Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default My First Quick Bread Experiment

On Sat, 09 Mar 2013 11:00:39 -1000, dsi1
> wrote:

>On 3/9/2013 10:46 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>
>> You can buy new appliances that are built very well that have modern
>> electronic controls but it all depends on your wallet. Some modern
>> features I utilize but for me some are a waste... I don't need an ice
>> maker, I'm the ice maker, I don't mind filling trays manually,
>> especially since I don't use a lot of ice, one tray a day at the most,
>> and not every day. For company I prefer to buy a bag of that crystal
>> clear ice at the convenience store, it's only like $2/5 lbs.
>>

>An ice-maker is the most important feature for me. I hate messing around
>with ice cube trays! I installed a water line for my mother-in-law's LG
>refrigerator in her condo and it's just beautiful! It produces a huge
>amount of ice. My Samsung only produces about half that. Bummer.

I'm the only one here that regularly uses ice... filling one tray is
no biggie.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/9/2013 11:21 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Sat, 09 Mar 2013 11:00:39 -1000, dsi1
> > wrote:
>
>> On 3/9/2013 10:46 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>>
>>> You can buy new appliances that are built very well that have modern
>>> electronic controls but it all depends on your wallet. Some modern
>>> features I utilize but for me some are a waste... I don't need an ice
>>> maker, I'm the ice maker, I don't mind filling trays manually,
>>> especially since I don't use a lot of ice, one tray a day at the most,
>>> and not every day. For company I prefer to buy a bag of that crystal
>>> clear ice at the convenience store, it's only like $2/5 lbs.
>>>

>> An ice-maker is the most important feature for me. I hate messing around
>> with ice cube trays! I installed a water line for my mother-in-law's LG
>> refrigerator in her condo and it's just beautiful! It produces a huge
>> amount of ice. My Samsung only produces about half that. Bummer.

> I'm the only one here that regularly uses ice... filling one tray is
> no biggie.

My guess is that people that live in the tropics consume a lot of ice.
We drink a lot cause Spam is salty!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On 3/9/2013 11:21 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> On Sat, 09 Mar 2013 11:00:39 -1000, dsi1
>> > wrote:

>>> An ice-maker is the most important feature for me. I hate messing around
>>> with ice cube trays! I installed a water line for my mother-in-law's LG
>>> refrigerator in her condo and it's just beautiful! It produces a huge
>>> amount of ice. My Samsung only produces about half that. Bummer.

>> I'm the only one here that regularly uses ice... filling one tray is
>> no biggie.
>>

> My guess is that people that live in the tropics consume a lot of ice. We
> drink a lot cause Spam is salty!

That could be. The only time I ever buy ice is when we are having a party
or when it's hot. Doesn't get hot a lot here. When we lived in PA, MA and
NY we did go through a lot of ice. Never had an ice maker though.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/10/2013 1:52 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> That could be. The only time I ever buy ice is when we are having a party
> or when it's hot. Doesn't get hot a lot here. When we lived in PA, MA and
> NY we did go through a lot of ice. Never had an ice maker though.

The ice maker is the greatest invention since refrigeration and
refrigeration is a pretty great invention. As long as I've got an ice
maker at home and an AC in the car, I'm happy.