Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default REC: Chicken Piccata

I thought I would share the recipe that I find simple and like best.

Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentis
Ingredients:
2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, butterflied and then cut in
half
salt and freshly ground black pepper
all-purpose flour, for dredging
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup brined capers, rinsed
1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Directions
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and
shake off excess.
In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter
with 3 tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle,
add 2 pieces of chicken and cook for 3 minutes. When chicken is
browned, flip and cook other side for 3 minutes. Remove and transfer
to plate. Melt 2 more tablespoons butter and add another 2
tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add the
other 2 pieces of chicken and brown on both sides in the same manner.
Remove pan from heat and add chicken to the plate.
Into the pan add the lemon juice, stock and capers. Return to stove
and bring to boil, scraping up brown bits from the pan for extra
flavor. Check for seasoning. Return all the chicken to the pan and
simmer for 5 minutes. Remove chicken to platter. Add remaining to
tablespoons butter to sauce and whisk vigorously. Pour sauce over
chicken and garnish with parsley.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/24/2013 1:19 PM, Janet Bostwick wrote:
> I thought I would share the recipe that I find simple and like best.
>
> Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentis

It's my favorite recipe, too.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 15:04:15 -0500, Nancy Young
> wrote:

>On 2/24/2013 1:19 PM, Janet Bostwick wrote:
>> I thought I would share the recipe that I find simple and like best.
>>
>> Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentis

>It's my favorite recipe, too.
>
>nancy

I use several of her recipes. I probably wouldn't ever make one of
her sweets recipes -- she puts a ton of cinnamon in everything. For
me, cinnamon is an accent to bolster the main flavor, not the flavor
of the dish.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/24/2013 3:50 PM, Janet Bostwick wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 15:04:15 -0500, Nancy Young
> > wrote:
>
>> On 2/24/2013 1:19 PM, Janet Bostwick wrote:
>>> I thought I would share the recipe that I find simple and like best.
>>>
>>> Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentis

>> It's my favorite recipe, too.
>>
>> nancy

> I use several of her recipes. I probably wouldn't ever make one of
> her sweets recipes -- she puts a ton of cinnamon in everything. For
> me, cinnamon is an accent to bolster the main flavor, not the flavor
> of the dish.
> Janet US

The lady's name puts me off. I keep thinking of the stomach bug Giardia :-)

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not" in Reply To.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 24/02/2013 4:04 PM, James Silverton wrote:

>> I use several of her recipes. I probably wouldn't ever make one of
>> her sweets recipes -- she puts a ton of cinnamon in everything. For
>> me, cinnamon is an accent to bolster the main flavor, not the flavor
>> of the dish.
>> Janet US
>>

> The lady's name puts me off. I keep thinking of the stomach bug Giardia :-)

It's not a fun disease. My son had it once. He got it from his pet rat.
He survived but the rat did not. It is a reportable disease and we got
a call from the public health department about it. There has has been a
number of cases of it recently in a town about 15 miles from here. All
the cases were traces to a hotel pool.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 16:04:01 -0500, James Silverton
> wrote:

> On 2/24/2013 3:50 PM, Janet Bostwick wrote:
> > On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 15:04:15 -0500, Nancy Young
> > > wrote:

> >> It's my favorite recipe, too.
> >>
> >> nancy

> > I use several of her recipes. I probably wouldn't ever make one of
> > her sweets recipes -- she puts a ton of cinnamon in everything. For
> > me, cinnamon is an accent to bolster the main flavor, not the flavor
> > of the dish.
> > Janet US
> >

> The lady's name puts me off. I keep thinking of the stomach bug Giardia :-)

I think Giada is Italian for Jade.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

James Silverton wrote:
>Janet Bostwick wrote:
>> Nancy Young wrote:

>>> It's my favorite recipe, too.

>> I use several of her recipes. I probably wouldn't ever make one of
>> her sweets recipes -- she puts a ton of cinnamon in everything. For
>> me, cinnamon is an accent to bolster the main flavor, not the flavor
>> of the dish.
>>

>The lady's name puts me off. I keep thinking of the stomach bug Giardia :-)

Try thinking of this, click on the necklace:
http://quarrylanefarms.files.wordpre..._123_349lo.jpg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 16:49:07 -0500, Brooklyn1
> wrote:

>James Silverton wrote:
>>Janet Bostwick wrote:

>>> I use several of her recipes. I probably wouldn't ever make one of
>>> her sweets recipes -- she puts a ton of cinnamon in everything. For
>>> me, cinnamon is an accent to bolster the main flavor, not the flavor
>>> of the dish.
>>>

>>The lady's name puts me off. I keep thinking of the stomach bug Giardia :-)

>Try thinking of this, click on the necklace:
>http://quarrylanefarms.files.wordpre..._123_349lo.jpg

If I had a figure like that I would be very happy. If you've got it,
show it off.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Janet Bostwick > wrote:

> I thought I would share the recipe that I find simple and like best.
>
> Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentis

(particulars snipped)
> Janet US

Janet! Your post put the idea in my head but I confess to ignoring the
particulars, the recipe. I went looking for a recipe and hit on the
same one. I looked at about three or four and decided that the Giada De
Laurentis recipe looked easy and fairly uncomplicated. It is the one I
made, though I did add a couple small cloves of garlic, minced.

Thank you for planting the idea!
--
Barb,
http://www.barbschaller.com, as of February 10, 2013.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 08:08:02 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Janet Bostwick > wrote:
>
>> I thought I would share the recipe that I find simple and like best.
>>
>> Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentis

>(particulars snipped)
>> Janet US

>Janet! Your post put the idea in my head but I confess to ignoring the
>particulars, the recipe. I went looking for a recipe and hit on the
>same one. I looked at about three or four and decided that the Giada De
>Laurentis recipe looked easy and fairly uncomplicated. It is the one I
>made, though I did add a couple small cloves of garlic, minced.
>
>Thank you for planting the idea!

You're welcome. I made it the other night. Time to move out of the
realm of chicken into another protein. Through no fault of mine, we
had chicken for 3 or 4 meals.
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 07:48:45 -0700, Janet Bostwick
> wrote:

> Time to move out of the
> realm of chicken into another protein. Through no fault of mine, we
> had chicken for 3 or 4 meals.

Not sure about 4 times a week, but I love chicken. I realized a few
days ago that I feel about it the way some people feel about beef and
if I don't have it for the better part of a week, I "miss" it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 27/02/2013 10:08 AM, sf wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 07:48:45 -0700, Janet Bostwick
> > wrote:
>
>> Time to move out of the
>> realm of chicken into another protein. Through no fault of mine, we
>> had chicken for 3 or 4 meals.

> Not sure about 4 times a week, but I love chicken. I realized a few
> days ago that I feel about it the way some people feel about beef and
> if I don't have it for the better part of a week, I "miss" it.

I have chicken 3-4 times a week. I love it. We had roasted chicken on
Sunday night. Leftover chicken on Monday night. Last night we had baked
chicken legs. I could go for chicken again tonight.

Chicken Piccata tkharris Recipes 1 13-01-2008 10:24 AM
Chicken Piccata Kathy[_2_] Recipes (moderated) 0 01-08-2007 10:08 PM
REC: Chicken Piccata Pete Romfh Diabetic 21 16-02-2006 05:54 PM
CHICKEN PICCATA Tim Recipes 0 14-08-2005 04:24 PM
Chicken Piccata Gladys Dinletir Recipes (moderated) 0 23-01-2005 03:22 AM