Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Martha Cooking School

On Feb 16, 3:09*pm, bigwheel >
wrote:
> Glad to hear she got sprung from the slammer. I didnt know she cooked. I
> only saw the arts and craft part of the show apparently.
>
> A Moose in Love;1814014 Wrote:
>
> > I think she's the cat's meow. *Today, on PBS, she did a show on eggs.
> > Soft boiled, hard boiled, fritatta, scrambled, and fried. *No poached
> > eggs though. *She really knows what she's doing. *Eggs are simple, but
> > to do them perfect takes some work.

> --
> bigwheel

She's got a number of very successful cookbooks published, along with
an extensive collection at her website - free for the using or
printing. I have used many of her recipes and all have been very
successful.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 16, 9:43*pm, Janet Bostwick > wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Feb 2013 19:04:56 -0800 (PST), "
>
> > wrote:
>
> >On Feb 16, 2:43*pm, (z z) wrote:

> >> I love the kitchen on that show with the great natural light
> >> flooding in.

> >That is a set, an expensive one and that is not natural sunlight nor a
> >real pastoral scene out the window.

> snip
> Are you talking about her kitchen that was transported exactly to a
> museum?
> Janet US

That was Julia Child's own kitchen that is in the Smithsonian.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 17, 2:51*am, "
> wrote:
> On Feb 16, 9:43*pm, Janet Bostwick > wrote:
>

> > On Sat, 16 Feb 2013 19:04:56 -0800 (PST), "

> > > wrote:

> > >That is a set, an expensive one and that is not natural sunlight nor a
> > >real pastoral scene out the window.

> > snip
> > Are you talking about her kitchen that was transported exactly to a
> > museum?
> > Janet US

> I knew Julia Child's kitchen was transported intact to the
> Smithsonian, if I remember the name correctly, but I didn't know
> Martha had anything snapped up by a museum.

She didn't.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Bostwick > wrote:

-snip-
>But I don't. It hurts me personally to find out that our civilized
>North America isn't. To attack a woman sexually with words, to attack
>her physical appearance, tells me that when men are losing or feel at
>a disadvantage, they fall back on the most primitive response. No
>wonder there is so much violence against women. These campaigns are
>just one step away from physical violence. These campaigns send the
>message that these attitudes toward women are o.k.
>Janet US

or towards men. . or towards folks with different complexions. . . or
a different party affiliation. . .

Politics is, and always has been a cesspool.

For the most part, politicians are pigs and it doesn't matter what
their sex, race, religion or party affiliation is.

[Same goes for today's so-called journalists. There are precious
few exceptions in either category.]

Jim
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 12:53:27 -0500, Jim Elbrecht >
wrote:

>Janet Bostwick > wrote:
>
>-snip-
>>But I don't. It hurts me personally to find out that our civilized
>>North America isn't. To attack a woman sexually with words, to attack
>>her physical appearance, tells me that when men are losing or feel at
>>a disadvantage, they fall back on the most primitive response. No
>>wonder there is so much violence against women. These campaigns are
>>just one step away from physical violence. These campaigns send the
>>message that these attitudes toward women are o.k.
>>Janet US

>or towards men. . or towards folks with different complexions. . . or
>a different party affiliation. . .
>
>Politics is, and always has been a cesspool.
>
>For the most part, politicians are pigs and it doesn't matter what
>their sex, race, religion or party affiliation is.
>
>[Same goes for today's so-called journalists. There are precious
>few exceptions in either category.]
>
>Jim

Yes, I am sickened by those as well. But the subject was women and I
limited today's sermon to that.
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/17/2013 12:30 PM, Nancy2 wrote:
> On Feb 16, 6:14 pm, Nancy Young <replyto@inemail> wrote:

>> Just think, at the same time they were tarring her over some small
>> potatoes illegal activity, Bernie Madoff was stealing millions and
>> living like a king. The SEC was too busy with Martha to worry about
>> him or the Enron guys.

> Exactly. I like watching Martha and appreciate that she shows how to
> do things perfectly, even if most of us have neither the time nor the
> money to be as obsessive as she is. Her ideas can often be adapted to
> suit any degree for talent or skill.

I did watch her BI (before incarceration) show and I did like seeing
all the projects she did. Despite what people say, she often showed
her employees doing the work, sanding furniture or whatever. I still
learned something or just enjoyed seeing what she came up with.

I don't have a problem with her, not saying I would be suited to
work for her but hey, I can say that about a lot of people.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Bostwick > wrote:

-snip-

>Yes, I am sickened by those as well. But the subject was women and I
>limited today's sermon to that

obviously you possess more self control than I seem to today.<g>

Jim
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> ...that many men prefer to deny abuse against women is rampant...

Do you have a recipe?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Is Martha Stewart Still alive?

On Sat, 16 Feb 2013 09:59:08 -0800 (PST), A Moose in Love
> wrote:

>I think she's the cat's meow. Today, on PBS, she did a show on eggs.
>Soft boiled, hard boiled, fritatta, scrambled, and fried. No poached
>eggs though. She really knows what she's doing. Eggs are simple, but
>to do them perfect takes some work.

Damn, I thought she croaked a long time ago!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 19, 10:39*pm, wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Feb 2013 09:59:08 -0800 (PST), A Moose in Love
>
> > wrote:
> >I think she's the cat's meow. *Today, on PBS, she did a show on eggs.
> >Soft boiled, hard boiled, fritatta, scrambled, and fried. *No poached
> >eggs though. *She really knows what she's doing. *Eggs are simple, but
> >to do them perfect takes some work.

> Damn, I thought she croaked a long time ago!!!

You don't watch too much tv, do you?

Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Well thanks a lot for the input. I will have to go give her site a looky. I always thought she was sorta cute in a felonious Polish housewife type way..lol. A person could tell by the un-tucked shirt she prob got a little beer belly hid out down in there somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Nancy2[_2_