Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Daily Lunch Special 3/14/2013

I got the email with the daily lunch specials from the Club.

"Lunch Speicals [their typo, not mine] Today, Friday, March 14th."

I emailed back: Today is THURSDAY.

These folks really need to hire me as a proofreader and fact-checker.

BTW, one of todays specials is a BLTC. The 'C' is because they're
putting sliced American cheese on it. At least they aren't serving it
on a kaiser roll. LOL

Jill

--
Wine: cheaper than gas. Drink, don't drive.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

>I got the email with the daily lunch specials from the Club.
>
>"Lunch Speicals [their typo, not mine] Today, Friday, March 14th."
>
>I emailed back: Today is THURSDAY.
>
>These folks really need to hire me as a proofreader and fact-checker.

Sheesh... they didn't even pass their GED. LOL

>BTW, one of todays specials is a BLTC. The 'C' is because they're
>putting sliced American cheese on it. At least they aren't serving it
>on a kaiser roll. LOL

I don't think I'd like American cheese (or any cheese) on a BLT.
A BLT would be good on a kaiser roll if they include a fried egg... of
course I'm talking a real kaiser roll, not one of those soft crust
kaiser looking buns.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/14/2013 12:14 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> BTW, one of todays specials is a BLTC. The 'C' is because they're
>> >putting sliced American cheese on it. At least they aren't serving it
>> >on a kaiser roll. LOL

> I don't think I'd like American cheese (or any cheese) on a BLT.
> A BLT would be good on a kaiser roll if they include a fried egg... of
> course I'm talking a real kaiser roll, not one of those soft crust
> kaiser looking buns.

They don't seem to be using as many [whatever passes for] kaiser rolls
lately. Maybe the source dried up. What would the abbreviation for
your sandwich be? BLTFE?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
>I got the email with the daily lunch specials from the Club.
>
> "Lunch Speicals [their typo, not mine] Today, Friday, March 14th."
>
> I emailed back: Today is THURSDAY.
>
> These folks really need to hire me as a proofreader and fact-checker.

perhaps they should hire you to audit the liquor cabinet.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 14, 11:56*am, jmcquown > wrote:
> I got the email with the daily lunch specials from the Club.
>
> "Lunch Speicals [their typo, not mine] Today, Friday, March 14th."
>
> I emailed back: *Today is THURSDAY.
>
> These folks really need to hire me as a proofreader and fact-checker.
>
> BTW, one of todays specials is a BLTC. *The 'C' is because they're
> putting sliced American cheese on it. *At least they aren't serving it
> on a kaiser roll. LOL
>
> Jill

Maybe you're in a different time zone and it's Friday there already?

Maybe you can get a part time job there and offset your minimum fee.
Or do it for nothing and further the cause of truth.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 14, 12:14*pm, Brooklyn1 > wrote:

> I don't think I'd like American cheese (or any cheese) on a BLT..

I can see where a tiny bit of crumbled feta or blue on might not be
bad.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 11:56:52 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

> BTW, one of todays specials is a BLTC. The 'C' is because they're
> putting sliced American cheese on it.

Yuck. I'll take a BLT but hold the C. Save it for a grilled cheese
sandwich.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/14/2013 3:27 PM, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 11:56:52 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> BTW, one of todays specials is a BLTC. The 'C' is because they're
>> putting sliced American cheese on it.

> Yuck. I'll take a BLT but hold the C. Save it for a grilled cheese
> sandwich.

Yeah, they only charge $6 for a grilled cheese.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 wrote:

> I don't think I'd like American cheese (or any cheese) on a BLT.

I agree, Sheldon. A BLT is a stand alone good sandwich.

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> On 3/14/2013 3:27 PM, sf wrote:
> > On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 11:56:52 -0400, jmcquown >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> BTW, one of todays specials is a BLTC. The 'C' is because they're
> >> putting sliced American cheese on it.

> > Yuck. I'll take a BLT but hold the C. Save it for a grilled cheese
> > sandwich.
> >

> Yeah, they only charge $6 for a grilled cheese.

Your club? That's a good deal.

G.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 17:07:56 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

> On 3/14/2013 3:27 PM, sf wrote:
> > On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 11:56:52 -0400, jmcquown >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> BTW, one of todays specials is a BLTC. The 'C' is because they're
> >> putting sliced American cheese on it.

> > Yuck. I'll take a BLT but hold the C. Save it for a grilled cheese
> > sandwich.
> >

> Yeah, they only charge $6 for a grilled cheese.

That and a nice bowl of tomato soup would make a nice lunch.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/14/2013 2:07 PM, Kalmia wrote:

> On Mar 14, 12:14 pm, Brooklyn1 > wrote:
>

>> I don't think I'd like American cheese (or any cheese) on a BLT..

> I can see where a tiny bit of crumbled feta or blue on might not be
> bad.

I like cheese on a bacon sandwich just made with bacon, toast, mayo and
cheese. I'm sure I'd like it on a real BLT.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> I got the email with the daily lunch specials from the Club.
>
> "Lunch Speicals [their typo, not mine] Today, Friday, March 14th."
>
> I emailed back: Today is THURSDAY.
>
> These folks really need to hire me as a proofreader and fact-checker.
>
> BTW, one of todays specials is a BLTC. The 'C' is because they're
> putting sliced American cheese on it. At least they aren't serving it
> on a kaiser roll. LOL
>
> Jill

Ugh. That does NOT sound like an improvement.

--
Jean B.
PRACTICING LUDDITE
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Mar 2013 21:09:52 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:

> jmcquown wrote:
> > I got the email with the daily lunch specials from the Club.
> >
> > "Lunch Speicals [their typo, not mine] Today, Friday, March 14th."
> >
> > I emailed back: Today is THURSDAY.
> >
> > These folks really need to hire me as a proofreader and fact-checker.
> >
> > BTW, one of todays specials is a BLTC. The 'C' is because they're
> > putting sliced American cheese on it. At least they aren't serving it
> > on a kaiser roll. LOL
> >
> > Jill
> >

> Ugh. That does NOT sound like an improvement.

The *do* have a knack for turning stomachs, don't they? Someone
up-thread finally voiced what I've been thinking ever since Jill
started talking about it: they'd quickly go out of business (or at
least whoever dreams up those horrible menus would be fired) if they
didn't have a captive audience who has to pay up even if they don't
eat there. I'm starting to think that they do it on purpose, because
it's more profitable to take the money and not spend it buying food
for phantom guests. Think of how much the club/HOA wouldn't be able
to keep if people actually ate there. They'd need to stock the
kitchen with real food (instead of "American cheese") and increase
staff size to serve the crowd! Think of how their money pot would
deplete if they provided a real service, similar to Waiters on Wheels,
for elderly residents.

When the economy recovers, people will be moving in who ask "too many"
questions, want to know where the money goes and those old men will be
out on their ears because the new comers will elect themselves to the
board. Fear not, Jill.... the recovery is in full swing. The house
directly across the street from me was just listed for $2 million and
if anything, it will go above asking in this tight market.

Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcquown[_2_] View Post
I got the email with the daily lunch specials from the Club.

"Lunch Speicals [their typo, not mine] Today, Friday, March 14th."

I emailed back: Today is THURSDAY.

These folks really need to hire me as a proofreader and fact-checker.

BTW, one of todays specials is a BLTC. The 'C' is because they're
putting sliced American cheese on it. At least they aren't serving it
on a kaiser roll. LOL

Jill

--
Wine: cheaper than gas. Drink, don't drive.
Has anybody ever thought about just eating that crap and shutting the heck up?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/15/2013 10:04 PM, sf wrote:
> When the economy recovers, people will be moving in who ask "too many"
> questions, want to know where the money goes and those old men will be
> out on their ears because the new comers will elect themselves to the
> board. Fear not, Jill.... the recovery is in full swing. The house
> directly across the street from me was just listed for $2 million and
> if anything, it will go above asking in this tight market.

For anyone interested, there's a house for sale down the street from me.
Actually, it's listed on an auction site. The high bid yesterday
was $20,000.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 16/03/2013 8:17 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 3/15/2013 10:04 PM, sf wrote:
>> When the economy recovers, people will be moving in who ask "too many"
>> questions, want to know where the money goes and those old men will be
>> out on their ears because the new comers will elect themselves to the
>> board. Fear not, Jill.... the recovery is in full swing. The house
>> directly across the street from me was just listed for $2 million and
>> if anything, it will go above asking in this tight market.

> For anyone interested, there's a house for sale down the street from me.
> Actually, it's listed on an auction site. The high bid yesterday
> was $20,000.
>
> Jill

Sounds good, but the mandatory meals at the club with rotten food is a
deal breaker ;-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

bigwheel wrote:

> 'jmcquown[_2_ Wrote:
> > Wine: cheaper than gas. Drink, don't drive.

> Has anybody ever thought about just eating that crap and shutting the
> heck up?

I guess I drink cheap wine.
No way is a gallon of wine cheaper than a gallon of gas. heheh

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> For anyone interested, there's a house for sale down the street from me.
> Actually, it's listed on an auction site. The high bid yesterday
> was $20,000.

$20,000? Is it an old abandoned shack?

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Mar 2013 08:17:00 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

> For anyone interested, there's a house for sale down the street from me.

How many square feet?

> Actually, it's listed on an auction site. The high bid yesterday
> was $20,000.

Your HOA board better watch their backs because new residents will
start making demands and have higher expectations.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Mar 2013 09:28:46 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

> On 16/03/2013 8:17 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> >
> > For anyone interested, there's a house for sale down the street from me.
> > Actually, it's listed on an auction site. The high bid yesterday
> > was $20,000.
> >
> > Jill

> Sounds good, but the mandatory meals at the club with rotten food is a
> deal breaker ;-)

What will happen eventually is new residents won't pay the HOA dues,
which means the HOA board won't be able to skim money off the top AND
keep up the property too, so they'll have to turn over the upkeep of
streets and common areas to a city or county. Without the cash cow of
a disinterested and captive audience, the restaurant will be forced to
open to the general public, which will have access to the island
because the streets are now public, not private. As a result, it will
need to meet the standard expectations of the area if it wants to stay
in business and surpass expectations if they expect to make any money.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> > For anyone interested, there's a house for sale down the street from me.
> > Actually, it's listed on an auction site. The high bid yesterday
> > was $20,000.

> $20,000? Is it an old abandoned shack?

Didn't you know? Jilly lives in the town dump.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> On 3/15/2013 10:04 PM, sf wrote:
>> When the economy recovers, people will be moving in who ask "too many"
>> questions, want to know where the money goes and those old men will be
>> out on their ears because the new comers will elect themselves to the
>> board. Fear not, Jill.... the recovery is in full swing. The house
>> directly across the street from me was just listed for $2 million and
>> if anything, it will go above asking in this tight market.

> For anyone interested, there's a house for sale down the street from me.
> Actually, it's listed on an auction site. The high bid yesterday
> was $20,000.
>
> Jill

Oh wow! This gives some insight into why you have stayed.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/16/2013 12:58 PM, Gary wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> For anyone interested, there's a house for sale down the street from me.
>> Actually, it's listed on an auction site. The high bid yesterday
>> was $20,000.

> $20,000? Is it an old abandoned shack?
>
> G.

Nope. It's a bank owned house in foreclosure.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/18/2013 8:52 PM, Jean B. wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>> On 3/15/2013 10:04 PM, sf wrote:
>>> When the economy recovers, people will be moving in who ask "too many"
>>> questions, want to know where the money goes and those old men will be
>>> out on their ears because the new comers will elect themselves to the
>>> board. Fear not, Jill.... the recovery is in full swing. The house
>>> directly across the street from me was just listed for $2 million and
>>> if anything, it will go above asking in this tight market.

>> For anyone interested, there's a house for sale down the street from
>> me. Actually, it's listed on an auction site. The high bid
>> yesterday was $20,000.
>>
>> Jill

> Oh wow! This gives some insight into why you have stayed.

Not really. The place for sale is in foreclosure. Thank god I don't
have to make mortgage payments on top of everything else.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/16/2013 1:02 PM, sf wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Mar 2013 08:17:00 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>>
>> For anyone interested, there's a house for sale down the street from me.
>>

> How many square feet?

http://tinyurl.com/c3dkafu

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 3/15/2013 10:04 PM, sf wrote:
>> When the economy recovers, people will be moving in who ask "too many"
>> questions, want to know where the money goes and those old men will be
>> out on their ears because the new comers will elect themselves to the
>> board. Fear not, Jill.... the recovery is in full swing. The house
>> directly across the street from me was just listed for $2 million and
>> if anything, it will go above asking in this tight market.

> For anyone interested, there's a house for sale down the street from me.
> Actually, it's listed on an auction site. The high bid yesterday was
> $20,000.
>
> Jill

How's the neighborhood? Is it full of crackpots?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 18 Mar 2013 21:56:43 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

> On 3/16/2013 1:02 PM, sf wrote:
> > On Sat, 16 Mar 2013 08:17:00 -0400, jmcquown >
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> For anyone interested, there's a house for sale down the street from me.
> >>

> > How many square feet?

> http://tinyurl.com/c3dkafu

Thanks for the address! Redfin didn't list it, but Zillow did. Redfin
tells you what their actual asking price is. Zillow only gives an
estimation of worth based on the official description (not RL
additions or condition) based on comps in the area.
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/14...68772834_zpid/

Wow! A 16,000 sf home on a 10,000+ sf lot for only $20,000? That house
is an easy $500,000 here. All those trees are very desirable. If it
was in certain parts of San Jose (which the gated community, golf
course/club etc evokes), it would be at least $700,000 in as is
condition. No idea what it would be here in San Francisco. 10,000 sf
lots are considered huge up here. Some flipper would buy and sub
divide before selling at a healthy profit - or tear it down to build
an apartment/condo structure (filling the entire lot) to sell for even
more.

The Zestimate rental price is $1,203/mo which makes me wonder why it's
not rented. That would more than cover the mortgage (at today's
rates) because it sold for only $230,000 in 2006.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 18 Mar 2013 19:52:57 -0700, "Pico Rico"
> wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
> > On 3/15/2013 10:04 PM, sf wrote:
> >> When the economy recovers, people will be moving in who ask "too many"
> >> questions, want to know where the money goes and those old men will be
> >> out on their ears because the new comers will elect themselves to the
> >> board. Fear not, Jill.... the recovery is in full swing. The house
> >> directly across the street from me was just listed for $2 million and
> >> if anything, it will go above asking in this tight market.

> > For anyone interested, there's a house for sale down the street from me.
> > Actually, it's listed on an auction site. The high bid yesterday was
> > $20,000.
> >
> > Jill

> How's the neighborhood? Is it full of crackpots?

I doubt it. They're retirees.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/18/2013 8:56 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 3/16/2013 1:02 PM, sf wrote:
>> On Sat, 16 Mar 2013 08:17:00 -0400, jmcquown >
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> For anyone interested, there's a house for sale down the street from me.
>>>

>> How many square feet?
>>

> http://tinyurl.com/c3dkafu
>
> Jill

That $20,000 is the opening bid at a foreclosure auction. Zillow
estimates the current value of the house at $143K. Someone is going to
get a good deal but it will sell for a lot more than $20K.

George L

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/19/2013 12:20 AM, sf wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Mar 2013 21:56:43 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> On 3/16/2013 1:02 PM, sf wrote:

>>> How many square feet?

>> http://tinyurl.com/c3dkafu
>>

> Thanks for the address! Redfin didn't list it, but Zillow did. Redfin
> tells you what their actual asking price is. Zillow only gives an
> estimation of worth based on the official description (not RL
> additions or condition) based on comps in the area.
> http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/14...68772834_zpid/
>
> Wow! A 16,000 sf home on a 10,000+ sf lot for only $20,000?

1,600 sq. ft. LOL $20,000 is the starting bid for the online auction
which will take place tomorrow. I don't know why the bank set the
starting bid that low other than perhaps that's all is owed. (I think
the owner died.)

That house
> is an easy $500,000 here. All those trees are very desirable. If it
> was in certain parts of San Jose (which the gated community, golf
> course/club etc evokes), it would be at least $700,000 in as is
> condition. No idea what it would be here in San Francisco. 10,000 sf
> lots are considered huge up here. Some flipper would buy and sub
> divide before selling at a healthy profit - or tear it down to build
> an apartment/condo structure (filling the entire lot) to sell for even
> more.
>
> The Zestimate rental price is $1,203/mo which makes me wonder why it's
> not rented. That would more than cover the mortgage (at today's
> rates) because it sold for only $230,000 in 2006.

The bank isn't in the business of renting houses. As you can well
imagine, there are very strict rules when it comes being allowed to
offer a home for rent.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/19/2013 8:13 AM, George Leppla wrote:
> On 3/18/2013 8:56 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>> On 3/16/2013 1:02 PM, sf wrote:

>>> How many square feet?
>>>

>> http://tinyurl.com/c3dkafu
>>
>> Jill
>>

> That $20,000 is the opening bid at a foreclosure auction. Zillow
> estimates the current value of the house at $143K. Someone is going to
> get a good deal but it will sell for a lot more than $20K.
>
> George L

Absolutely. Of course it's only a good deal if the person who buys it
is aware of the "join the club" requirement. I suppose they have to
apprise potential buyers of this, wouldn't you think? Even if you don't
live in the house, if you own the property you have to join.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/18/2013 10:52 PM, Pico Rico wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> On 3/15/2013 10:04 PM, sf wrote:
>>> When the economy recovers, people will be moving in who ask "too many"
>>> questions, want to know where the money goes and those old men will be
>>> out on their ears because the new comers will elect themselves to the
>>> board. Fear not, Jill.... the recovery is in full swing. The house
>>> directly across the street from me was just listed for $2 million and
>>> if anything, it will go above asking in this tight market.

>> For anyone interested, there's a house for sale down the street from me.
>> Actually, it's listed on an auction site. The high bid yesterday was
>> $20,000.
>>
>> Jill

> How's the neighborhood? Is it full of crackpots?

LOL yes, people just like *me*! That's the starting bid, I wasn't
clear. The auction starts tomorrow.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/16/2013 11:09 AM, Gary wrote:

>> 'jmcquown[_2_ Wrote:
>>> Wine: cheaper than gas. Drink, don't drive.

> I guess I drink cheap wine.
> No way is a gallon of wine cheaper than a gallon of gas. heheh
>
> G.

That was a billboard slogan from years ago. I don't remember which wine
it was advertising.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"George Leppla" > wrote in message
> On 3/18/2013 8:56 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>> On 3/16/2013 1:02 PM, sf wrote:

>>> How many square feet?
>>>

>> http://tinyurl.com/c3dkafu
>>
>> Jill
>>

> That $20,000 is the opening bid at a foreclosure auction. Zillow
> estimates the current value of the house at $143K. Someone is going to
> get a good deal but it will sell for a lot more than $20K.
>
> George L

Wow! You can't get any kind of house for $143K in this area. Maybe a 1
bedroom Condo. Maybe.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 3/19/2013 8:13 AM, George Leppla wrote:

>>> http://tinyurl.com/c3dkafu
>>>
>>> Jill
>>>

>> That $20,000 is the opening bid at a foreclosure auction. Zillow
>> estimates the current value of the house at $143K. Someone is going to
>> get a good deal but it will sell for a lot more than $20K.
>>
>> George L

> Absolutely. Of course it's only a good deal if the person who buys it is
> aware of the "join the club" requirement. I suppose they have to apprise
> potential buyers of this, wouldn't you think? Even if you don't live in
> the house, if you own the property you have to join.

When we bought our house, they didn't tell us of the rules until the
closing. Luckily there aren't a lot of rules here. Only that we couldn't
paint the house in an outlandish way. They mentioned pink with purple polka
dots. Which I had almost been considering! Well not quite that but I am
fond of purple. And I always had visions of painting flowers along the
sides of the house. Like simple tulips. But I guess not.

Just across the street and down a little ways, they have all sorts of rules!
Grass has to be trimmed to a certain level and they are not allowed to have
clover. If they do, it has to be trimmed so that it doesn't show. I think
they are big on weed control too. They are picky as to how many vehicles
you can own, where you park, and no broken down vehicles are allowed. I
also think the paint colors you are allowed to use are quite limited. But
there is a lot more. Like not having lawn ornaments. At least not in the
front yard. That kind of strictness is not for me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/19/2013 9:02 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> Just across the street and down a little ways, they have all sorts of rules!
> Grass has to be trimmed to a certain level and they are not allowed to have
> clover. If they do, it has to be trimmed so that it doesn't show. I think
> they are big on weed control too. They are picky as to how many vehicles
> you can own, where you park, and no broken down vehicles are allowed. I
> also think the paint colors you are allowed to use are quite limited. But
> there is a lot more. Like not having lawn ornaments. At least not in the
> front yard. That kind of strictness is not for me.

Here they do require the lawns be maintained but I'll be damned if they
can tell me I can't have weeds. (If they're so concerned about it, lawn
care should be included as part of the monthly HOA fees.)

The people who live across the street from me were just here for a
little over a month. They drove down in separate cars and their house
only has a one-car garage. The guy was concerned because you aren't
supposed to leave a car sitting in the driveway. This sort of
nit-pickiness galls me. Who the hell cares? I'm not talking about a
rusted out junker sitting up on blocks. It's his driveway, dammit. He
has a right to park his second car on it.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/16/2013 12:12 PM, sf wrote:

> What will happen eventually is new residents won't pay the HOA dues,
> which means the HOA board won't be able to skim money off the top AND
> keep up the property too,

Nope. Which means the new residents will be issued notices of
foreclosure. You fail to pay your dues, you get foreclosed upon.

so they'll have to turn over the upkeep of
> streets and common areas to a city or county.

Nope. HOAs are usually set up by the developer, primarily to repay the
developer for the infrastructure costs. That's why cities and states
love them - the infrastructure cost is carried by the residents of the
development instead of being assessed against everyone in the city or
state. So they're seldom interested in acquiring that debt and
maintenance burden, which means dissolving an HOA isn't that simple.
When you buy into one of those communities, you're not just buying a
home. You're also buying a share of the debt. Hence the dues.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/19/2013 10:30 AM, Moe DeLoughan wrote:
> On 3/16/2013 12:12 PM, sf wrote:
>
>> What will happen eventually is new residents won't pay the HOA dues,
>> which means the HOA board won't be able to skim money off the top AND
>> keep up the property too,

> Nope. Which means the new residents will be issued notices of
> foreclosure. You fail to pay your dues, you get foreclosed upon.

Not all HOA's are created equal. If I don't pay the dues (I tried it
once for a couple of months) the most they can do is put a lien on the
property and rack up late fees. They can't foreclose because they
aren't a bank and they didn't loan the residents any money.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/19/2013 7:44 AM, jmcquown wrote:

> Absolutely. Of course it's only a good deal if the person who buys it
> is aware of the "join the club" requirement. I suppose they have to
> apprise potential buyers of this, wouldn't you think? Even if you don't
> live in the house, if you own the property you have to join.
>
> Jill

My day off for 32 years, was Monday, and the golf course was closed on
Mondays for maintenance, so were the swimming pools. I could eat at the
club, but really didn't care to. My children were able to be on the swim
team and one of them enjoyed playing golf, so they enjoyed it.

Becca