Posted to rec.food.cooking
z z z z is offline

Default Le Carbs Le Cholesterol

After Christmas I bought a carton of candied citron on clearance for
50cents. I like the cooks.com website for browsing and was horrified by
this recipe (but would love to have just one bite out of curiousity lol)

ITALIAN NOODLE PIE*

1 lb. noodles

2 doz. eggs, beaten

1 qt. heavy cream

2 c. sugar, or to taste

1/4 lb. butter

2 tbsp. vanilla

1 tsp. salt

1/4 c. citron or candied fruit

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook noodles in boiling water approximately
5 to 6 minutes. Drain, leaving a small amount of water. Add sugar and
butter to noodles and mix until butter melts. Cool noodle mixture, then
add all other ingredients. Bake in two 9 x 13 inch pans for
approximately 1 hour or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

z z wrote:
> After Christmas I bought a carton of candied citron on clearance for
> 50cents. I like the cooks.com website for browsing and was horrified
> by this recipe (but would love to have just one bite out of
> curiousity lol)
>
> ITALIAN NOODLE PIE
>
> 1 lb. noodles
>
> 2 doz. eggs, beaten
>
> 1 qt. heavy cream
>
> 2 c. sugar, or to taste
>
> 1/4 lb. butter
>
> 2 tbsp. vanilla
>
> 1 tsp. salt
>
> 1/4 c. citron or candied fruit
>
> Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook noodles in boiling water
> approximately 5 to 6 minutes. Drain, leaving a small amount of water.
> Add sugar and butter to noodles and mix until butter melts. Cool
> noodle mixture, then add all other ingredients. Bake in two 9 x 13
> inch pans for approximately 1 hour or until knife inserted in center
> comes out clean.

My MIL made something similar. Very good!

cholesterol gregz General Cooking 78 02-10-2012 05:54 AM
Cholesterol James Silverton[_4_] General Cooking 47 02-04-2011 05:00 AM
Cholesterol! [email protected] General Cooking 17 31-12-2006 02:34 AM
Good Carbs, Bad Carbs, And Cancer Steve Vegan 0 12-08-2004 05:31 PM
CHOLESTEROL General Cooking 111 23-12-2003 03:16 PM