Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default 10 hottest hot sauces

http://www.thedailymeal.com/world-s-...d ium=partner

Number 1 is pure capsaicin crystals.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-02-09, Zz Yzx > wrote:
> http://www.thedailymeal.com/world-s-...d ium=partner
>
> Number 1 is pure capsaicin crystals.

Dumb.

I don't see the point in trying to eat the hottest food. Now, if
they'd said best tasting hot sauce, I'd be there. But hot for hot's
sake makes no sense. I found my limit, which was 911 Jerk Marinade,
thankfully discontinued. Painfully hot from beginning to end. Again,
dumb.

I have discovered there really is flavor in some of these hot chilis.
Surprisingly, Tabasco Habanero is very tasty, yet nowhere near as
fatal as one might suspect. Problem is finding it. All our local
stores quit carrying it, no doubt due to poor sales. Looks like I'll
hafta go online.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9 Feb 2013 16:12:00 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>On 2013-02-09, Zz Yzx > wrote:
>> http://www.thedailymeal.com/world-s-...d ium=partner
>>
>> Number 1 is pure capsaicin crystals.

>Dumb.

I agree. What I don't understan is how they can give pure capsaicin a
Scoville rating. The Scoville rating is the number ofdilutions it
takes so that there is no detectable capsaicin. It's the old, half,
half, half, half...... game.

>I don't see the point in trying to eat the hottest food. Now, if
>they'd said best tasting hot sauce, I'd be there. But hot for hot's
>sake makes no sense. I found my limit, which was 911 Jerk Marinade,
>thankfully discontinued. Painfully hot from beginning to end. Again,
>dumb.

I once mistook a habanero for a sweet tequila sunrise pepper and bit
straight into it. It ruined the whole Saturday.

>I have discovered there really is flavor in some of these hot chilis.
>Surprisingly, Tabasco Habanero is very tasty, yet nowhere near as
>fatal as one might suspect. Problem is finding it. All our local
>stores quit carrying it, no doubt due to poor sales. Looks like I'll
>hafta go online.
>
>nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:

> I have discovered there really is flavor in some of these hot chilis.
> Surprisingly, Tabasco Habanero is very tasty, yet nowhere near as
> fatal as one might suspect. Problem is finding it. All our local
> stores quit carrying it, no doubt due to poor sales. Looks like I'll
> hafta go online.

Trader Joe's habanero sauce has a lot of
habanero flavor in it. It's very good.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 9, 11:12*am, notbob > wrote:
> On 2013-02-09, Zz Yzx > wrote:
>
> >http://www.thedailymeal.com/world-s-...ces-slideshow?...

> > Number 1 is pure capsaicin crystals.

> Dumb.
>
> I don't see the point in trying to eat the hottest food. *Now, if
> they'd said best tasting hot sauce, I'd be there. *But hot for hot's
> sake makes no sense. *I found my limit, which was 911 Jerk Marinade,
> thankfully discontinued. *Painfully hot from beginning to end. *Again,
> dumb.
>
> I have discovered there really is flavor in some of these hot chilis.
> Surprisingly, Tabasco Habanero is very tasty, yet nowhere near as
> fatal as one might suspect. *Problem is finding it. *All our local
> stores quit carrying it, no doubt due to poor sales. *Looks like I'll
> hafta go online.
>
> nb

Some people eat hot food in order to cool down in the heat. A while
back I talked to a fellow from India; it was very hot where he came
from. He said that really hot food makes one sweat, and the sweat has
a cooling effect. I never noticed that personally though; maybe I'm
not eating hot enough.
Sometimes I like Mr. Gouda's Pepper sauce, which is about twice as hot
as Frank's. Other times I wish I could get a hot sauce much milder
than Frank's, since I really like the flavour and would like to put
more of that s**t on my food. One favourite is corn on the cob with
hot sauce and lime.

Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Will agree about the Tabasco Hab sauce. Very tasty. Never bought any but the local taco place keeps it on hand. My hands down favorite for most applications is Sirriachi. Cheap and in the Chinese section of Wally World for them who dont know of it. Usually found on the table in Chinese Restaurants. Haven't found a need for other variants in several years.

Sriracha sauce - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by notbob View Post

hottest pepper gregz General Cooking 12 28-08-2012 04:01 AM
The Hottest Chilli? Corey Richardson[_2_] Mexican Cooking 19 28-08-2008 01:45 AM
The Hottest Chilli? Corey Richardson[_2_] General Cooking 22 21-08-2008 02:56 PM
The Hottest Charcoal Michael \(Piedmont\) Barbecue 7 16-06-2007 10:02 AM