Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Candy buyer's remorse

I'm a big fan of Jelly Belly candy. But their "peas and carrots" candy is
like eating bubble gum--not _chewing_ bubblegum, _eating_ bubble gum.

I also like Jolly Rancher but not their new chewy candies. Poor quality.

I don't know. I think these companies must be outsourcing or something.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christopher M." > wrote in message
> I'm a big fan of Jelly Belly candy. But their "peas and carrots" candy is
> like eating bubble gum--not _chewing_ bubblegum, _eating_ bubble gum.
>
> I also like Jolly Rancher but not their new chewy candies. Poor quality.
>
> I don't know. I think these companies must be outsourcing or something.

It's supposed to be a mellocreme-type candy like their candy corn. Maybe you
got a stale bag, or you don't like candy corn?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"news" > wrote in message

> "Christopher M." > wrote in message
>> I'm a big fan of Jelly Belly candy. But their "peas and carrots" candy
>> is like eating bubble gum--not _chewing_ bubblegum, _eating_ bubble gum.
>>
>> I also like Jolly Rancher but not their new chewy candies. Poor quality.
>>
>> I don't know. I think these companies must be outsourcing or something.

> It's supposed to be a mellocreme-type candy like their candy corn. Maybe
> you got a stale bag, or you don't like candy corn?

I'm a big fan of candy corn, if it contains a good amount of honey.

Maybe I got a stale bag.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 21:42:22 -0500, "Christopher M."
> wrote:

> "news" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Christopher M." > wrote in message
> >> I'm a big fan of Jelly Belly candy. But their "peas and carrots" candy
> >> is like eating bubble gum--not _chewing_ bubblegum, _eating_ bubble gum.
> >>
> >> I also like Jolly Rancher but not their new chewy candies. Poor quality.
> >>
> >> I don't know. I think these companies must be outsourcing or something.

> > It's supposed to be a mellocreme-type candy like their candy corn. Maybe
> > you got a stale bag, or you don't like candy corn?

> I'm a big fan of candy corn, if it contains a good amount of honey.
>
> Maybe I got a stale bag.

I've had candy corn that couldn't be considered anything other than
fresh and I still don't like candy corn. What's to like about it? I
can't find a single positive thing to say about it other than it looks
like pretend corn.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, January 30, 2013 11:26:33 PM UTC-6, sf wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 21:42:22 -0500, "Christopher M."
>
> > wrote:

> > > It's supposed to be a mellocreme-type candy like their candy corn. Maybe

> > > you got a stale bag, or you don't like candy corn?

> > I'm a big fan of candy corn, if it contains a good amount of honey.

> > Maybe I got a stale bag.

> I've had candy corn that couldn't be considered anything other than
>
> fresh and I still don't like candy corn. What's to like about it? I
>
> can't find a single positive thing to say about it other than it looks
>
> like pretend corn.

The Pooh idiot is like that too. "I can't find a single positive thing to
say about it." It's like now that Andy has taken a break from posting worthless shit, Christopher has ramped up to fill the niche.

There is worse than candy corn; circus peanuts.

--Bryan http://www.citizenschwartz.com/nralandlord/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christopher M." <> wrote in message

I'm a big fan of Jelly Belly candy. But their "peas and carrots" candy
is like eating bubble gum--not _chewing_ bubblegum, _eating_ bubble gum.

We have a son-in-law who loves black jelly beans and I order pounds of them
at Christmas from the Jelly Belly folks. Never hear a complaint except that
he does Not share. With anybody. Polly

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 31, 4:23*am, Bryan > wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 30, 2013 11:26:33 PM UTC-6, sf wrote:
> > On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 21:42:22 -0500, "Christopher M."

> > > wrote:

> > > I'm a big fan of candy corn, if it contains a good amount of honey.

> > > Maybe I got a stale bag.

> > I've had candy corn that couldn't be considered anything other than

> > fresh and I still don't like candy corn. *What's to like about it? *I

> > can't find a single positive thing to say about it other than it looks

> > like pretend corn.

> The Pooh idiot is like that too. *"I can't find a single positive thing to
> say about it." *It's like now that Andy has taken a break from posting worthless shit, Christopher has ramped up to fill the niche.
>
> There is worse than candy corn; circus peanuts.
>
> --Bryan *http://www.citizenschwartz.com/nralandlord/

Circus peanuts are horrible!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

merryb wrote:

> Circus peanuts are horrible!

The elephants seem to like them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Polly Esther" > wrote in message

> "Christopher M." <> wrote in message
>
> I'm a big fan of Jelly Belly candy. But their "peas and carrots" candy
> is like eating bubble gum--not _chewing_ bubblegum, _eating_ bubble gum.
>
> We have a son-in-law who loves black jelly beans and I order pounds of
> them at Christmas from the Jelly Belly folks. Never hear a complaint
> except that he does Not share. With anybody. Polly

Oh, no complaints with those. I love Jelly Belly's sour jelly beans.

I love the sour lemon. Have to eat at least 3 of them at a time (of the same
flavor) to get the full effect though. I find that also to be true with
Cadbury cream eggs (have to eat 3 to really get a sense of the quality of
the chocolate).

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

merryb wrote:
> On Jan 31, 4:23 am, Bryan > wrote:
>> On Wednesday, January 30, 2013 11:26:33 PM UTC-6, sf wrote:
>>> On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 21:42:22 -0500, "Christopher M."

>>> I've had candy corn that couldn't be considered anything other than

>>> fresh and I still don't like candy corn. What's to like about it? I

>>> can't find a single positive thing to say about it other than it
>>> looks

>>> like pretend corn.

>> The Pooh idiot is like that too. "I can't find a single positive
>> thing to
>> say about it." It's like now that Andy has taken a break from
>> posting worthless shit, Christopher has ramped up to fill the niche.
>>
>> There is worse than candy corn; circus peanuts.
>>
>> --Bryan http://www.citizenschwartz.com/nralandlord/

> Circus peanuts are horrible!

I haven't eaten a circus peanut in over 30 years, and I have no desire to.
Circus peanuts are evil.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 31, 2013 12:21:49 PM UTC-6, merryb wrote:
> On Jan 31, 4:23*am, Bryan > wrote:
>

> > There is worse than candy corn; circus peanuts.

> > --Bryan *http://www.citizenschwartz.com/nralandlord/

> Circus peanuts are horrible!

I have had all of these ideas about "enhanced interrogation," one of
which involved circus peanuts, but does anyone from any administration
listen to me? No. Hmmmph!

--Bryan http://www.citizenschwartz.com/gunskill/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Polly Esther" wrote:
> "Christopher M."wrote:
>
> I'm a big fan of Jelly Belly candy.

I'm a huge fan of jelly beans but I rarely buy Jelly Bellys, they are
too small, their texture is too tough, and their myriad flavors are
much too unnatural.

>We have a son-in-law who loves black jelly beans and I order pounds of them
>at Christmas from the Jelly Belly folks. Never hear a complaint except that
>he does Not share. With anybody. Polly

I adore licorice jelly beans but Jelly Belly tastes the least like
licorice.

I prefer the cheapo stupidmarket jelly beans, like Brachs brand.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
merryb > wrote:

> On Jan 31, 4:23*am, Bryan > wrote:

> > There is worse than candy corn; circus peanuts.
> >
> > --Bryan *http://www.citizenschwartz.com/nralandlord/

> Circus peanuts are horrible!

The other awful candy is that peanut butter taffy that they sell at
halloween and comes wrapped in orange and black waxed paper. Always
disappointing as a kid to get that nasty stuff. Only candy I ever
remember throwing away.

marcella
who likes candy corn but only in orange/yellow/white
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
> "Polly Esther" wrote:
>> "Christopher M."wrote:
>>
>> I'm a big fan of Jelly Belly candy.

> I'm a huge fan of jelly beans but I rarely buy Jelly Bellys, they are
> too small, their texture is too tough, and their myriad flavors are
> much too unnatural.
>
>>We have a son-in-law who loves black jelly beans and I order pounds of
>>them
>>at Christmas from the Jelly Belly folks. Never hear a complaint except
>>that
>>he does Not share. With anybody. Polly

> I adore licorice jelly beans but Jelly Belly tastes the least like
> licorice.
>
> I prefer the cheapo stupidmarket jelly beans, like Brachs brand.

I like both Jelly Belly and the junky ones that stick to your ribs.

I also like cherry sours.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Marcella Peek" > wrote in message
> In article
> >,
> merryb > wrote:
>
>> On Jan 31, 4:23 am, Bryan > wrote:

>> > There is worse than candy corn; circus peanuts.
>> >
>> > --Bryan http://www.citizenschwartz.com/nralandlord/

>> Circus peanuts are horrible!

> The other awful candy is that peanut butter taffy that they sell at
> halloween and comes wrapped in orange and black waxed paper. Always
> disappointing as a kid to get that nasty stuff. Only candy I ever
> remember throwing away.
>
> marcella
> who likes candy corn but only in orange/yellow/white

I paid $10 for a bag of Mary Janes once because I had a Mary Jane craving.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 31, 8:00*pm, "Christopher M." > wrote:
> "Marcella Peek" > wrote in message

> > In article
> > >,
> > merryb > wrote:

> >> Circus peanuts are horrible!

> > The other awful candy is that peanut butter taffy that they sell at
> > halloween and comes wrapped in orange and black waxed paper. *Always
> > disappointing as a kid to get that nasty stuff. *Only candy I ever
> > remember throwing away.

> > marcella
> > who likes candy corn but only in orange/yellow/white

> I paid $10 for a bag of Mary Janes once because I had a Mary Jane craving..
>
> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

When was that...1960?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chemo wrote:
>"Christopher M." wrote:

>> > The other awful candy is that peanut butter taffy that they sell at
>> > halloween and comes wrapped in orange and black waxed paper. *Always
>> > disappointing as a kid to get that nasty stuff. *Only candy I ever
>> > remember throwing away.

>> > marcella
>> > who likes candy corn but only in orange/yellow/white

>> I paid $10 for a bag of Mary Janes once because I had a Mary Jane craving.

>When was that...1960?

You can still buy Mary Janes candy for cheap:
http://www.candycrate.com/maryjanes.html?ad=13177653786
http://www.amazon.com/Mary-Janes-Can...ry+janes+candy
http://www.amazon.com/Lb-Bulk-Mary-J...ry+janes+candy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Brooklyn1 > wrote:

> Chemo wrote:

> >> I paid $10 for a bag of Mary Janes once because I had a Mary Jane craving.

> >When was that...1960?

> You can still buy Mary Janes candy for cheap:
> http://www.candycrate.com/maryjanes.html?ad=13177653786
> http://www.amazon.com/Mary-Janes-Can...=sr_1_11?ie=UT
> F8&qid=1359743066&sr=8-11&keywords=mary+janes+candy
> http://www.amazon.com/Lb-Bulk-Mary-J...=sr_1_6?ie=UTF
> 8&qid=1359743066&sr=8-6&keywords=mary+janes+candy

I remember this:
http://www.candycrate.com/maryjane-p...sses-bulk.html

Nastiest candy ever.

marcella
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 30, 11:26*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 21:42:22 -0500, "Christopher M."
>

> > wrote:

> > > It's supposed to be a mellocreme-type candy like their candy corn. Maybe
> > > you got a stale bag, or you don't like candy corn?

> > I'm a big fan of candy corn, if it contains a good amount of honey.

> > Maybe I got a stale bag.

> I've had candy corn that couldn't be considered anything other than
> fresh and I still don't like candy corn. *What's to like about it? *I
> can't find a single positive thing to say about it other than it looks
> like pretend corn.
>
> --
> Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

Candy corn *is* pretty vile. I don't remember there ever being any
honey in it, either. It's always been just little triangular doodads
of semi hardened yellowish corn syrup with no discernible personality
at all. Even cotton candy is more interesting.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
z z z z is offline

My easter basket always had all the black licorice jelly beans-no else
liked them :-)

Mix up a bowl of red apple and green apple Jelly Bellys, add miniature
choc chips, Kraft caramel chips, and chopped pecans and you have a
spectacular gourmet caramel apple on a spoon.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"z z" > wrote in message
> My easter basket always had all the black licorice jelly beans-no else
> liked them :-)

I've acquired a tastes for black jelly beans. It took many years.

> Mix up a bowl of red apple and green apple Jelly Bellys, add miniature
> choc chips, Kraft caramel chips, and chopped pecans and you have a
> spectacular gourmet caramel apple on a spoon.

That does sound delicious.

Love those red apple Jelly Bellys, and caramel. Maybe a little butterscotch.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 10:38:38 AM UTC-8, Christopher M. wrote:
> I'm a big fan of Jelly Belly candy. But their "peas and carrots" candy is
> like eating bubble gum--not _chewing_ bubblegum, _eating_ bubble gum.
>
> I also like Jolly Rancher but not their new chewy candies. Poor quality.
>
> I don't know. I think these companies must be outsourcing or something.
>

> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Responding to an earlier comment you made:

Christopher M.

2/2/13

"z z" > wrote in message

> My easter basket always had all the black licorice jelly beans-no else
> liked them :-)

I've acquired a tastes for black jelly beans. It took many years.

> Mix up a bowl of red apple and green apple Jelly Bellys, add miniature
> choc chips, Kraft caramel chips, and chopped pecans and you have a
> spectacular gourmet caramel apple on a spoon.

That does sound delicious.

Love those red apple Jelly Bellys, and caramel. Maybe a little butterscotch.

I've acquired my own taste for Circus Peanuts and some other strange candies.
I happen also to like:
Mary Janes
Necco Wafers
(BOTH now by Necco)
Candy Corn
C.Howards Violet Candy
anything licorice
Annabelle'sTM Rocky Road

the two chicken candies (LOL)
Peeps
Chick O'Stick
All of those among the oddball nostalgia candies plus the usual "cool" Hersheys/Mars/Nestle etc.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 10:38:38 AM UTC-8, Christopher M. wrote:
> I'm a big fan of Jelly Belly candy. But their "peas and carrots" candy is
> like eating bubble gum--not _chewing_ bubblegum, _eating_ bubble gum.
>
> I also like Jolly Rancher but not their new chewy candies. Poor quality.
>
> I don't know. I think these companies must be outsourcing or something.
>

> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

PS I also LOVE Jelly Belly candies,too, much much better (more variety) than regular Jelly beans. As I've said, I have a huge passion for ANYTHING licorice.

Didn't even know of Jolly Rancher (HARD candies if ever there were some) SOFT candies.