Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Brussels Sprouts

We like to roast them. The high heat caramelizes the sugars in the
sprouts, bringing out more flavor. I think it also reduces the
bitterness, which some people don't like.

Preheat oven to 425F degrees.

Line a shallow roasting pan with foil and wipe it with olive oil.

Trim off any bits of dried out stems and slice the sprouts in half,
lengthwise. Put them in a plastic bag with a bit more olive oil and
shake 'em up.

Arrange sprouts in the pan, sprinkle with salt and fresh ground pepper.

Pop 'em in the oven. After about 10 minutes, reduce heat to 350F.

If they start to dry out, brush a little more oil on them.

I like to roast them until the edges are just starting to char, and the
outside parts get a bit of nice toasty crunchiness. Depending on how
large they are, this might take 15 to 20 minutes.

At the table, drizzle a little balsamic on them, and enjoy.

--
Julian Vrieslander
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julian Vrieslander" > wrote in message
> We like to roast them. The high heat caramelizes the sugars in the
> sprouts, bringing out more flavor. I think it also reduces the
> bitterness, which some people don't like.
>
> Preheat oven to 425F degrees.
>
> Line a shallow roasting pan with foil and wipe it with olive oil.
>
> Trim off any bits of dried out stems and slice the sprouts in half,
> lengthwise. Put them in a plastic bag with a bit more olive oil and
> shake 'em up.
>
> Arrange sprouts in the pan, sprinkle with salt and fresh ground pepper.
>
> Pop 'em in the oven. After about 10 minutes, reduce heat to 350F.
>
> If they start to dry out, brush a little more oil on them.
>
> I like to roast them until the edges are just starting to char, and the
> outside parts get a bit of nice toasty crunchiness. Depending on how
> large they are, this might take 15 to 20 minutes.
>
> At the table, drizzle a little balsamic on them, and enjoy.

Thanks. Julian.

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Brussels sprouts Nick Cramer Diabetic 3 07-01-2010 03:16 AM
brussels sprouts bulka[_2_] General Cooking 5 08-02-2009 06:47 PM
Brussels Sprouts Travis and Jenn Bartimus Recipes (moderated) 0 13-07-2006 01:30 AM