Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Black Cat Popcorn?

I tried a search for this and came up with White Cat. Could that be it?

http://whitecatpopcorn.com/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>I tried a search for this and came up with White Cat. Could that be it?
>
> http://whitecatpopcorn.com/

I've tried that. It's pretty good and the jar is cute.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:
> I tried a search for this and came up with White Cat. Could that be it?
>
> http://whitecatpopcorn.com/

Ah, I think that is it, based on the look of the label.... My
daughter confirms that. I just asked her how it differs from
Arrowhead Mills. No response, but in the meantime I find myself
thinking that organic nonGMO is good, so my vote would be for
Arrowhead Mills popcorn.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:
> I tried a search for this and came up with White Cat. Could that be it?
>
> http://whitecatpopcorn.com/

Oh, daughter says White Cat popcorn is sweeter and sometimes, but
not always, fluffier.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jean B." > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:
>> I tried a search for this and came up with White Cat. Could that be it?
>>
>> http://whitecatpopcorn.com/

> Ah, I think that is it, based on the look of the label.... My daughter
> confirms that. I just asked her how it differs from Arrowhead Mills. No
> response, but in the meantime I find myself thinking that organic nonGMO
> is good, so my vote would be for Arrowhead Mills popcorn.

The White Cat is organic and GMO. I just hope that it is as good as they
claim. I ordered 4 jars from Sur La Table. Must see if I can find it
locally. Yes, we have a Sur by the Pike Place Market but that's too far for
me to go. Now what to do with the crud that I got at Costco. To think that
I actually liked that before I tried this other stuff. Hmmm...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jean B." > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:
>> I tried a search for this and came up with White Cat. Could that be it?
>>
>> http://whitecatpopcorn.com/

> Oh, daughter says White Cat popcorn is sweeter and sometimes, but not
> always, fluffier.

That is what the reviewers said online too. Thanks!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/14/2013 10:59 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Jean B." > wrote in message
>> Julie Bove wrote:
>>> I tried a search for this and came up with White Cat. Could that be it?
>>>
>>> http://whitecatpopcorn.com/

>> Ah, I think that is it, based on the look of the label.... My daughter
>> confirms that. I just asked her how it differs from Arrowhead Mills. No
>> response, but in the meantime I find myself thinking that organic nonGMO
>> is good, so my vote would be for Arrowhead Mills popcorn.

> The White Cat is organic and GMO. I just hope that it is as good as they
> claim. I ordered 4 jars from Sur La Table. Must see if I can find it
> locally. Yes, we have a Sur by the Pike Place Market but that's too far for
> me to go. Now what to do with the crud that I got at Costco. To think that
> I actually liked that before I tried this other stuff. Hmmm...

Pop the "crud" popcorn and toss it out for the birds. Or are you the
one who can't feed the birds because of rats?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Feb 2013 21:41:46 -0500, "Jean B." > wrote:

>Julie Bove wrote:
>> I tried a search for this and came up with White Cat. Could that be it?
>>
>> http://whitecatpopcorn.com/
>>

>Ah, I think that is it, based on the look of the label.... My
>daughter confirms that. I just asked her how it differs from
>Arrowhead Mills. No response, but in the meantime I find myself
>thinking that organic nonGMO is good, so my vote would be for
>Arrowhead Mills popcorn.

It's ordinary popping corn that pops better because of how it's
packaged... buy ordinary inexpensive generic popping corn and put it
into a tightly sealed glass jar with a tsp of water and store in your
fridge... properly hydrated popping corn tastes better and
pops/explodes larger amd fluffier.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 2/14/2013 10:59 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Ah, I think that is it, based on the look of the label.... My daughter
>>> confirms that. I just asked her how it differs from Arrowhead Mills.
>>> No
>>> response, but in the meantime I find myself thinking that organic nonGMO
>>> is good, so my vote would be for Arrowhead Mills popcorn.

>> The White Cat is organic and GMO. I just hope that it is as good as they
>> claim. I ordered 4 jars from Sur La Table. Must see if I can find it
>> locally. Yes, we have a Sur by the Pike Place Market but that's too far
>> for
>> me to go. Now what to do with the crud that I got at Costco. To think
>> that
>> I actually liked that before I tried this other stuff. Hmmm...
>>

> Pop the "crud" popcorn and toss it out for the birds. Or are you the one
> who can't feed the birds because of rats?

Oops! Big typo there. White Cat is *not* GMO. And you are correct. I can
not feed the birds. Not that they would eat it. Because I did try giving
them extra popcorn some years ago and they wouldn't eat it. Just made a wet
mess in the yard.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 14 Feb 2013 21:41:46 -0500, "Jean B." > wrote:
>
>>Julie Bove wrote:
>>> I tried a search for this and came up with White Cat. Could that be it?
>>>
>>> http://whitecatpopcorn.com/
>>>

>>Ah, I think that is it, based on the look of the label.... My
>>daughter confirms that. I just asked her how it differs from
>>Arrowhead Mills. No response, but in the meantime I find myself
>>thinking that organic nonGMO is good, so my vote would be for
>>Arrowhead Mills popcorn.

> It's ordinary popping corn that pops better because of how it's
> packaged... buy ordinary inexpensive generic popping corn and put it
> into a tightly sealed glass jar with a tsp of water and store in your
> fridge... properly hydrated popping corn tastes better and
> pops/explodes larger amd fluffier.

The popcorn I've been using pops just fine. The difference for me was the
*taste*! The Arrowhead Mills tasted so good I thought I was eating some new
kind of food!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 06:14:46 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
.. .

>>>Ah, I think that is it, based on the look of the label.... My
>>>daughter confirms that. I just asked her how it differs from
>>>Arrowhead Mills. No response, but in the meantime I find myself
>>>thinking that organic nonGMO is good, so my vote would be for
>>>Arrowhead Mills popcorn.

>> It's ordinary popping corn that pops better because of how it's
>> packaged... buy ordinary inexpensive generic popping corn and put it
>> into a tightly sealed glass jar with a tsp of water and store in your
>> fridge... properly hydrated popping corn tastes better and
>> pops/explodes larger amd fluffier.

>The popcorn I've been using pops just fine. The difference for me was the
>*taste*! The Arrowhead Mills tasted so good I thought I was eating some new
>kind of food!

You can't compare taste accurately unless air popped.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 06:13:45 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"jmcquown" > wrote in message

>>> The White Cat is organic and GMO. I just hope that it is as good as they
>>> claim. I ordered 4 jars from Sur La Table. Must see if I can find it
>>> locally. Yes, we have a Sur by the Pike Place Market but that's too far
>>> for
>>> me to go. Now what to do with the crud that I got at Costco. To think
>>> that
>>> I actually liked that before I tried this other stuff. Hmmm...
>>>

>> Pop the "crud" popcorn and toss it out for the birds. Or are you the one
>> who can't feed the birds because of rats?

>Oops! Big typo there. White Cat is *not* GMO. And you are correct. I can
>not feed the birds. Not that they would eat it. Because I did try giving
>them extra popcorn some years ago and they wouldn't eat it. Just made a wet
>mess in the yard.

Yours is the only yard on the planet where birds won't eat corn... I
feed birds a blend of 50/50 corn and mixed seed (I buy corn in 50lb
sacks), all gets scoffed up as fast as I put it out... I go through
some 200 pounds a month. I sometimes buy popping corn in five pound
bags, put into a smaller litter pan it's an easy method for collecting
cat urine specimens. After collecting the cat urine I rinse the corn
and toss it in the yard for the critters, all gets eaten. Birds love
popping corn.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> Pop the "crud" popcorn and toss it out for the birds. Or are you the
> one who can't feed the birds because of rats?

Julie's Cosco crud popcorn is probaby fine but if not....hey...rats need to
eat too. They're not evil either. They are actually pretty cute, imo. At
least when they are young

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 wrote:

> ...buy ordinary inexpensive generic popping corn and put it
> into a tightly sealed glass jar with a tsp of water and store in your
> fridge... properly hydrated popping corn tastes better and
> pops/explodes larger amd fluffier.

That's weird, Sheldon. I've NEVER heard of doing that. Anyone else here
agree? :-O

Gary
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> > ...buy ordinary inexpensive generic popping corn and put it
> > into a tightly sealed glass jar with a tsp of water and store in your
> > fridge... properly hydrated popping corn tastes better and
> > pops/explodes larger amd fluffier.

> That's weird, Sheldon. I've NEVER heard of doing that. Anyone else here
> agree? :-O

Unlike most of the crapola Shelley posts, this one can't be dismissed out of
hand. Let us know if it works, or if it's just another crock o' crap.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 06:13:45 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:

>>> Pop the "crud" popcorn and toss it out for the birds. Or are you the
>>> one
>>> who can't feed the birds because of rats?

>>Oops! Big typo there. White Cat is *not* GMO. And you are correct. I
>>can
>>not feed the birds. Not that they would eat it. Because I did try giving
>>them extra popcorn some years ago and they wouldn't eat it. Just made a
>>wet
>>mess in the yard.

> Yours is the only yard on the planet where birds won't eat corn... I
> feed birds a blend of 50/50 corn and mixed seed (I buy corn in 50lb
> sacks), all gets scoffed up as fast as I put it out... I go through
> some 200 pounds a month. I sometimes buy popping corn in five pound
> bags, put into a smaller litter pan it's an easy method for collecting
> cat urine specimens. After collecting the cat urine I rinse the corn
> and toss it in the yard for the critters, all gets eaten. Birds love
> popping corn.

The squirrels will eat plain corn kernels. Perhaps the larger birds do too.
But no popcorn. I tried feeding it to the ducks at Olive Garden. They
wouldn't eat it either.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 06:14:46 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> It's ordinary popping corn that pops better because of how it's
>>> packaged... buy ordinary inexpensive generic popping corn and put it
>>> into a tightly sealed glass jar with a tsp of water and store in your
>>> fridge... properly hydrated popping corn tastes better and
>>> pops/explodes larger amd fluffier.

>>The popcorn I've been using pops just fine. The difference for me was the
>>*taste*! The Arrowhead Mills tasted so good I thought I was eating some
>>new
>>kind of food!

> You can't compare taste accurately unless air popped.

Why not?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>
>> ...buy ordinary inexpensive generic popping corn and put it
>> into a tightly sealed glass jar with a tsp of water and store in your
>> fridge... properly hydrated popping corn tastes better and
>> pops/explodes larger amd fluffier.

> That's weird, Sheldon. I've NEVER heard of doing that. Anyone else here
> agree? :-O

I've heard of it. Works for old popcorn.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 15:18:07 -0500, George M. Middius
> wrote:

>Gary wrote:
>
>> > ...buy ordinary inexpensive generic popping corn and put it
>> > into a tightly sealed glass jar with a tsp of water and store in your
>> > fridge... properly hydrated popping corn tastes better and
>> > pops/explodes larger amd fluffier.

>> That's weird, Sheldon. I've NEVER heard of doing that. Anyone else here
>> agree? :-O

>Unlike most of the crapola Shelley posts, this one can't be dismissed out of
>hand. Let us know if it works, or if it's just another crock o' crap.

I learned that trick some thirty years ago from the Frug, it works.
http://www.ehow.com/facts_5183307_do...-not-pop_.html
http://www.canadianpoppingcorn.com/cornoldmaids.html

I never waste money on gourmet popping corn, I buy the least expensive
I can find in plastic bags and immediately place it in glass jars with
a couple tsps of water, screw the lid down and put it in my freezer...
the colder the kernals the better it pops. Instead of plain water
citrus peel will hydrate popping corn nicely.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 15:02:53 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>
>> ...buy ordinary inexpensive generic popping corn and put it
>> into a tightly sealed glass jar with a tsp of water and store in your
>> fridge... properly hydrated popping corn tastes better and
>> pops/explodes larger amd fluffier.

>That's weird, Sheldon. I've NEVER heard of doing that. Anyone else here
>agree? :-O

As much as I hate to agree with him, I do this time.

It is worth a try anyway-- It will overcome staleness in the popcorn.
It won't compensate completely for a bad variety of popcorn.

Jim

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 15:18:07 -0500, George M. Middius
> > wrote:

>>> That's weird, Sheldon. I've NEVER heard of doing that. Anyone else here
>>> agree? :-O

>>Unlike most of the crapola Shelley posts, this one can't be dismissed out
>>of
>>hand. Let us know if it works, or if it's just another crock o' crap.

> I learned that trick some thirty years ago from the Frug, it works.
> http://www.ehow.com/facts_5183307_do...-not-pop_.html
> http://www.canadianpoppingcorn.com/cornoldmaids.html
>
> I never waste money on gourmet popping corn, I buy the least expensive
> I can find in plastic bags and immediately place it in glass jars with
> a couple tsps of water, screw the lid down and put it in my freezer...
> the colder the kernals the better it pops. Instead of plain water
> citrus peel will hydrate popping corn nicely.

Yes. This is mentioned even in very old cookbooks that I have. Won't do a
thing to enhance fresh kernels. But old popcorn loses its moisture and it
is the moisture that causes the kernels to pop. The coldness will keep it
fresh. My health food store would buy it in bulk and keep it in the freezer
along with nuts. Always very fresh.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"George M. Middius" wrote:

> Gary wrote:

<Sheldon said>
> > > ...buy ordinary inexpensive generic popping corn and put it
> > > into a tightly sealed glass jar with a tsp of water and store in your
> > > fridge... properly hydrated popping corn tastes better and
> > > pops/explodes larger amd fluffier.

> > That's weird, Sheldon. I've NEVER heard of doing that. Anyone else here
> > agree? :-O

> Unlike most of the crapola Shelley posts, this one can't be dismissed out of
> hand. Let us know if it works, or if it's just another crock o' crap.

According to what others have posted here, I guess it's true.
I haven't made popcorn in *years* but I do have 3 cute (15oz) jars of
"gourmet popcorn" still on my countertop underneath my spice shelf. The jars
look nice so I've never thrown them out. They are at least 15-20 years old
and have never been opened.

I'm tempted to try this. I'll make a small batch using them straight from
the jars then another batch with some water added for awhile.

Gary
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 11:29:56 PM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
> I tried a search for this and came up with White Cat. Could that be it?
>

> http://whitecatpopcorn.com/

Here is your Black Cat popcorn. Just put the whole package on the stovetop,
and turn the heat on high--
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma...5q5oo1_500.jpg
You'll know when it starts popping.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bryan" > wrote in message
> On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 11:29:56 PM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
>> I tried a search for this and came up with White Cat. Could that be it?
>>

>> http://whitecatpopcorn.com/

> Here is your Black Cat popcorn. Just put the whole package on the
> stovetop,
> and turn the heat on high--
> http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma...5q5oo1_500.jpg
> You'll know when it starts popping.
>
> --Bryan

Heh. I have bought those before.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Brooklyn1 > wrote:

> Yours is the only yard on the planet where birds won't eat corn... I
> feed birds a blend of 50/50 corn and mixed seed (I buy corn in 50lb
> sacks), all gets scoffed up as fast as I put it out... I go through
> some 200 pounds a month. I sometimes buy popping corn in five pound
> bags, put into a smaller litter pan it's an easy method for collecting
> cat urine specimens. After collecting the cat urine I rinse the corn
> and toss it in the yard for the critters, all gets eaten. Birds love
> popping corn.

We had discriminating birds in both Greensboro and Seattle. Not only did
they turn their beaks up at cracked corn, they'd eschew the safflower
and millet as well. In our new digs in the 'burbs, bird feeding (except
for hummingbirds) is discouraged to avoid a vermin overpopulation
problem. We don't see many songbirds or squirrels here, courtesy of the
eagles and other raptors in the neighborhood. We do have lots of ducks,
cormorants, and Canada geese, since the condo overlooks a river.
Yesterday there were over 30 geese on the strip of land between the
condo and the river. (No wonder the grass is so green...)

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Feb 2013 09:24:29 -0800, Cindy Fuller
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Brooklyn1 > wrote:
>

>> Yours is the only yard on the planet where birds won't eat corn... I
>> feed birds a blend of 50/50 corn and mixed seed (I buy corn in 50lb
>> sacks), all gets scoffed up as fast as I put it out... I go through
>> some 200 pounds a month. I sometimes buy popping corn in five pound
>> bags, put into a smaller litter pan it's an easy method for collecting
>> cat urine specimens. After collecting the cat urine I rinse the corn
>> and toss it in the yard for the critters, all gets eaten. Birds love
>> popping corn.

>We had discriminating birds in both Greensboro and Seattle. Not only did
>they turn their beaks up at cracked corn, they'd eschew the safflower
>and millet as well. In our new digs in the 'burbs, bird feeding (except
>for hummingbirds) is discouraged to avoid a vermin overpopulation
>problem. We don't see many songbirds or squirrels here, courtesy of the
>eagles and other raptors in the neighborhood. We do have lots of ducks,
>cormorants, and Canada geese, since the condo overlooks a river.
>Yesterday there were over 30 geese on the strip of land between the
>condo and the river. (No wonder the grass is so green...)

With raptors about I doubt you'd have a vermin problem. There are
lots or rapters here but they don't bother small birds, they feed on
small rodents, reptiles, and fish... your being close to a river I'm
sure the raptors take fish.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Fuller" > wrote in message
> We had discriminating birds in both Greensboro and Seattle. Not only did
> they turn their beaks up at cracked corn, they'd eschew the safflower
> and millet as well. In our new digs in the 'burbs, bird feeding (except
> for hummingbirds) is discouraged to avoid a vermin overpopulation
> problem. We don't see many songbirds or squirrels here, courtesy of the
> eagles and other raptors in the neighborhood. We do have lots of ducks,
> cormorants, and Canada geese, since the condo overlooks a river.
> Yesterday there were over 30 geese on the strip of land between the
> condo and the river. (No wonder the grass is so green...)

Yeah. They won't eat millet in this area. They would in NY. There, I
could get cheap seed and it would always get eaten. Here, I would put out
cracked corn for the squirrels, or fresh. They really did love a cob of
fresh corn! They also liked peanuts as did the Stellar Jays. But the
favorite were the black oil sunflower seeds which of course are expensive.
Once in a while I will get hazelnuts for the squirrels but I can only give
them to them when I see them present in the yard. I don't dare just leave
them out there.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:
> "Brooklyn1" > wrote in message

>>> Ah, I think that is it, based on the look of the label.... My
>>> daughter confirms that. I just asked her how it differs from
>>> Arrowhead Mills. No response, but in the meantime I find myself
>>> thinking that organic nonGMO is good, so my vote would be for
>>> Arrowhead Mills popcorn.

>> It's ordinary popping corn that pops better because of how it's
>> packaged... buy ordinary inexpensive generic popping corn and put it
>> into a tightly sealed glass jar with a tsp of water and store in your
>> fridge... properly hydrated popping corn tastes better and
>> pops/explodes larger amd fluffier.

> The popcorn I've been using pops just fine. The difference for me was the
> *taste*! The Arrowhead Mills tasted so good I thought I was eating some new
> kind of food!

Cool! When my daughter runs out of popcorn, I will be curious to
see what she wants to replace it with.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jean B." > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:

>>> It's ordinary popping corn that pops better because of how it's
>>> packaged... buy ordinary inexpensive generic popping corn and put it
>>> into a tightly sealed glass jar with a tsp of water and store in your
>>> fridge... properly hydrated popping corn tastes better and
>>> pops/explodes larger amd fluffier.

>> The popcorn I've been using pops just fine. The difference for me was
>> the *taste*! The Arrowhead Mills tasted so good I thought I was eating
>> some new kind of food!

> Cool! When my daughter runs out of popcorn, I will be curious to see what
> she wants to replace it with.

Ah... My order hasn't come yet. Am impatient to taste test it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:
> Ah... My order hasn't come yet. Am impatient to taste test it.

Do report back.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jean B." > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:
>> Ah... My order hasn't come yet. Am impatient to taste test it.

> Do report back.

I will!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/15/2013 3:00 PM, Gary wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> Pop the "crud" popcorn and toss it out for the birds. Or are you the
>> one who can't feed the birds because of rats?

> Julie's Cosco crud popcorn is probaby fine but if not....hey...rats need to
> eat too. They're not evil either. They are actually pretty cute, imo. At
> least when they are young
>
> G.

I think all animals are cute regardless of their age. However,
there are some I wouldn't want to intentionally attract, and rats are
one of them. They're destructive and can chew through things you'd
rather have left intact.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 13 Feb 2013 21:29:56 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>I tried a search for this and came up with White Cat. Could that be it?
>
>http://whitecatpopcorn.com/

"Black Cat" is a brand of fireworks!
I dont think they are in the popcorn business..... but then again, who
knows.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheryl wrote:
> I think all animals are cute regardless of their age. However,
> there are some I wouldn't want to intentionally attract, and rats are
> one of them. They're destructive and can chew through things you'd
> rather have left intact.

Yes. We had a mom take a bunch of insulation from under the house for her
nest. Then another got in the garage. Obviously there had been a problem
here based on the traps I saw under the house. But we had seen no activity
until they tore some farms down and they moved into this area. And the guy
behind me feeds everything!

The next one that got in, got into the garage when my husband left the door
open during the winter. I made the mistake of storing some extra cereal out
there despite being warned not to do so. Poor thing died in the wall in
there somewhere. The person who designed that "gargage" shouldn't have been
allowed to do so. There are too many little open spaces for a climbing
animal to be able to get in there. And to remedy the situation would cost
many thousands of dollars. Or so I've been told.

After that rat, there was activity for a time and then it worsened. And
then my neighbor who owned the Winchester Mystery House part 2 admitted to
me that he had been overtaken by rats. I did not know just how much of his
mind the poor man had lost. But after he skipped town...er...country...I've
been told he is in Sweden now, I realized that he was a hoarder. I always
wondered why he never put put trash cans. Well... Now I know! He just
left. Left his house unlocked and told people to take what they wanted.
Left food and everything in there.

After I got the city involved in that little mess, the rat population in
this yard declined. And the last time the pest control people were here,
there was no activity at all.

I hated living on Staten Island for many reasons but one was the rats. I
could see them at night, just behind my house. Tons of them. We never got
any in our building but we did have squirrels and mice. Don't know why we
didn't get the rats but the people across from us did. We had tons of ants
too. Those buildings were super bad. Lots of openings for critters to get
in.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Feb 2013 21:29:56 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>> I tried a search for this and came up with White Cat. Could that be
>> it?

http://whitecatpopcorn.com/

> "Black Cat" is a brand of fireworks!
> I dont think they are in the popcorn business..... but then again, who
> knows.

It's White Cat. She gave me the wrong name.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/20/2013 2:12 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> I hated living on Staten Island for many reasons but one was the rats. I
> could see them at night, just behind my house. Tons of them. We never got
> any in our building but we did have squirrels and mice. Don't know why we
> didn't get the rats but the people across from us did. We had tons of ants
> too. Those buildings were super bad. Lots of openings for critters to get
> in.

Um, isn't Staten Island where a huge garbage dump is located?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 2/20/2013 2:12 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> I hated living on Staten Island for many reasons but one was the rats. I
>> could see them at night, just behind my house. Tons of them. We never
>> got
>> any in our building but we did have squirrels and mice. Don't know why
>> we
>> didn't get the rats but the people across from us did. We had tons of
>> ants
>> too. Those buildings were super bad. Lots of openings for critters to
>> get
>> in.

> Um, isn't Staten Island where a huge garbage dump is located?

Dunno.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Squirrels do the same damn things as rats. The damage they did to our grandmothers house was epic. We shoot them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheryl wrote:

> On 2/15/2013 3:00 PM, Gary wrote:
> > ...hey...rats need to
> > eat too. They're not evil either. They are actually pretty cute, imo. At
> > least when they are young
> >
> > G.
> >

> I think all animals are cute regardless of their age. However,
> there are some I wouldn't want to intentionally attract, and rats are
> one of them. They're destructive and can chew through things you'd
> rather have left intact.

Several months ago, I was working in a house that had a minor rat problem.
And this was a nice house in a nice neighborhood, not some slum area.

Anyway, they occasionally got rats so they set a trap in the furnace room
where they thought they were getting in. One afternoon, I was in the furnace
room and there was a young rat. Probably a teenager, not full grown. It was
so furry and cute....like someone's pet. It ignored me and started walking
towards the rat snap-trap. As it was so cute, I couldn't stand to see it
get killed so I took a stick and set off the trap myself. And the rat didn't
scurry away, he just looked at me and continued on walking around the room.
heheh

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 11:12:53 -0800 (PST), Nanzi >
wrote:

>Squirrels do the same damn things as rats. The damage they did to

our grandmothers house was epic. We shoot them.

I'm not sure what you were replying to. This thread is about popcorn.
But anyhow, I had raccoons get in my house last june and they did a lot
of damage. I now have steel grating over the windows to keep them out
for good. I shot several of the ones that were in the house, that just
added to the mess and damage in the house, but it got rid of them.

Black Olive Pancakes for Black Friday Breakfast Dan L General Cooking 3 28-11-2010 02:46 AM
Popcorn metspitzer General Cooking 8 20-09-2008 12:38 AM
Black Raspberry/black currant jam recipe. BlackHawk 96 Preserving 6 02-01-2008 09:11 AM
That buttery aroma might be toxic, too: Common chemical in popcorn at center of concern [Scout popcorn OK] Fred Goodwin, CMA General Cooking 0 06-09-2007 10:52 PM
Black Beans - Cuban Black Bean Soup Langerhans Diabetic 0 10-07-2005 09:04 PM