Old 28-02-2013, 06:09 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Recipes: chicken two ways, baked shrimp with feta, olives and tomatoes

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 10:07:11 -0700, Janet Bostwick
wrote:

It may be that I preferred the crispy skin and was already doing
spatchcocking. This bird is rubbed lightly with olive oil mixed with
crushed garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper.
http://tinyurl.com/ck2udsz

http://tinyurl.com/c9zpb79

Sounds great, looks fantastic, love chicken done that way. I need to
try making mine a one pot meal like yours sometime. So, all of that
cooked for an hour and the carrots weren't mushy?

Old 28-02-2013, 06:31 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

It may be that I preferred the crispy skin and was already doing
spatchcocking. This bird is rubbed lightly with olive oil mixed with
crushed garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper.
http://tinyurl.com/ck2udsz

http://tinyurl.com/c9zpb79

Sounds great, looks fantastic, love chicken done that way. I need to
try making mine a one pot meal like yours sometime. So, all of that
cooked for an hour and the carrots weren't mushy?

Thanks. No, not mushy. I generally have a Costco chicken, so weight
is probably closer to 4 pounds. I roast in a preheated 400F oven,
sometimes up to 450. That temperature caramelizes the surfaces of the
vegetables. These days I am using regular carrots cut in chunks about
the same size as potatoes. (used to get the baby carrots primarily
for the dog and then decided he could eat regular carrots like the
rest of us.) I like putting the vegetables around the chicken because
they keep down the spattering to pretty much nothing. I do check the
bird temperature to make sure that it is done.
Janet US