Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Pizza Margherita (thin vs thick crusts)

In article >, "ViLco" >
wrote:

> Julie Bove wrote:
>
> > We had square at school. Horrible stuff. Bready, anemic crust
> > topped with what seemed like plain, drained tomatoes from a can and
> > an odd, yellow cheese.

> LOL, that's the norm in italian school-canteens too. It must be universal

Probably because you can get more rectangular pans into an oven than
round ones. When you're dealing with school lunch kitchens, high volume
is vital.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/9/2013 12:36 PM, Cindy Fuller wrote:
(snipped)
> Pizza Padron ran afoul of some conservative talking heads several years
> ago when they said they would accept Mexican pesos as well as Yankee $'s
> for their pizzas. This was the usual ginned-up nonsense. Does anyone
> howl when the Costco near the Canadian border in Bellingham, Washington
> accepts both Canadian and Yankee $'s as payment?
>
> Cindy

Beats me. As long as they're getting paid (and can do the currency
conversions without inconveniencing anyone) who cares? It's their business.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Pizza Margherita

For lunch I had whole wheat toast pizza with gouda cheese, pepperoni and
pickled jalapenos. I think gouda would be fine on top of lasagna too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/7/2013 9:19 AM, Bryan wrote:

> Like you, I seriously restrict carbs, and I wonder how to make a crust that
> is ultra thin, but holds together under toppings. I know that adding gluten
> is essential.

I make my pizza crust ultra thin and my way is to not let it rise, and
to precook the crust before putting the toppings on and letting it cook
a second time.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/6/2013 8:55 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Mar 2013 17:01:37 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> I recently bought a couple of vegan pizzas (Amy's brand) from Whole foods.
>> They are the only made up pizzas I have found that use the Daiya cheese
>> ..... In fact in most cases I prefer to just go without cheese than to
>> use this.

> It's a good thing you specifically sought out those pizzas with the
> cheese you don't like. Life would be pretty boring for you if there
> were no walls to bang your head against.
>
> -sw

My favorite frozen pizza to doctor up with toppings is CPK thin crust
four cheese. I didn't get why they call it four cheese because the box
only lists three, but looking at the description on the web site, I
guess there are two different mozzarellas.

From the site: Fontina, smoked gouda and mozzarellas On the box
mozzarella is singular. I add pepperoni, Parmesan cheese, sometimes
ground sausage or beef, onions, roasted garlic.

http://www.cpkfrozen.com/ctc-four-cheese.html

German/Dutch/oven pancake pizza (AKA Puffy Pizza) Christopher M.[_5_] General Cooking 0 02-02-2013 05:24 PM
Tortilla Pizza Margherita Kathy[_2_] Recipes (moderated) 0 22-08-2007 04:35 AM
Pizza Margherita Kent General Cooking 78 06-06-2007 06:29 AM
Homemade pizza and garlic and cheese calzones... was Dominos Meat Pie Pizza Sheldon General Cooking 1 04-05-2007 06:42 PM
Homemade pizza and garlic and cheese calzones... was Dominos Meat Pie Pizza Sheldon General Cooking 0 04-05-2007 04:09 PM