Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Quick Vegan Fudge

Dave Smith wrote:

>If I had a really good friend who was a
> vegetarian I would. But.... if I am having
> a group of people I am not going to
> inflict the vegetarian regime on
> everyone else. I tend not to do the all in
> one dishes like lasagne. I usually have a
> meat, a starch, 2-3 vegetables. Dessert
> includes fruit, preferable fresh.
> Vegetarians are free to graze on the non
> meat offerings. Vegans....... forget it.

I think what I would do, is at the time of the invite, knowing the
person is a vegetarian (or vegan) is tell them there will be meat served
(for the other guests, as after all, majority rules, I feel) but there
will be side dishes they can eat. I wouldn't cater just to the one guest
and purposely plan my meal to accommodate them and not the rest of the
people, but there would be food they could enjoy as well.

My husband is a big meat & potatoes type of guy, and think
vegetarians/vegans are a different "breed" of people (LOL) so he would
not want me to prepare a meatless meal only to satisfy one person.

Our one granddaughter is married to a vegan, but they don't live in our
town. When they do come back here for a visit, he will go shopping and
cook whatever he bought, and doesn't expect anyone to prepare special
meals , which is good, because I wouldn't go out of my way to do so. The
granddaughter loves meat, and was raised by her father, who is a big
hunter, as is her grandfather (my husband). She said at home, Matt cooks
for himself also, and they usually have separate meals. He's fine with
that.

Judy

Quick Vegan Fudge Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 256 16-03-2013 01:33 AM
Vegan Fudge Julie Bove[_2_] Diabetic 0 13-03-2013 10:13 AM
Quick Vegan Fudge Judy Haffner General Cooking 12 02-03-2013 08:09 PM
Quick Marshmallow Fudge Bars jacqueline austin Recipes (moderated) 0 08-11-2006 05:08 AM
No 'Cook' quick & easy Christmas Fudge Lestat Recipes 0 19-12-2004 08:40 AM