Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Costco Black Friday

Used to be there were no lines at Costco on Black Friday because they
ran no specials. When I got there at 9 a.m. this morning the line
stretched from the front door all the way back past the garden center.
Fortunately, by the time I walked to the back of the line, they had
opened the door and the crowd moved rapidly indoors. Everyone jammed
up in the front where the TVs were and a little further down where
coats, jeans etc. were specialed. I wanted their annual cookbook, a
few groceries and I was looking for the wallet that they had on
special. Once you got to the food section, there was no one there.
Bingo! All the big boy Foster Farm turkeys were $.49/pound and the 3
dollar a pound organic turkeys were $.89 per pound. I looked at the
big turkeys for a long time, walked away and finally came back. I
just couldn't pass up $.49 per pound protein I've just finished
cutting him up into drums, thighs, wings, back and the full breast.
There are lots of applications for those pieces over the coming
months. Wrestling with a 25-pound bird is a lot different than
cutting up a 4-pound chicken ;o)
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 23 Nov 2012 12:36:03 -0700, Janet Bostwick
> wrote:

> All the big boy Foster Farm turkeys were $.49/pound and the 3
> dollar a pound organic turkeys were $.89 per pound. I looked at the
> big turkeys for a long time, walked away and finally came back. I
> just couldn't pass up $.49 per pound protein I've just finished
> cutting him up into drums, thighs, wings, back and the full breast.
> There are lots of applications for those pieces over the coming
> months. Wrestling with a 25-pound bird is a lot different than
> cutting up a 4-pound chicken ;o)

I don't have room to store a 25lb turkey, but those prices are very
compelling! Maybe I could find a small one to roast. We're wishing
we had leftovers already!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Bostwick" > wrote in message

> Used to be there were no lines at Costco on Black Friday because they
> ran no specials. When I got there at 9 a.m. this morning the line
> stretched from the front door all the way back past the garden center.
> Fortunately, by the time I walked to the back of the line, they had
> opened the door and the crowd moved rapidly indoors. Everyone jammed
> up in the front where the TVs were and a little further down where
> coats, jeans etc. were specialed. I wanted their annual cookbook, a
> few groceries and I was looking for the wallet that they had on
> special. Once you got to the food section, there was no one there.
> Bingo! All the big boy Foster Farm turkeys were $.49/pound and the 3
> dollar a pound organic turkeys were $.89 per pound. I looked at the
> big turkeys for a long time, walked away and finally came back. I
> just couldn't pass up $.49 per pound protein I've just finished
> cutting him up into drums, thighs, wings, back and the full breast.
> There are lots of applications for those pieces over the coming
> months. Wrestling with a 25-pound bird is a lot different than
> cutting up a 4-pound chicken ;o)
> Janet US

We did not wait in line because they had more lines open than usual. I got
lucky with the parking as well. Got one near the door right away. Same for
Target and Big Lots. We didn't need any of the Black Friday stuff. Just
our usual shopping and sort of an emergency purchase for my dad. Daughter
wanted to stop at Big Lots because she thought the ad looked good but it
wasn't and their power went out just after we checked out. The power was on
all around them. Seemed to be just there. But we did get some really good
deals on what my dad needed from Target and we did get the Costco cookbook.

Black Friday Walmart darensammy General 0 25-04-2011 10:14 PM
Black Friday Ads darensammy General 0 25-04-2011 10:13 PM
Black Friday darensammy General 0 25-04-2011 10:12 PM
Black Olive Pancakes for Black Friday Breakfast Dan L General Cooking 3 28-11-2010 01:46 AM
Black Friday purchase Andy General Cooking 72 03-12-2004 08:27 AM