Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Silly restaurant names?

In Radcliff KY we used to have the Phouc King Chinese Buffet. It's long
been closed.

In Louisville we had the Panda House which logo had two very happy
smiling pandas one on top of each other (they looked like they were
hugging kinda) and we just called it the F-ing Pandas. They tore that
one down about ten years ago and built a wholesome dairy queen.

The owners of the buffet now have a chinese grocery store here in
Louisville called Binh Phouc Oriental Foods (you know what we call that one)

Anyhow nothing beats the My Dung chinese restaurant in rosemead
california. Like calling up all my friends and saying "Hey guys lets go
eat at my dung" you can google that one.

Another one I saw in NY is Da Dong restaraunt.

Wonder if they realize that things get lost in translation.

Allen

> And it's pronounced "FooKET

Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2012-12-19 04:47:33 +0000, Allen Prunty said:

> The owners of the buffet now have a chinese grocery store here in
> Louisville called Binh Phouc Oriental Foods (you know what we call that
> one)

A Chinese grocery store with a Vietnamese name. Interesting.