Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I took a food picture

LOL Just for grins. I cooked a late breakfast. I wanted something
quick and easy to prepare before I went to the grocery store. (It's
never a good idea to shop when you're hungry.) It doesn't look like
much but it was very tasty.

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0b5c8b51.jpg

or

http://tinyurl.com/arz8wgc

I shredded a little sharp cheddar cheese (about 3 Tbs.). I melted a
tablespoon or so of butter in a small skillet and let it get hot. Added
one slice of whole wheat bread and let it brown over med-high heat.
Meanwhile I cracked two eggs, added a splash of milk, some pepper and
half the cheddar. I added a a few shakes of Penzey's Fines Herbes blend
(no salt) and whisked it all together. I turned the slice of bread to
toast the other side. After a minute I poured over the egg/cheese
mixture. As the eggs cooked I sprinkled the remaining cheddar over the
top. When the eggs were fairly well set but still moist and the toast
was nicely done on the other side, I slid the whole shebang onto a small
plate. I guess I'll just call it egg & cheese toast. Oh, and served
with a glass of cold milk

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 19, 2:00*pm, jmcquown > wrote:
> LOL *Just for grins. *I cooked a late breakfast. *I wanted something
> quick and easy to prepare before I went to the grocery store. *(It's
> never a good idea to shop when you're hungry.) *It doesn't look like
> much but it was very tasty.
>
> http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/...ick-breakfast_...
>
> or
>
> http://tinyurl.com/arz8wgc
>
> I shredded a little sharp cheddar cheese (about 3 Tbs.). *I melted a
> tablespoon or so of butter in a small skillet and let it get hot. *Added
> one slice of whole wheat bread and let it brown over med-high heat.
> Meanwhile I cracked two eggs, added a splash of milk, some pepper and
> half the cheddar. *I added a a few shakes of Penzey's Fines Herbes blend
> (no salt) and whisked it all together. *I turned the slice of bread to
> toast the other side. *After a minute I poured over the egg/cheese
> mixture. *As the eggs cooked I sprinkled the remaining cheddar over the
> top. *When the eggs were fairly well set but still moist and the toast
> was nicely done on the other side, I slid the whole shebang onto a small
> plate. *I guess I'll just call it egg & cheese toast. *Oh, and served
> with a glass of cold milk
>
> Jill

Links do not work.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chemo wrote:
> On Feb 19, 2:00 pm, jmcquown > wrote:
>> LOL Just for grins. I cooked a late breakfast. I wanted something
>> quick and easy to prepare before I went to the grocery store. (It's
>> never a good idea to shop when you're hungry.) It doesn't look like
>> much but it was very tasty.
>>
>> http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/...ick-breakfast_...
>>
>> or
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/arz8wgc
>>
>> I shredded a little sharp cheddar cheese (about 3 Tbs.). I melted a
>> tablespoon or so of butter in a small skillet and let it get hot.
>> Added one slice of whole wheat bread and let it brown over med-high
>> heat. Meanwhile I cracked two eggs, added a splash of milk, some
>> pepper and half the cheddar. I added a a few shakes of Penzey's
>> Fines Herbes blend (no salt) and whisked it all together. I turned
>> the slice of bread to toast the other side. After a minute I poured
>> over the egg/cheese mixture. As the eggs cooked I sprinkled the
>> remaining cheddar over the top. When the eggs were fairly well set
>> but still moist and the toast was nicely done on the other side, I
>> slid the whole shebang onto a small plate. I guess I'll just call it
>> egg & cheese toast. Oh, and served with a glass of cold milk
>>
>> Jill

> Links do not work.

Yes they do!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, February 19, 2013 5:00:02 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:
> LOL Just for grins. I cooked a late breakfast. I wanted something
>
> quick and easy to prepare before I went to the grocery store. (It's
>
> never a good idea to shop when you're hungry.) It doesn't look like
>
> much but it was very tasty.
>

> http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0b5c8b51.jpg
>

> or
>

> http://tinyurl.com/arz8wgc
>

> I shredded a little sharp cheddar cheese (about 3 Tbs.). I melted a
>
> tablespoon or so of butter in a small skillet and let it get hot. Added
>
> one slice of whole wheat bread and let it brown over med-high heat.
>
> Meanwhile I cracked two eggs, added a splash of milk, some pepper and
>
> half the cheddar. I added a a few shakes of Penzey's Fines Herbes blend
>
> (no salt) and whisked it all together. I turned the slice of bread to
>
> toast the other side. After a minute I poured over the egg/cheese
>
> mixture. As the eggs cooked I sprinkled the remaining cheddar over the
>
> top. When the eggs were fairly well set but still moist and the toast
>
> was nicely done on the other side, I slid the whole shebang onto a small
>
> plate. I guess I'll just call it egg & cheese toast. Oh, and served
>
> with a glass of cold milk
>

> Jill

Where's the picture of it before you puked it back up?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Chemo > wrote:

> On Feb 19, 2:00*pm, jmcquown > wrote:

> > http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/...ick-breakfast_...
> >
> > or
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/arz8wgc

> Links do not work.

The tinyurl one works for me.

leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 15:12:49 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> Chemo wrote:
> > On Feb 19, 2:00 pm, jmcquown > wrote:
> >> LOL Just for grins. I cooked a late breakfast. I wanted something
> >> quick and easy to prepare before I went to the grocery store. (It's
> >> never a good idea to shop when you're hungry.) It doesn't look like
> >> much but it was very tasty.
> >>
> >> http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/...ick-breakfast_...
> >>
> >> or
> >>
> >> http://tinyurl.com/arz8wgc
> >>
> >> I shredded a little sharp cheddar cheese (about 3 Tbs.). I melted a
> >> tablespoon or so of butter in a small skillet and let it get hot.
> >> Added one slice of whole wheat bread and let it brown over med-high
> >> heat. Meanwhile I cracked two eggs, added a splash of milk, some
> >> pepper and half the cheddar. I added a a few shakes of Penzey's
> >> Fines Herbes blend (no salt) and whisked it all together. I turned
> >> the slice of bread to toast the other side. After a minute I poured
> >> over the egg/cheese mixture. As the eggs cooked I sprinkled the
> >> remaining cheddar over the top. When the eggs were fairly well set
> >> but still moist and the toast was nicely done on the other side, I
> >> slid the whole shebang onto a small plate. I guess I'll just call it
> >> egg & cheese toast. Oh, and served with a glass of cold milk
> >>
> >> Jill

> > Links do not work.

> Yes they do!

They worked for me too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Chemo > wrote:

> On Feb 19, 2:00*pm, jmcquown > wrote:

> > http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/...ick-breakfast_...
> >
> > or
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/arz8wgc

> Links do not work.

Apologies to Jill, both links from her original post work for me. The
top link I quoted ends with ... and won't work anywhere. But that's my
error.

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
says...

> In article
> >,
> Chemo > wrote:
>
> > On Feb 19, 2:00*pm, jmcquown > wrote:

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/...ick-breakfast_...

> > > or
> > >
> > > http://tinyurl.com/arz8wgc

> > Links do not work.

> The tinyurl one works for me.

Me too. Love your teacups collection btw

Janet UK
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 19, 3:24*pm, Leonard Blaisdell >
wrote:
> In article
> >,
>
> *Chemo > wrote:
> > On Feb 19, 2:00*pm, jmcquown > wrote:
> > >http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/...ick-breakfast_....

> > > or

> > >http://tinyurl.com/arz8wgc

> > Links do not work.

> The tinyurl one works for me.
>
> leo

I keep getting an error page saying server not found.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, February 19, 2013 6:56:13 PM UTC-5, Janet wrote:
> In article >,
>
> says...
>

> > In article

> > >,

> > Chemo > wrote:

> > > On Feb 19, 2:00*pm, jmcquown > wrote:

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/...ick-breakfast_...

> > > Links do not work.

> > The tinyurl one works for me.

> Me too. Love your teacups collection btw
>

> Janet UK

You'll all notice nobody wants to comment on the pile of vomit she took a picture of.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 19, 3:28*pm, Leonard Blaisdell >
wrote:
> In article
> >,
>
> *Chemo > wrote:
> > On Feb 19, 2:00*pm, jmcquown > wrote:
> > >http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/...ick-breakfast_....

> > > or

> > >http://tinyurl.com/arz8wgc

> > Links do not work.

> Apologies to Jill, both links from her original post work for me. The
> top link I quoted ends with ... and won't work anywhere. But that's my
> error.
>
> leo

this is the page I get when clicking the first link:
http://beta.photobucket.com/browse?h...romLegacy=true
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chemo > wrote in news:f8261e62-9709-4c68-b5c6-
:

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/...ick-breakfast_...

>> or
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/arz8wgc

> Links do not work.

The tinyurl does..... and BLECH!!

Looks like the surounding stove top hasn't been cleaned in a couple of
weeks....... lots of dried on fat/food splatter.

--
Peter
Brisbane

Success isn't so difficult.
Just bite off more than you can chew,
then go do it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 14:45:22 -0800 (PST), Chemo
> wrote:

>On Feb 19, 2:00*pm, jmcquown > wrote:
>> LOL *Just for grins. *I cooked a late breakfast. *I wanted something
>> quick and easy to prepare before I went to the grocery store. *(It's
>> never a good idea to shop when you're hungry.) *It doesn't look like
>> much but it was very tasty.
>>
>> http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/...ick-breakfast_...
>>
>> or
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/arz8wgc
>>
>> I shredded a little sharp cheddar cheese (about 3 Tbs.). *I melted a
>> tablespoon or so of butter in a small skillet and let it get hot. *Added
>> one slice of whole wheat bread and let it brown over med-high heat.
>> Meanwhile I cracked two eggs, added a splash of milk, some pepper and
>> half the cheddar. *I added a a few shakes of Penzey's Fines Herbes blend
>> (no salt) and whisked it all together. *I turned the slice of bread to
>> toast the other side. *After a minute I poured over the egg/cheese
>> mixture. *As the eggs cooked I sprinkled the remaining cheddar over the
>> top. *When the eggs were fairly well set but still moist and the toast
>> was nicely done on the other side, I slid the whole shebang onto a small
>> plate. *I guess I'll just call it egg & cheese toast. *Oh, and served
>> with a glass of cold milk

>Links do not work.

Worked for me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 17:00:02 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>LOL Just for grins. I cooked a late breakfast. I wanted something
>quick and easy to prepare before I went to the grocery store. (It's
>never a good idea to shop when you're hungry.) It doesn't look like
>much but it was very tasty.
>
>http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0b5c8b51.jpg
>
>or
>
>http://tinyurl.com/arz8wgc
>
>I shredded a little sharp cheddar cheese (about 3 Tbs.). I melted a
>tablespoon or so of butter in a small skillet and let it get hot. Added
>one slice of whole wheat bread and let it brown over med-high heat.
>Meanwhile I cracked two eggs, added a splash of milk, some pepper and
>half the cheddar. I added a a few shakes of Penzey's Fines Herbes blend
>(no salt) and whisked it all together. I turned the slice of bread to
>toast the other side. After a minute I poured over the egg/cheese
>mixture. As the eggs cooked I sprinkled the remaining cheddar over the
>top. When the eggs were fairly well set but still moist and the toast
>was nicely done on the other side, I slid the whole shebang onto a small
>plate. I guess I'll just call it egg & cheese toast. Oh, and served
>with a glass of cold milk

Looks good, I had plain old poached eggs on toast, with fresh chopped
parsley this morning.

Nice kitty cat pics as well.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> LOL *Just for grins. *I cooked a late breakfast. *I wanted something
> quick and easy to prepare before I went to the grocery store. *(It's
> never a good idea to shop when you're hungry.) *It doesn't look like
> much but it was very tasty.
>
> http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/...ick-breakfast_...
>
> or
>
> http://tinyurl.com/arz8wgc
>
> I shredded a little sharp cheddar cheese (about 3 Tbs.). *I melted a
> tablespoon or so of butter in a small skillet and let it get hot. *Added
> one slice of whole wheat bread and let it brown over med-high heat.
> Meanwhile I cracked two eggs, added a splash of milk, some pepper and
> half the cheddar. *I added a a few shakes of Penzey's Fines Herbes blend
> (no salt) and whisked it all together. *I turned the slice of bread to
> toast the other side. *After a minute I poured over the egg/cheese
> mixture. *As the eggs cooked I sprinkled the remaining cheddar over the
> top. *When the eggs were fairly well set but still moist and the toast
> was nicely done on the other side, I slid the whole shebang onto a small
> plate. *I guess I'll just call it egg & cheese toast. *Oh, and served
> with a glass of cold milk

Looks like it would be very tasty. I assume it still needs to be
fliped to cook on the other side. Next time perhaps after pan
toasting use a cookie cutter to cut a hole in the bread and fill the
hole with the egg mixture. Then wrap each toasted bread round to wrap
around a breakfast sausage. Personally I would have soaked each slice
of bread in the egg mixture... voila... Freedom Toast!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 16:01:27 -0800 (PST), Chemo
> wrote:

> On Feb 19, 3:24*pm, Leonard Blaisdell >
> wrote:
> > In article
> > >,
> >
> > *Chemo > wrote:

> > > Links do not work.

> > The tinyurl one works for me.
> >
> > leo

> I keep getting an error page saying server not found.

With both?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 16:02:31 -0800 (PST), Chemo
> wrote:

> On Feb 19, 3:28*pm, Leonard Blaisdell >
> wrote:
> > In article
> > >,
> >
> > *Chemo > wrote:

> > > Links do not work.

> > Apologies to Jill, both links from her original post work for me. The
> > top link I quoted ends with ... and won't work anywhere. But that's my
> > error.
> >
> > leo

> this is the page I get when clicking the first link:
> http://beta.photobucket.com/browse?h...romLegacy=true

Hm. What happens when you plug the link in after that?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> LOL Just for grins. I cooked a late breakfast. I wanted something quick
> and easy to prepare before I went to the grocery store. (It's never a
> good idea to shop when you're hungry.) It doesn't look like much but it
> was very tasty.
>
> http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0b5c8b51.jpg
>
> or
>
> http://tinyurl.com/arz8wgc
>
> I shredded a little sharp cheddar cheese (about 3 Tbs.). I melted a
> tablespoon or so of butter in a small skillet and let it get hot. Added
> one slice of whole wheat bread and let it brown over med-high heat.
> Meanwhile I cracked two eggs, added a splash of milk, some pepper and half
> the cheddar. I added a a few shakes of Penzey's Fines Herbes blend (no
> salt) and whisked it all together. I turned the slice of bread to toast
> the other side. After a minute I poured over the egg/cheese mixture. As
> the eggs cooked I sprinkled the remaining cheddar over the top. When the
> eggs were fairly well set but still moist and the toast was nicely done on
> the other side, I slid the whole shebang onto a small plate. I guess I'll
> just call it egg & cheese toast. Oh, and served with a glass of cold milk
>

> Jill

not only does the food look tasty, i like the well used fry pan

:-)

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-02-19, Janet > wrote:

> Me too. Love your teacups collection btw

I recognize the cigarette dispenser. My grandparents had one, but it
nowhere near as ornate as yours.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/20/2013 3:34 AM, notbob wrote:
> On 2013-02-19, Janet > wrote:
>
>> Me too. Love your teacups collection btw

> I recognize the cigarette dispenser. My grandparents had one, but it
> nowhere near as ornate as yours.
>
> nb

LOL I sold that musical cigarette box. It was just taking up room in a
cabinet.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/19/2013 6:56 PM, Janet wrote:
> In article >,
> says...
>>
>> In article
>> >,
>> Chemo > wrote:
>>
>>> On Feb 19, 2:00 pm, jmcquown > wrote:

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/...ick-breakfast_...

>>> Links do not work.

>> The tinyurl one works for me.

> Me too. Love your teacups collection btw
>
> Janet UK

Thanks! My grandmother collected them. There are many more than those
packed away in a box.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/19/2013 9:18 PM, sf wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 16:02:31 -0800 (PST), Chemo
> > wrote:
>
>> On Feb 19, 3:28 pm, Leonard Blaisdell >
>> wrote:
>>> In article

>>> Apologies to Jill, both links from her original post work for me. The
>>> top link I quoted ends with ... and won't work anywhere. But that's my
>>> error.
>>>
>>> leo

>> this is the page I get when clicking the first link:
>> http://beta.photobucket.com/browse?h...romLegacy=true

> Hm. What happens when you plug the link in after that?

My apologies if somehow the original link got screwed up. No one should
have to work that hard to see it. They are apparently beta testing some
new version of photobucket so I'm going to blame it on them

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/19/2013 8:13 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> LOL Just for grins. I cooked a late breakfast. I wanted something
>> quick and easy to prepare before I went to the grocery store. (It's
>> never a good idea to shop when you're hungry.) It doesn't look like
>> much but it was very tasty.
>>
>> http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/...ick-breakfast_...
>>
>> or
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/arz8wgc
>>
>> I shredded a little sharp cheddar cheese (about 3 Tbs.). I melted a
>> tablespoon or so of butter in a small skillet and let it get hot. Added
>> one slice of whole wheat bread and let it brown over med-high heat.
>> Meanwhile I cracked two eggs, added a splash of milk, some pepper and
>> half the cheddar. I added a a few shakes of Penzey's Fines Herbes blend
>> (no salt) and whisked it all together. I turned the slice of bread to
>> toast the other side. After a minute I poured over the egg/cheese
>> mixture. As the eggs cooked I sprinkled the remaining cheddar over the
>> top. When the eggs were fairly well set but still moist and the toast
>> was nicely done on the other side, I slid the whole shebang onto a small
>> plate. I guess I'll just call it egg & cheese toast. Oh, and served
>> with a glass of cold milk

> Looks like it would be very tasty. I assume it still needs to be
> fliped to cook on the other side. Next time perhaps after pan
> toasting use a cookie cutter to cut a hole in the bread and fill the
> hole with the egg mixture. Then wrap each toasted bread round to wrap
> around a breakfast sausage. Personally I would have soaked each slice
> of bread in the egg mixture... voila... Freedom Toast!

I didn't flip it... it wasn't finished cooking when I snapped the pic.
I let it cook longer until the eggs were set but not hard.

I've used a doughnut cutter to do the hole in the bread with egg thing
in the past. I like it, but I wanted two eggs and didn't want two
pieces of toast. I didn't have any breakfast sausage

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/19/2013 7:58 PM, Jeßus wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 17:00:02 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> LOL Just for grins. I cooked a late breakfast. I wanted something
>> quick and easy to prepare before I went to the grocery store. (It's
>> never a good idea to shop when you're hungry.) It doesn't look like
>> much but it was very tasty.
>>
>> http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0b5c8b51.jpg
>>
>> or
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/arz8wgc
>>
>> I shredded a little sharp cheddar cheese (about 3 Tbs.). I melted a
>> tablespoon or so of butter in a small skillet and let it get hot. Added
>> one slice of whole wheat bread and let it brown over med-high heat.
>> Meanwhile I cracked two eggs, added a splash of milk, some pepper and
>> half the cheddar. I added a a few shakes of Penzey's Fines Herbes blend
>> (no salt) and whisked it all together. I turned the slice of bread to
>> toast the other side. After a minute I poured over the egg/cheese
>> mixture. As the eggs cooked I sprinkled the remaining cheddar over the
>> top. When the eggs were fairly well set but still moist and the toast
>> was nicely done on the other side, I slid the whole shebang onto a small
>> plate. I guess I'll just call it egg & cheese toast. Oh, and served
>> with a glass of cold milk

> Looks good, I had plain old poached eggs on toast, with fresh chopped
> parsley this morning.
>
> Nice kitty cat pics as well.

Thank you, that's Persia

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
says...

> On 2/19/2013 6:56 PM, Janet wrote:
> > In article >,

says...

> >> In article

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/...ick-breakfast_...

> >> The tinyurl one works for me.

> > Me too. Love your teacups collection btw
> >
> > Janet UK
> >

> Thanks! My grandmother collected them. There are many more than those
> packed away in a box.

Was that her linen table cloth too?

I have a lot of old china, especially teacup/saucer sets, and old
hand-embroidered table linen, (which we use) . I acquired them over
decades for pennies back when jumblesales and charity shops could
hardly give them away. These days they are so popular and sought after
they are probably sold on ebay instead :-(

Janet UK

Posted to rec.food.cooking

http://tinyurl.com/arz8wgc

>>> Me too. Love your teacups collection btw
>>>
>>> Janet UK
>>>

>> Thanks! My grandmother collected them. There are many more than those
>> packed away in a box.
>>

> Was that her linen table cloth too?

Yes. Mom inherited a number of table cloths in different sizes. The
round mahogany table the teacups are sitting on also belonged to her
mother. It's leather-topped. Grandma also collected Royal Doulton
figurines. I'll have to take some pics.

My mother loved the Doultons! I remember when grandma gave her the
first one, must have been 1969. A ballerina. Later, when I was a
teenager, every year just around my mother's birthday my Dad would
suggest he and I go shopping. We'd go to a jewelry store (the only
place to get them) so I could help him pick out a new Doulton lady for
her.

> I have a lot of old china, especially teacup/saucer sets, and old
> hand-embroidered table linen, (which we use) . I acquired them over
> decades for pennies back when jumblesales and charity shops could
> hardly give them away. These days they are so popular and sought after
> they are probably sold on ebay instead :-(
>
> Janet UK

Most likely the case ebay. Great for a collector, not so much for a
seller. Not that I'm selling any of these. They're too pretty! And
I'm a bit sentimental. The gold teacup in the front is one my
grandfather found to give to grandma on their GOLDEN anniversary

Jill