But it was missing some parts in the freezer. *I don't know
> the name of the parts but there was no way for me to put food in the door
> with the missing parts. *They tried to order them but couldn't. *So one day
> they brought me a new one. *New one was horrible.
>
> It had these huge vents at the back. *Repair just dropped it off, plugged it
> in and left. *Left me to assemble the shelves and such. *So I read the
> manual and that's when I learned about the vents. *Said never to cover them
> with food or the temperature would be off.
>
> The problem? *The floor in my apartment wasn't flat. *I checked with the
> people above me, the one on the top floor being a structural engineer and
> they said there was no problem. But there sure was in mine. *I once also had
> water pouring into my living room. *I had to move a lamp. *And another time
> it poured into my bathroom. *And yet I was told there no pipes above either
> of those places. *They never did figure out what the deal was with the
> bathroom. *They blamed the living room thing on window vents.
>
> But since the floor wasn't flat, the refrigerator angled backwards. *I tried
> moving it out more into the kitchen, away from the cabinets but that only
> made it worse. *Calls to repair only noted that indeed the floor wasn't
> flat. *They in no way attempted to level the fridge. *Not sure if you can
> level one.
>
> So no matter how careful I was in placing the food in there, it always
> eventually shifted towards the back, covering the vents. *I would pull the
> food forth daily and even resorted to buying little plastic bins and things
> to try to retain the food. *They even slid. *And when the vents got covered,
> the food froze!
>
> I have asked around and never ran across anyone else that had this type of
> fridge.

There are these things called shims if you can't figure out how to
adjust the feet.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 20:04:17 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> But since the floor wasn't flat, the refrigerator angled backwards. I tried
> moving it out more into the kitchen, away from the cabinets but that only
> made it worse. Calls to repair only noted that indeed the floor wasn't
> flat. They in no way attempted to level the fridge. Not sure if you can
> level one.

Refrigerators have "feet" on them that you can adjust to make them
level. I have mine tilted maybe 5° to the back on purpose, so the
door closes if it's not shut with enough oomph.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

merryb wrote:
> On Mar 21, 8:04 pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>> "sf" > wrote in message
>>
>> news >>
>>> On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 21:29:25 -0700, "Julie Bove"

>>> My current one does that at the bottom of the vegetable bins, so I
>>> line it with things like bulk nuts and seeds, herbs, spices and
>>> ground chilies to insulate my vegetables.

>> The first one that we had when we lived on Staten Island was fine as
>> far as the temp went. But it was missing some parts in the freezer.
>> I don't know the name of the parts but there was no way for me to
>> put food in the door with the missing parts. They tried to order
>> them but couldn't. So one day they brought me a new one. New one was
>> horrible.
>>
>> It had these huge vents at the back. Repair just dropped it off,
>> plugged it in and left. Left me to assemble the shelves and such. So
>> I read the manual and that's when I learned about the vents. Said
>> never to cover them with food or the temperature would be off.
>>
>> The problem? The floor in my apartment wasn't flat. I checked with
>> the people above me, the one on the top floor being a structural
>> engineer and they said there was no problem. But there sure was in
>> mine. I once also had water pouring into my living room. I had to
>> move a lamp. And another time it poured into my bathroom. And yet I
>> was told there no pipes above either of those places. They never did
>> figure out what the deal was with the bathroom. They blamed the
>> living room thing on window vents.
>>
>> But since the floor wasn't flat, the refrigerator angled backwards.
>> I tried moving it out more into the kitchen, away from the cabinets
>> but that only made it worse. Calls to repair only noted that indeed
>> the floor wasn't flat. They in no way attempted to level the fridge.
>> Not sure if you can level one.
>>
>> So no matter how careful I was in placing the food in there, it
>> always eventually shifted towards the back, covering the vents. I
>> would pull the food forth daily and even resorted to buying little
>> plastic bins and things to try to retain the food. They even slid.
>> And when the vents got covered, the food froze!
>>
>> I have asked around and never ran across anyone else that had this
>> type of fridge.

> There are these things called shims if you can't figure out how to
> adjust the feet.

Yes but it wasn't my fridge and I didn't have the ability to do that.
Military housing has really strict rules about stuff like that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 20:04:17 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>> But since the floor wasn't flat, the refrigerator angled backwards.
>> I tried moving it out more into the kitchen, away from the cabinets
>> but that only made it worse. Calls to repair only noted that indeed
>> the floor wasn't flat. They in no way attempted to level the
>> fridge. Not sure if you can level one.

> Refrigerators have "feet" on them that you can adjust to make them
> level. I have mine tilted maybe 5° to the back on purpose, so the
> door closes if it's not shut with enough oomph.

Well then they should have come to adjust it for me. I certainly wasn't
strong enough to do anything with it. And there was nothing at all in the
instructions about adjusting it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 02:19:15 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> sf wrote:
> > On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 20:04:17 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> But since the floor wasn't flat, the refrigerator angled backwards.
> >> I tried moving it out more into the kitchen, away from the cabinets
> >> but that only made it worse. Calls to repair only noted that indeed
> >> the floor wasn't flat. They in no way attempted to level the
> >> fridge. Not sure if you can level one.

> > Refrigerators have "feet" on them that you can adjust to make them
> > level. I have mine tilted maybe 5° to the back on purpose, so the
> > door closes if it's not shut with enough oomph.

> Well then they should have come to adjust it for me. I certainly wasn't
> strong enough to do anything with it. And there was nothing at all in the
> instructions about adjusting it.

You have to know about it in order to have it done. I didn't know
they adjusted until I owned my first refrigerator and the installer
told me. Since then, I've always had them do it when I get a new one.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 02:19:15 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>> sf wrote:
>> > On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 20:04:17 -0700, "Julie Bove"

>> > Refrigerators have "feet" on them that you can adjust to make them
>> > level. I have mine tilted maybe 5° to the back on purpose, so the
>> > door closes if it's not shut with enough oomph.

>> Well then they should have come to adjust it for me. I certainly wasn't
>> strong enough to do anything with it. And there was nothing at all in
>> the
>> instructions about adjusting it.
>>

> You have to know about it in order to have it done. I didn't know
> they adjusted until I owned my first refrigerator and the installer
> told me. Since then, I've always had them do it when I get a new one.

I have known since the age of 4 that refrigerators have adjusting feet. And
no manual was read. Jeez - you people!

are you SURE it is the fridge that is off balance?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pico Rico wrote:

> I have known since the age of 4 that refrigerators have adjusting feet. And
> no manual was read. Jeez - you people!

The age of 4? :-O

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/22/2013 11:22 AM, Gary wrote:
> Pico Rico wrote:
>>
>> I have known since the age of 4 that refrigerators have adjusting feet. And
>> no manual was read. Jeez - you people!

> The age of 4? :-O

I'm pretty sure my parents owned a refrigerator when I was four years
old. I do not recall knowing they had adjustable feet. Nor did I care. LOL

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 08:18:21 -0700, "Pico Rico"
> wrote:

> I have known since the age of 4 that refrigerators have adjusting feet. And
> no manual was read. Jeez - you people!

Most 4 year olds don't care and why would you know if you'd never seen
it done and no one told you about it?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 10:22:44 -0500, Gary > wrote:

> Pico Rico wrote:
> >
> > I have known since the age of 4 that refrigerators have adjusting feet. And
> > no manual was read. Jeez - you people!

> The age of 4? :-O

His nose only grew a little, but his pants are most certainly on fire.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 08:18:21 -0700, "Pico Rico"
> > wrote:
>

>> I have known since the age of 4 that refrigerators have adjusting feet.
>> And
>> no manual was read. Jeez - you people!

> Most 4 year olds don't care and why would you know if you'd never seen
> it done and no one told you about it?

I saw threaded feet and asked if it was to level the fridge. I got the
correct answer.

Maybe my household was different than some of the other posters.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/22/2013 11:45 AM, Pico Rico wrote:
> "sf" > wrote in message
>> On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 08:18:21 -0700, "Pico Rico"
>> > wrote:
>>

>>> I have known since the age of 4 that refrigerators have adjusting feet.
>>> And
>>> no manual was read. Jeez - you people!

>> Most 4 year olds don't care and why would you know if you'd never seen
>> it done and no one told you about it?
>>

> I saw threaded feet and asked if it was to level the fridge. I got the
> correct answer.
>
> Maybe my household was different than some of the other posters.

Yeaaaahhhhh... because all four-year-olds are naturally curious about
threaded feet on the bottom of refrigerators. What, your parents didn't
buy you any toys?

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 08:45:35 -0700, "Pico Rico"
> wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> > On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 08:18:21 -0700, "Pico Rico"
> > > wrote:
> >

> >> I have known since the age of 4 that refrigerators have adjusting feet.
> >> And
> >> no manual was read. Jeez - you people!

> > Most 4 year olds don't care and why would you know if you'd never seen
> > it done and no one told you about it?
> >

> I saw threaded feet and asked if it was to level the fridge. I got the
> correct answer.
>
> Maybe my household was different than some of the other posters.

Quite a bit. I didn't spend my time on the floor looking underneath
the refrigerator for one thing. The refrigerator was a commercial
model and it never needed to be repaired.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 08:45:35 -0700, "Pico Rico"
> > wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message
>> > On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 08:18:21 -0700, "Pico Rico"

>> > Most 4 year olds don't care and why would you know if you'd never seen
>> > it done and no one told you about it?
>> >

>> I saw threaded feet and asked if it was to level the fridge. I got the
>> correct answer.
>>
>> Maybe my household was different than some of the other posters.
>>

> Quite a bit. I didn't spend my time on the floor looking underneath
> the refrigerator for one thing. The refrigerator was a commercial
> model and it never needed to be repaired.

hey, back then even home models didn't need to be repaired. It is still
going just fine after 60+ years.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 02:19:15 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>> sf wrote:
>> > On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 20:04:17 -0700, "Julie Bove"

>> > Refrigerators have "feet" on them that you can adjust to make them
>> > level. I have mine tilted maybe 5° to the back on purpose, so the
>> > door closes if it's not shut with enough oomph.

>> Well then they should have come to adjust it for me. I certainly wasn't
>> strong enough to do anything with it. And there was nothing at all in
>> the
>> instructions about adjusting it.
>>

> You have to know about it in order to have it done. I didn't know
> they adjusted until I owned my first refrigerator and the installer
> told me. Since then, I've always had them do it when I get a new one.

The one I have now is fine but I think it does mention this in the manual.
Just like my washing machine does.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Pico Rico wrote:
>>
>> I have known since the age of 4 that refrigerators have adjusting feet.
>> And
>> no manual was read. Jeez - you people!

> The age of 4? :-O

Not sure I want to know how he knows this.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pico Rico" > wrote in message

> "sf" > wrote in message
>> On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 08:18:21 -0700, "Pico Rico"
>> > wrote:
>>

>>> I have known since the age of 4 that refrigerators have adjusting feet.
>>> And
>>> no manual was read. Jeez - you people!

>> Most 4 year olds don't care and why would you know if you'd never seen
>> it done and no one told you about it?
>>

> I saw threaded feet and asked if it was to level the fridge. I got the
> correct answer.
>
> Maybe my household was different than some of the other posters.

How could you even see down there? Most fridges have a panel at the bottom.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 22, 1:36*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "Pico Rico" > wrote in message

> > "sf" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >> On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 08:18:21 -0700, "Pico Rico"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 22/03/2013 11:52 AM, jmcquown wrote:

>> I saw threaded feet and asked if it was to level the fridge. I got the
>> correct answer.
>>
>> Maybe my household was different than some of the other posters.
>>

> Yeaaaahhhhh... because all four-year-olds are naturally curious about
> threaded feet on the bottom of refrigerators. What, your parents didn't
> buy you any toys?

Well yeah, some four year old kids are curious about that sort of stuff.
Maybe it depends on whether or not your father was a handyman type and
spent his evenings and weekend puttering around the house. My brothers
and I had lots of toys and most of them were mechanical. We had things
mike mini bricks, Tinker Toys, Mechano, electric trains and slot cars.
We also had access to my father's shop and made a lot of things. Since
Dad was always making or repairing things, it just seemed natural to
have a look at new things and see how they worked.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 13:33:49 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"sf" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 02:19:15 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>> Well then they should have come to adjust it for me. I certainly wasn't
>>> strong enough to do anything with it. And there was nothing at all in
>>> the
>>> instructions about adjusting it.
>>>

>> You have to know about it in order to have it done. I didn't know
>> they adjusted until I owned my first refrigerator and the installer
>> told me. Since then, I've always had them do it when I get a new one.

>The one I have now is fine but I think it does mention this in the manual.
>Just like my washing machine does.

'Zactly, most appliances have leveling legs and they're explained in
the owner's manual; stoves, washing machines, clothes dryers, fridges,
etc. A fridge's adjusters are only in the front making it very easy
to adjust so the door closes properly. Years ago when the fridge
didn't have adjusters people shimmed up the front... can still do that
with a badly tilted floor.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 22/03/2013 11:52 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>

>>> I saw threaded feet and asked if it was to level the fridge. I got the
>>> correct answer.
>>>
>>> Maybe my household was different than some of the other posters.
>>>

>> Yeaaaahhhhh... because all four-year-olds are naturally curious about
>> threaded feet on the bottom of refrigerators. What, your parents didn't
>> buy you any toys?
>>

> Well yeah, some four year old kids are curious about that sort of stuff.
> Maybe it depends on whether or not your father was a handyman type and
> spent his evenings and weekend puttering around the house. My brothers and
> I had lots of toys and most of them were mechanical. We had things mike
> mini bricks, Tinker Toys, Mechano, electric trains and slot cars. We also
> had access to my father's shop and made a lot of things. Since Dad was
> always making or repairing things, it just seemed natural to have a look
> at new things and see how they worked.

and that is how engineers come to be.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 15:04:03 -0700, "Pico Rico"
> wrote:

>>> Yeaaaahhhhh... because all four-year-olds are naturally curious about
>>> threaded feet on the bottom of refrigerators. What, your parents didn't
>>> buy you any toys?
>>>

>> Well yeah, some four year old kids are curious about that sort of stuff.
>> Maybe it depends on whether or not your father was a handyman type and
>> spent his evenings and weekend puttering around the house. My brothers and
>> I had lots of toys and most of them were mechanical. We had things mike
>> mini bricks, Tinker Toys, Mechano, electric trains and slot cars. We also
>> had access to my father's shop and made a lot of things. Since Dad was
>> always making or repairing things, it just seemed natural to have a look
>> at new things and see how they worked.
>>

>and that is how engineers come to be.

Actually most MEs are not very good at hands on... they do theory,
then they call a mechanic.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 22, 1:36*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "Pico Rico" > wrote in message

> > "sf" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >> On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 08:18:21 -0700, "Pico Rico"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 18:17:41 -0700 (PDT), merryb >
wrote:

>On Mar 22, 1:36*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>> "Pico Rico" > wrote in message

>> > "sf" > wrote in message
>> .. .

>> > I saw threaded feet and asked if it was to level the fridge. *I got the
>> > correct answer.

>> > Maybe my household was different than some of the other posters.

>> How could you even see down there? *Most fridges have a panel at the bottom.

>Use a level on the top?

Don't need a level... fridges aren't leveled, they are pitched so that
the door closes... all one need do is raise the front until the door
swings closed on it's own.