Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Rutabaga soup

Anybody got a killer recipe?

Someone mentioned it in another thread and reminded me I have one to
use today.

My thoughts were to go with turkey stock- red beans- a bunch of
carrots- maybe some potato. . .

I'm going back and forth on cubing and roasting or just grinding as is
my wife's inclination.

Jim
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 16 Dec 2012 08:22:13 -0500, Jim Elbrecht >
wrote:

>Anybody got a killer recipe?
>
>Someone mentioned it in another thread and reminded me I have one to
>use today.
>
>My thoughts were to go with turkey stock- red beans- a bunch of
>carrots- maybe some potato. . .
>
>I'm going back and forth on cubing and roasting or just grinding as is
>my wife's inclination.

My favorite way to eat rutabaga is raw as crudites or shredded made
into a slaw. There are lots of creamed rutabaga soup recipes but I
don't like any pureed/creamed soups... I would add diced rutabaga to a
vegetable beef soup... this would work for me:
http://www.eatingoutloud.com/2011/12...up-recipe.html