FoodBanter.com

-   -   Nice Dinner Last Night 2/16/2013 (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/422865-nice-dinner-last-night.html)

jmcquown[_2_] 17-02-2013 05:31 PM

Nice Dinner Last Night 2/16/2013

No, I didn't cook it. I'm sure I could if I wanted to but I didn't. I
ordered it at the club. I had a glass of chardonnay while waiting for
dinner.

Seafood Linguini

Scallops, shrimp and crabmeat with linguini tossed in basil-garlic
pesto. Oh, and it was topped with freshly grated Parmesan. (Waiting for
Sheldon to proclaim no cheese with seafood.)

It was very tasty! The pesto was very nice. Not too garlicky. IOW it
didn't overpower the seafood, it accented it. The nice sweet taste of
the scallops still shone through. And the seafood was cooked to
perfection. Nothing was overcooked or "rubbery", which is really easy
to do when you're cooking this sort of thing.

Jill

sf[_9_] 17-02-2013 08:18 PM

Nice Dinner Last Night 2/16/2013

On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 11:31:31 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

> No, I didn't cook it. I'm sure I could if I wanted to but I didn't. I
> ordered it at the club. I had a glass of chardonnay while waiting for
> dinner.
>
> Seafood Linguini
>
> Scallops, shrimp and crabmeat with linguini tossed in basil-garlic
> pesto. Oh, and it was topped with freshly grated Parmesan. (Waiting for
> Sheldon to proclaim no cheese with seafood.)
>
> It was very tasty! The pesto was very nice. Not too garlicky. IOW it
> didn't overpower the seafood, it accented it. The nice sweet taste of
> the scallops still shone through. And the seafood was cooked to
> perfection. Nothing was overcooked or "rubbery", which is really easy
> to do when you're cooking this sort of thing.

Glad to hear they can do something right for a change. Heh! Also
*very* glad you're finally getting your money's worth out of it. :)

brooklyn1 17-02-2013 11:19 PM

wrote:

>No, I didn't cook it. I'm sure I could if I wanted to but I didn't.
>I ordered it at the club.
>
>Seafood Linguini
>
>Scallops, shrimp and crabmeat with linguini tossed in basil-garlic
>pesto. Oh, and it was topped with freshly grated Parmesan. (Waiting for
>Sheldon to proclaim no cheese with seafood.)

Cheese was bad enough but crab is too fishy to accompany scallops and
shrimp, and basil obliterates the mild flavor of scallop and shrimp.
But all was fine served on them redneck kaiser rolls! LOL

[email protected] 18-02-2013 02:42 AM

wrote:

>No, I didn't cook it. I'm sure I could if I wanted to but I didn't. I
>ordered it at the club. I had a glass of chardonnay while waiting for
>dinner.
>
>Seafood Linguini
>
>Scallops, shrimp and crabmeat with linguini tossed in basil-garlic
>pesto. Oh, and it was topped with freshly grated Parmesan. (Waiting for
>Sheldon to proclaim no cheese with seafood.)
>
>It was very tasty! The pesto was very nice. Not too garlicky. IOW it
>didn't overpower the seafood, it accented it. The nice sweet taste of
>the scallops still shone through. And the seafood was cooked to
>perfection. Nothing was overcooked or "rubbery", which is really easy
>to do when you're cooking this sort of thing.
>
>Jill

That sounds wonderful.

koko
James Beard

www.kokoscornerblog.com

jmcquown[_2_] 18-02-2013 02:34 PM

On 2/17/2013 2:18 PM, sf wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 11:31:31 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> No, I didn't cook it. I'm sure I could if I wanted to but I didn't. I
>> ordered it at the club. I had a glass of chardonnay while waiting for
>> dinner.
>>
>> Seafood Linguini
>>
>> It was very tasty! The pesto was very nice. Not too garlicky. IOW it
>> didn't overpower the seafood, it accented it. The nice sweet taste of
>> the scallops still shone through. And the seafood was cooked to
>> perfection. Nothing was overcooked or "rubbery", which is really easy
>> to do when you're cooking this sort of thing.
>>

> Glad to hear they can do something right for a change. Heh! Also
> *very* glad you're finally getting your money's worth out of it. :)

They do make something good from time to time and I'm sure they'll do it
again :) It was very tasty. I noticed they've implemented adding the
gratuity (service charge) to the guest check, even for just one person.
(I have no problem with that.) One of the servers alluded (obliquely)
some of the fat-cats [my term] are notorious for not tipping.

Jill