Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth
Default Paul Muret's Tater Soup

This is one on my favorite soups. Sure the food snobs wont like the Velvetter ration but..so sorry. lol Use some other meltable cheese which tickles your fancy. Land o Lakes Sharp American Extra Melt would work super good for those who can find it.
>Paul Muret said this one time.

Here is a fave of mine, cooked up a batch last night.

Peel about 4-5 lbs of taters and cube
start em boiling
While they are boiling, cut about 7-8 thick slices of bacon in 1 inch
squares and start em frying in another pan.
cut up a medium yellow onion and dice, when bacon gets about 2/3 done,
throw in the onion to saute with the bacon
remove taters from heat when finished boiling. drain water.
remove bacon/onions and drain off grease
dump the onions and bacon in to the tater pan, add a can of corn, and about
3/4 of a stick of velveeta(cut up). put back on stove over low heat and add
milk to thin up, probably about 3 cups, maybe more i just do it by eye.
about 10 minutes on low heat and its ready, salt and pepper to taste.

this is one good soup, you should try it if you can............

________________________
Paul F. Muret
http://home.att.net/~muret

*PS..Also think it would profit from a can of chopped Green Chiles. Works well with brown n serve breakfast sausage for them who cant afford bacon. Chicken stock also subs out great most of the milk up to about 50%
________________________
Edit/Delete Message

Last edited by bigwheel : 18-02-2013 at 06:21 PM
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jay > wrote in :

> In article >,
> bigwheel > wrote:
>
>> This is one on my favorite soups. Sure the food snobs wont like the
>> Velvetter ration but..so sorry. lol Use some other meltable cheese

which
>> tickles your fancy. Land o Lakes Sharp American Extra Melt would work
>> super good for those who can find it.
>> >Paul Muret said this one time.

>> Here is a fave of mine, cooked up a batch last night.
>>
>> Peel about 4-5 lbs of taters and cube
>> start em boiling
>> While they are boiling, cut about 7-8 thick slices of bacon in 1 inch
>> squares and start em frying in another pan.
>> cut up a medium yellow onion and dice, when bacon gets about 2/3 done,
>> throw in the onion to saute with the bacon
>> remove taters from heat when finished boiling. drain water.
>> remove bacon/onions and drain off grease
>> dump the onions and bacon in to the tater pan, add a can of corn, and
>> about
>> 3/4 of a stick of velveeta(cut up). put back on stove over low heat

and
>> add
>> milk to thin up, probably about 3 cups, maybe more i just do it by

eye.
>> about 10 minutes on low heat and its ready, salt and pepper to taste.
>>
>> this is one good soup, you should try it if you can............
>>
>> ________________________
>> Paul F. Muret
>> http://home.att.net/~muret
>>
>> *PS..Also think it would profit from a can of chopped Green Chiles.
>> Works well with brown n serve breakfast sausage for them who cant

afford
>> bacon. Chicken stock also subs out great most of the milk up to about
>> 50%
>> ________________________
>> Edit/Delete Message

> There's no doubt that this would taste good. Reminds me of the days of
> velveeta and rotel dip.. good but deadly. I still like the stuff but

my
> left hand slaps the right one every time it reaches for the velveeta.
>
> jay

I like Velveeta in bean burritos with sliced chicken. But that's about
all. Otherwise I eat sharp cheddar.

Tater Tip brooklyn1 General Cooking 5 23-06-2010 07:08 PM
Chuck's Tater Soup Jessica, Dunlap, Iowa Recipes (moderated) 0 11-09-2006 11:25 PM
Tater Tot Roll-Ups Recipes (moderated) 0 03-08-2005 04:58 AM