General Cooking (rec.food.cooking) For general food and cooking discussion. Foods of all kinds, food procurement, cooking methods and techniques, eating, etc.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 11-03-2013, 08:47 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 466
Default Flavor Infusion Pitcher

I'm seeing more and more of these things, like this one from Bed,
Bath, and Beyond

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=207214

being advertised, and I like the concept, but I'm wondering how well
they work. Anybody have any experience with this?

  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 11-03-2013, 01:40 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 14,587
Default Flavor Infusion Pitcher

On 2013-03-11, Alan Holbrook wrote:

being advertised, and I like the concept, but I'm wondering how well
they work. Anybody have any experience with this?


Yeah. You put tea in water to make tea. You put fruit in water to
make fruity water. Finally, you add ice cubes to water to make the
water cold. I suspect mankind has been doing much the same thing for
many millenia, and without the help of a gimmicky overpriced piece of
junk that costs $30. I personally have been doing it all my life with
nothing more than a plain ol' continer of some sort, typically a
plastic water pitcher costing about one dollar at yer local dollar
store. Why, jes this very instant I have ice cubes in a glass of
water without a plastic "ice core". Hard to believe, but true!

nb
  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 11-03-2013, 01:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 36,804
Default Flavor Infusion Pitcher

On 3/11/2013 9:40 AM, notbob wrote:
On 2013-03-11, Alan Holbrook wrote:

being advertised, and I like the concept, but I'm wondering how well
they work. Anybody have any experience with this?


Yeah. You put tea in water to make tea. You put fruit in water to
make fruity water. Finally, you add ice cubes to water to make the
water cold. I suspect mankind has been doing much the same thing for
many millenia, and without the help of a gimmicky overpriced piece of
junk that costs $30. I personally have been doing it all my life with
nothing more than a plain ol' continer of some sort, typically a
plastic water pitcher costing about one dollar at yer local dollar
store. Why, jes this very instant I have ice cubes in a glass of
water without a plastic "ice core". Hard to believe, but true!

nb

I was once given a glass pitcher with an "ice core", ostensibly for iced
tea or lemonade. The core itself screwed onto a plastic snap-on lid. I
couldn't see the point. Not only did it take up half the room in the
pitcher, you could only fit a three or four ice cubes in it.

Jill
  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 11-03-2013, 03:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 61,789
Default Flavor Infusion Pitcher

On Mon, 11 Mar 2013 03:47:07 -0500, Alan Holbrook
wrote:

I'm seeing more and more of these things, like this one from Bed,
Bath, and Beyond

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=207214

being advertised, and I like the concept, but I'm wondering how well
they work. Anybody have any experience with this?


I knew what it was before I even looked. Why on earth do you want to
waste your money on that thing?

--
Food is an important part of a balanced diet.
  #5 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 11-03-2013, 03:26 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 61,789
Default Flavor Infusion Pitcher

On Mon, 11 Mar 2013 09:21:06 -0500, jay wrote:

In article ,
Alan Holbrook wrote:

I'm seeing more and more of these things, like this one from Bed,
Bath, and Beyond

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=207214

being advertised, and I like the concept, but I'm wondering how well
they work. Anybody have any experience with this?


I see absolutely zero use for it in my kitchen. What would you do with
it? A infuser ball seems way easier and is much cheaper.

http://www.amazon.com/Extra-Large-Ju...user-Stainless
/dp/B004X4LGIO


Plus they're good for other things. I use my largest tea ball to hold
the herbs of a bouquet garni, so I don't have to tie anything up.

--
Food is an important part of a balanced diet.


  #6 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 11-03-2013, 03:47 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 36,804
Default Flavor Infusion Pitcher

On 3/11/2013 11:23 AM, sf wrote:
On Mon, 11 Mar 2013 03:47:07 -0500, Alan Holbrook
wrote:

I'm seeing more and more of these things, like this one from Bed,
Bath, and Beyond

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=207214

being advertised, and I like the concept, but I'm wondering how well
they work. Anybody have any experience with this?


I knew what it was before I even looked. Why on earth do you want to
waste your money on that thing?

Some people apparently like to waste money. That's why so many of these
gadgets sell. I don't understand it, myself.

Jill
  #7 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 11-03-2013, 04:39 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,359
Default Flavor Infusion Pitcher

On 3/11/2013 11:26 AM, sf wrote:

Plus they're good for other things. I use my largest tea ball to hold
the herbs of a bouquet garni, so I don't have to tie anything up.

+1
  #8 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 11-03-2013, 06:07 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 61,789
Default Flavor Infusion Pitcher

On Mon, 11 Mar 2013 11:47:28 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

Some people apparently like to waste money. That's why so many of these
gadgets sell. I don't understand it, myself.


I look at them and think they are mainly gifts people give when they
can't think of anything better.

--
Food is an important part of a balanced diet.
  #9 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 11-03-2013, 06:35 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 36,804
Default Flavor Infusion Pitcher

On 3/11/2013 2:07 PM, sf wrote:
On Mon, 11 Mar 2013 11:47:28 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

Some people apparently like to waste money. That's why so many of these
gadgets sell. I don't understand it, myself.


I look at them and think they are mainly gifts people give when they
can't think of anything better.

That's how I wound up with something similar years back.

Jill
  #10 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 11-03-2013, 06:36 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,110
Default Flavor Infusion Pitcher

On Monday, March 11, 2013 2:35:12 PM UTC-4, jmcquown wrote:
On 3/11/2013 2:07 PM, sf wrote:

On Mon, 11 Mar 2013 11:47:28 -0400, jmcquown


wrote:




Some people apparently like to waste money. That's why so many of these


gadgets sell. I don't understand it, myself.




I look at them and think they are mainly gifts people give when they


can't think of anything better.




That's how I wound up with something similar years back.



Jill


VD?


  #11 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 11-03-2013, 06:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 466
Default Flavor Infusion Pitcher

jmcquown wrote in
:

On 3/11/2013 2:07 PM, sf wrote:
On Mon, 11 Mar 2013 11:47:28 -0400, jmcquown


wrote:

Some people apparently like to waste money. That's why so

many of
these gadgets sell. I don't understand it, myself.


I look at them and think they are mainly gifts people give when

they
can't think of anything better.

That's how I wound up with something similar years back.

Jill


MiGawd! Finally a topic on RFC where _EVERYBODY_ agreed and
_NOBODY_ called anybody names! OK, thanks, I think I can resist
the urge after reading the replies. Besides, there's a liquor
store next to my local BB&B, and $29.95 will buy a couple of
bottles of low end rotgut.

And maybe I'll still stop in to the BB&B and price out giant
infuser balls...


  #12 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 12-03-2013, 06:43 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 61,789
Default Flavor Infusion Pitcher

On Mon, 11 Mar 2013 13:59:55 -0500, Alan Holbrook
wrote:

MiGawd! Finally a topic on RFC where _EVERYBODY_ agreed and
_NOBODY_ called anybody names! OK, thanks, I think I can resist
the urge after reading the replies. Besides, there's a liquor
store next to my local BB&B, and $29.95 will buy a couple of
bottles of low end rotgut.

And maybe I'll still stop in to the BB&B and price out giant
infuser balls...

LOL

--
Food is an important part of a balanced diet.
  #13 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 13-03-2013, 12:22 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,927
Default Flavor Infusion Pitcher

Infused waters are delicious, but I don't see the need for any special
equipment. Just add your flavorings to a pitcher of ice water and cool.

Try any combination of:

sliced cucumbers

mint

fruit -- lemon, lime, any other citrus, berries, peaches, watermelon,
whatever you have

pineapple and mint -- I tried this recently at a fancy-fancy spa. It was
nice and refreshing. -- sweet, tart, and herbal.

Tara
  #14 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 14-03-2013, 04:06 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,324
Default Flavor Infusion Pitcher

On Mon, 11 Mar 2013 03:47:07 -0500, Alan Holbrook
wrote:

I'm seeing more and more of these things, like this one from Bed,
Bath, and Beyond

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=207214

being advertised, and I like the concept, but I'm wondering how well
they work. Anybody have any experience with this?


I've not had any experience with one but sure would like one. I like
the spill proof feature and the infusers are a great idea. I've
infused teas, water and seltzer with fruits and or herbs; the inserts
would sure make it easier. Summer is coming on and that will be very
handy, not to mention how nice it would look on the patio table.


koko looking for her 20% of BB&B coupon
--
Food is our common ground, a universal experience
James Beard

www.kokoscornerblog.com

  #15 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 16-03-2013, 01:13 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 11,612
Default Flavor Infusion Pitcher

wrote:
On Mon, 11 Mar 2013 03:47:07 -0500, Alan Holbrook
wrote:

I'm seeing more and more of these things, like this one from Bed,
Bath, and Beyond

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=207214

being advertised, and I like the concept, but I'm wondering how well
they work. Anybody have any experience with this?


I've not had any experience with one but sure would like one. I like
the spill proof feature and the infusers are a great idea. I've
infused teas, water and seltzer with fruits and or herbs; the inserts
would sure make it easier. Summer is coming on and that will be very
handy, not to mention how nice it would look on the patio table.


koko looking for her 20% of BB&B coupon
--
Food is our common ground, a universal experience
James Beard

www.kokoscornerblog.com


I saw that at BB&B just yesterday. Tapped it. It's made of
plastic, in case you care.

--
Jean B.
PRACTICING LUDDITE


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HELP: Pitcher-style water filtration? Andy[_15_] Cooking Equipment 8 05-07-2009 10:54 PM
267 Infusion jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 2 26-04-2009 01:22 AM
Unassuming tea blossom pitcher Space Cowboy Tea 26 05-12-2006 03:40 PM
The pitcher had water in... Dan Krueger Barbecue 4 05-10-2006 04:05 AM
?PITCHER SHAPE FOR MILK FROTHING Raicu Coffee 0 21-06-2004 04:31 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2022 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017