Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Will eating moldy bread make someone sick?

Will eating moldy bread make someone sick?

Neighbors kids ate some bread that had a little green mold on it. The
mother is all hysterical that the kids are gonna get sick.

i told her that i think we've all eaten at least a few bites of bread
that was just getting moldy and no one has died yet.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 7, 2:37*am, wrote:
> Will eating moldy bread make someone sick?
>
> Neighbors kids ate some bread that had a little green mold on it. *The
> mother is all hysterical that the kids are gonna get sick.
>
> i told her that i think we've all eaten at least a few bites of bread
> that was just getting moldy and no one has died yet.

It's just unprocessed penicillin.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> Will eating moldy bread make someone sick?
>
> Neighbors kids ate some bread that had a little green mold on it. The
> mother is all hysterical that the kids are gonna get sick.
>
> i told her that i think we've all eaten at least a few bites of bread
> that was just getting moldy and no one has died yet.

It could. But it probably won't.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 7, 2:37*am, wrote:
> Will eating moldy bread make someone sick?
>
> Neighbors kids ate some bread that had a little green mold on it. *The
> mother is all hysterical that the kids are gonna get sick.
>
> i told her that i think we've all eaten at least a few bites of bread
> that was just getting moldy and no one has died yet.

Call 911 and then make funeral arrangements.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chemo wrote:

> On Feb 7, 2:37 am, wrote:
> > Will eating moldy bread make someone sick?
> >
> > Neighbors kids ate some bread that had a little green mold on it. The
> > mother is all hysterical that the kids are gonna get sick.
> >
> > i told her that i think we've all eaten at least a few bites of bread
> > that was just getting moldy and no one has died yet.

> Call 911 and then make funeral arrangements.

Oh come on, Chemo. We're trying to save money here.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary > wrote in :

> Chemo wrote:
>>
>> On Feb 7, 2:37 am, wrote:
>> > Will eating moldy bread make someone sick?
>> >
>> > Neighbors kids ate some bread that had a little green mold on it.

The
>> > mother is all hysterical that the kids are gonna get sick.
>> >
>> > i told her that i think we've all eaten at least a few bites of

bread
>> > that was just getting moldy and no one has died yet.

>> Call 911 and then make funeral arrangements.

> Oh come on, Chemo. We're trying to save money here.

Nope....... the kid is going to die from eating the mouldy bread :-P

I wonder what else was on the bread?

Butter or margarine?

Did you know that most margarine is about two molecules away from
plastic? Stick a tub of marg in your garage during summer for a month or
so... it won't spoil, and the flies won't even bother with it.

--
Peter
Brisbane

Success isn't so difficult.
Just bite off more than you can chew,
then go do it.
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary View Post
Chemo wrote:[color=blue][i]
On Feb 7, 2:37 am, wrote:[color=green][i]
Will eating moldy bread make someone sick?
I vote with the smart folks who say its low grade antibiotics. I am like somebody already said..if eating moldly bread could kill folks..some of us would not have made it out of the 50's..lol.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 15:37:26 -0800, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

>The one that gets me is not to eat cold pizza! If that were true I would
>have died years ago.

Why would anyone even think that cold pizza is bad? Makes no sense...
(unless it's weeks old).

And what's with puting raw garlic in oil? I dont understand things like
this....

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 21:49:04 +0000 (UTC), "I'm back" >
wrote:

>Nope....... the kid is going to die from eating the mouldy bread :-P

It is a slow death too. My grandfather ate bread with mold on it when
he was a kid and sure enough, he died about 70 years later.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, February 7, 2013 11:03:56 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 21:49:04 +0000 (UTC), "I'm back" > wrote: > > >Nope....... the kid is going to die from eating the mouldy bread :-P > It is a slow death too. My grandfather ate bread with mold on it when he was a kid and sure enough, he died about 70 years later.

lol...

I've eaten a few hamburgers that had an odd taste to them, flip the bun over and there it is... green mold. Particularly when you have two children who like to leave the buns out in an unsealed bag.

I'm still kicking though

Mike Lalonde
Sudbury
Jumlers.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in
:

> "I'm back" > wrote in message
>> Gary > wrote in :

>>> You have the best answer, Janet US. I was going to say that it
>>> probably won't hurt them but to call their doctor just to make sure.
>>> I forgot about the Poison Control.
>>>
>>> Gary
>>>

>> Mold = penicillin.
>>
>> People eat "mouldy cheese" all the time..... and salamis with mould
>> growing on the outside..... I've had mouldy bread in the past. just
>> pinched/cut off the mould, toasted it up, good as gold :-)
>>
>> Typical histronics from the cotton wool generation..... same as
>> "don't put raw garlic in oil, you'll die!!" and "don't eat room
>> temperature food, you'll die!!" and "don't reheat food, you'll
>> die!!".

> The one that gets me is not to eat cold pizza! If that were true I
> would have died years ago.

LOL!! The other day,. I put a ziploc bag of pizza slices in my backpack
at about 7am when we went to go shopping for the day, and forgot about
them until about 6pm.... and decided to take them out and have a munch.
Ate a couple, then got home, chucked them in the fridge again, and
finished them off the next morning.

And I didn't die!!!

--
Peter
Brisbane
Australia

Success isn't so difficult.
Just bite off more than you can chew,
then go do it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski > wrote in
:

> On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 21:49:04 +0000 (UTC), "I'm back" >
> wrote:
>

>>Nope....... the kid is going to die from eating the mouldy bread :-P
>>

> It is a slow death too. My grandfather ate bread with mold on it when
> he was a kid and sure enough, he died about 70 years later.

LOL!!! :-)

It won't happen overnight, but it will happen ;-P

--
Peter
Brisbane
Australia

Success isn't so difficult.
Just bite off more than you can chew,
then go do it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 8 Feb 2013 00:35:30 +0000, bigwheel
> wrote:
[color=blue][i]

>Gary;1811448 Wrote: [color=green][i]
>> Chemo wrote:
>> On Feb 7, 2:37 am, wrote:
>> Will eating moldy bread make someone sick?
>>

>I vote with the smart folks who say its low grade antibiotics. I am like
>somebody already said..if eating moldly bread could kill folks..some of
>us would not have made it out of the 50's..lol.

By the time you see visible mold (fruiting bodies) on the food's
surface pretty much the entire food is riddled with mold (mycillium).
One can become very ill from eating moldy bread and other moldy foods,
it's best to toss it.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/52...ou-a-headache/
http://www.ehow.com/way_5765264_eati...ake-sick_.html

http://www.livestrong.com/article/52...ou-a-headache/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-02-08, Jim Elbrecht > wrote:

> years-- a habit started in the barracks in 69.

Geez Jim, don't go making me feel older than I already am. That's
only 44 yrs.

("pizza/pop!" -- universal shout-out when the pizza trucks started
their evening deliveries. USAF barracks '66).

nb
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

;And what's with puting raw garlic in oil? I dont understand things like
this....[/QUOTE]

It's generally rumored trying to hold any type of raw veggie in oil for extended periods is a good recipe for botulism. It has to do with the decomposition of the plant material in an anaerobic environment. For them who wants to do it..blanched garlic will work just fine and not be so scary.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8 Feb 2013 14:35:20 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>On 2013-02-08, Jim Elbrecht > wrote:
>
>> years-- a habit started in the barracks in 69.

>Geez Jim, don't go making me feel older than I already am. That's
>only 44 yrs.

The third thing to go must be math skills.
[in my case the first was memory- then the hearing. . . ]

Jim
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jim Elbrecht" > wrote in message
> On 8 Feb 2013 14:35:20 GMT, notbob > wrote:
>
>>On 2013-02-08, Jim Elbrecht > wrote:
>>
>>> years-- a habit started in the barracks in 69.

>>Geez Jim, don't go making me feel older than I already am. That's
>>only 44 yrs.

> The third thing to go must be math skills.
> [in my case the first was memory- then the hearing. . . ]

What? Speak up!

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 8 Feb 2013 19:11:11 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

> "Jim Elbrecht" > wrote in message

> >>Geez Jim, don't go making me feel older than I already am. That's
> >>only 44 yrs.

> > The third thing to go must be math skills.
> > [in my case the first was memory- then the hearing. . . ]

> What? Speak up!

Aaaay?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 > wrote in
:
[color=blue][i]
> On Fri, 8 Feb 2013 00:35:30 +0000, bigwheel
> > wrote:
> [color=green][i]
>>
>>Gary;1811448 Wrote:
>>> Chemo wrote:
>>> On Feb 7, 2:37 am, wrote:
>>> Will eating moldy bread make someone sick?
>>>

>>I vote with the smart folks who say its low grade antibiotics. I am
>>like somebody already said..if eating moldly bread could kill
>>folks..some of us would not have made it out of the 50's..lol.

> By the time you see visible mold (fruiting bodies) on the food's
> surface pretty much the entire food is riddled with mold (mycillium).
> One can become very ill from eating moldy bread and other moldy foods,
> it's best to toss it.
>
> http://www.livestrong.com/article/52...read-make-you-

sick-
> or-give-you-a-headache/
> http://www.ehow.com/way_5765264_eati...ake-sick_.html
>
> http://www.livestrong.com/article/52...read-make-you-

sick-
> or-give-you-a-headache/

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!!!

--
Peter
Brisbane
Australia

Success isn't so difficult.
Just bite off more than you can chew,
then go do it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/7/13 11:29 AM, Janet Bostwick wrote:

> tell her to call Poison Control if she is really worried. They will
> help her out, calm her.
> Janet US

Sadly, they will. If she's this stupid though its a shame.

Goomba <a witness to the idiots who compete for the Darwin award>

Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

[quote="I'm back[
The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!!!
Peter
Brisbane
Australia[/QUOTE]

Ok would have liked to have seen Chicken Little with proper quotes here but is apparently not to be so no need to nag about etiquette at this point. Now right after our Chicken pal broke the sad news to Farmer Brown..who knows what Farmer Brown said back to Chicken Little?-----------Fill in the blank. This is a test. Thanks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 7, 10:07*am, George M. Middius > wrote:
> wrote:
> > Will eating moldy bread make someone sick?

> Julie knows all about this subject. She and/or her daughter get sick from
> being in the same room with moldy bread.

LOL