Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Recipes: chicken two ways, baked shrimp with feta, olives andtomatoes

On 3/1/2013 8:27 AM, Susan wrote:

> On 3/1/2013 4:49 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>
>> We call that the 'Parson's nose' <g>

> In my husband's family it was the Pope's nose. :-)

In my family, it's the parson's neb.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

x-no-archive: no

On 3/1/2013 11:57 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> Very good question) A wee bit off topic (still on food though) today,
> I was preparing a cauliflower cheese. Family came onto Skype and
> cauliflower got overcooked Well there are more important things than a
> veg) I had already cooked minced bacon and mushroom as well as browned
> some onions. Hadn't made a cheese sauce yet. Question, what is a good
> thing to do with it, or is it stuffed?

The best thing to do with mushy, overcooked cauli is to make fauxtatoes
with it. in your case, I'd add in the other yummy sounding stuff after
pureeing it.

Susan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Susan" > wrote in message
> x-no-archive: no
>
> On 3/1/2013 11:57 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>
>> Very good question) A wee bit off topic (still on food though) today,
>> I was preparing a cauliflower cheese. Family came onto Skype and
>> cauliflower got overcooked Well there are more important things than a
>> veg) I had already cooked minced bacon and mushroom as well as browned
>> some onions. Hadn't made a cheese sauce yet. Question, what is a good
>> thing to do with it, or is it stuffed?

> The best thing to do with mushy, overcooked cauli is to make fauxtatoes
> with it. in your case, I'd add in the other yummy sounding stuff after
> pureeing it.

Cool, thanks) I had thought of soup but I like your idea better.
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/