Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Quick Vegan Fudge

Christine wrote:

>It really sounds horrible to me, to be
> honest. * Maybe it is good, but not to my
> mind. If I am going to do fudge, I will
> make real fudge.

Same here...it actually seems revolting to be honest. Weird ingredients
for fudge...chili powder, pepper, cinnamon??? I've never even heard of
brown rice syrup?

Judy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Judy Haffner wrote:
> Christine wrote:
>
>> It really sounds horrible to me, to be
>> honest. Maybe it is good, but not to my
>> mind. If I am going to do fudge, I will
>> make real fudge.

> Same here...it actually seems revolting to be honest. Weird
> ingredients for fudge...chili powder, pepper, cinnamon??? I've never
> even heard of brown rice syrup?

They're not weird ingredients at all. Have you never heard of chocolate
with chili, pepper or cinnamon? We can get it in all sorts of places here.
And brown rice syrup is a dead common vegan ingredient.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

>They're not weird ingredients at all. Have
> you never heard of chocolate with chili,
> pepper or cinnamon? We can get it in all
> sorts of places here. And brown rice
> syrup is a dead common vegan
> ingredient.

Chili, pepper and cinnamon are not weird ingredients in themselves, but
just not in fudge. I make several pounds of fudge every December, and
many varieties, and have yet to use pepper, chili power or cinnamon in
it. I've seen recipes calling for cinnamon in chocolate cakes and
cookies, but personally I don't think the flavors go well together.

Since I'm not a vegan, I've never heard of brown rice syrup, but it
doesn't sound like something I'd want to put in my fudge either. <shrug>

Judy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Judy Haffner" > wrote in message

> Julie Bove wrote:
>
>>They're not weird ingredients at all. Have
>> you never heard of chocolate with chili,
>> pepper or cinnamon? We can get it in all
>> sorts of places here. And brown rice
>> syrup is a dead common vegan
>> ingredient.

> Chili, pepper and cinnamon are not weird ingredients in themselves, but
> just not in fudge. I make several pounds of fudge every December, and
> many varieties, and have yet to use pepper, chili power or cinnamon in
> it. I've seen recipes calling for cinnamon in chocolate cakes and
> cookies, but personally I don't think the flavors go well together.
>
> Since I'm not a vegan, I've never heard of brown rice syrup, but it
> doesn't sound like something I'd want to put in my fudge either. <shrug>

Me either, but Mexican Ibarra chocolate has chili and cinnamon. And it does
taste good but has no black pepper.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Judy Haffner" > wrote in message

> Julie Bove wrote:
>
>>They're not weird ingredients at all. Have
>> you never heard of chocolate with chili,
>> pepper or cinnamon? We can get it in all
>> sorts of places here. And brown rice
>> syrup is a dead common vegan
>> ingredient.

> Chili, pepper and cinnamon are not weird ingredients in themselves, but
> just not in fudge. I make several pounds of fudge every December, and
> many varieties, and have yet to use pepper, chili power or cinnamon in
> it. I've seen recipes calling for cinnamon in chocolate cakes and
> cookies, but personally I don't think the flavors go well together.

Cinnamon is VERY common in chocolate! Especially Mexican chocolate.

> Since I'm not a vegan, I've never heard of brown rice syrup, but it
> doesn't sound like something I'd want to put in my fudge either. <shrug>

Okay.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 1 Mar 2013 00:08:21 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> They're not weird ingredients at all. Have you never heard of chocolate
>> with chili, pepper or cinnamon? We can get it in all sorts of places
>> here.
>> And brown rice syrup is a dead common vegan ingredient.

> If it's not weird, then why did you take one bite and declare that
> you're not going to eat any more of it? Why even post the recipe
> here, for that matter - or are you just trolling again?

I never said it was weird and I didn't say that I wasn't going to eat any
more of it. I did eat more of it. I said I wasn't going to make it again
for *me*. Said if daughter wanted it, I would make it for her, minus the
nuts. I think the problem for me is the sunseed butter. I really don't
like that. The original recipe called for creamy peanut butter which my
daughter can not eat. I do like peanut butter and this might be good with
that. But seeing as how I don't need to be eating candy, no matter what it
is, it's not too likely that I'll make that either. Not for a while anyway.
The flavor is great! Except perhaps for the sunseed butter. It does remind
me in taste of the chocolate covered sunseeds and I don't like those very
well.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 1 Mar 2013 21:06:04 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> If it's not weird, then why did you take one bite and declare that
>>> you're not going to eat any more of it? Why even post the recipe
>>> here, for that matter - or are you just trolling again?

>> I never said it was weird and I didn't say that I wasn't going to eat any
>> more of it.

> And another quote:
>
> "This wasn't yucky but I don't think I really ever want it again. The
> texture is off. "

I did not say want to eat it. Did I?

> Do you not remember what you said? NOW go away. Again.

Actually I wish YOU'D go away but you didn't. It did for some reason taste
better tonight. Not sure why.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 1 Mar 2013 21:06:04 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> If it's not weird, then why did you take one bite and declare that
>>> you're not going to eat any more of it? Why even post the recipe
>>> here, for that matter - or are you just trolling again?

>> I never said it was weird and I didn't say that I wasn't going to eat any
>> more of it.

> "Well I don't think I'll be making this again unless daughter likes it
> without the nuts. I tried it after it set up and I didn't care for it
> so much."
>
> End of quote. Now go away.

Not going away. Where in that quote does it say that I will not eat it
again? It does not. And methinks you have more than a little too much time
on your hands if you remember every word that I say.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
news
> On Sat, 2 Mar 2013 00:50:30 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> "Well I don't think I'll be making this again unless daughter likes it
>>> without the nuts. I tried it after it set up and I didn't care for it
>>> so much."
>>>
>>> End of quote. Now go away.

>> Not going away. Where in that quote does it say that I will not eat it
>> again?

> <Laugh!> Since when are YOU in the habit of eating things you don't
> like? Uh-huh.

Saying that I didn't care for it so much is not the same as not liking it.
I don't care for hamburger so much either but I do eat it.

>> It does not. And methinks you have more than a little too much time
>> on your hands if you remember every word that I say.

> No, I just have enough time to make you eat your words, whether you
> care for them or not.
>
> This is the same excuse you use every time you're caught trying to
> weasel out of admitting you said something.

Whatever.

Quick Vegan Fudge Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 256 16-03-2013 02:33 AM
Vegan Fudge Julie Bove[_2_] Diabetic 0 13-03-2013 11:13 AM
Quick Vegan Fudge Judy Haffner General Cooking 0 02-03-2013 06:24 PM
Quick Marshmallow Fudge Bars jacqueline austin Recipes (moderated) 0 08-11-2006 06:08 AM
No 'Cook' quick & easy Christmas Fudge Lestat Recipes 0 19-12-2004 09:40 AM