Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Pyrex on Glass Ceramic Cooktop?

Is it possible to use a Pyrex double boiler on a glass ceramic
cooktop without using the wire spider underneath it (a requirement
when using it on a coil-type element)?

TIA

Trent

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 19 Dec 2012 13:04:13 GMT, Trent Stevens >
wrote:

> Is it possible to use a Pyrex double boiler on a glass ceramic
> cooktop without using the wire spider underneath it (a requirement
> when using it on a coil-type element)?

My motto when it comes to that is "better safe than sorry", so if you
won't mind cleaning up the mess if it explodes on you - go ahead.
Otherwise, use real pots and pans that aren't a glasslike substance.