FoodBanter.com

-   -   Flexitol, has the formula changed? (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/421038-re-flexitol-has-formula.html)

Julie Bove[_2_] 12-11-2012 07:04 AM

"Jean B." > wrote in message
>I wouldn't ask this here, but some of the folks on this group agreed that
>Flexitol was the best thing for dry feet. I have been using it for a few
>years, and until the last tube it was great. The tubes last a LONG time, so
>I don't know when the change (if there was a change) occurred.
>Unfortunately, I threw out the old box and tube before I noticed an issue.
>The substance in the new tube just is not working as well at all. Has
>anyone else observed this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jean B.

I think they may have changed it. I can't really see how this would help
dry feet. Unless there is more than one formula. I bought this for
psoriasis. Just got it maybe 2 weeks ago and bought it online. After I got
it I thought it looked familiar and perhaps I had tried it in the past. For
the psoriasis, it seems to be helping a little but really nothing I have
tried helps totally and they all seem to help a tiny bit. Anyway... When I
ordered this stuff I think it said it was new.

Jean B.[_1_] 12-11-2012 08:39 PM

Julie Bove wrote:
> "Jean B." > wrote in message
>> I wouldn't ask this here, but some of the folks on this group agreed that
>> Flexitol was the best thing for dry feet. I have been using it for a few
>> years, and until the last tube it was great. The tubes last a LONG time, so
>> I don't know when the change (if there was a change) occurred.
>> Unfortunately, I threw out the old box and tube before I noticed an issue.
>> The substance in the new tube just is not working as well at all. Has
>> anyone else observed this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jean B.

> I think they may have changed it. I can't really see how this would help
> dry feet. Unless there is more than one formula. I bought this for
> psoriasis. Just got it maybe 2 weeks ago and bought it online. After I got
> it I thought it looked familiar and perhaps I had tried it in the past. For
> the psoriasis, it seems to be helping a little but really nothing I have
> tried helps totally and they all seem to help a tiny bit. Anyway... When I
> ordered this stuff I think it said it was new.

Maybe that is a different Flexitol product? Have you ever tried
Dovonex (if you can't look it up, I will check the spelling)? It
requires a prescription. My daughter's father used it for a
while, and it seemed to help him.

Julie Bove[_2_] 12-11-2012 10:41 PM

"Jean B." > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:
>> "Jean B." > wrote in message
>>> I wouldn't ask this here, but some of the folks on this group agreed
>>> that Flexitol was the best thing for dry feet. I have been using it for
>>> a few years, and until the last tube it was great. The tubes last a LONG
>>> time, so I don't know when the change (if there was a change) occurred.
>>> Unfortunately, I threw out the old box and tube before I noticed an
>>> issue. The substance in the new tube just is not working as well at all.
>>> Has anyone else observed this?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Jean B.

>> I think they may have changed it. I can't really see how this would help
>> dry feet. Unless there is more than one formula. I bought this for
>> psoriasis. Just got it maybe 2 weeks ago and bought it online. After I
>> got it I thought it looked familiar and perhaps I had tried it in the
>> past. For the psoriasis, it seems to be helping a little but really
>> nothing I have tried helps totally and they all seem to help a tiny bit.
>> Anyway... When I ordered this stuff I think it said it was new.

> Maybe that is a different Flexitol product? Have you ever tried Dovonex
> (if you can't look it up, I will check the spelling)? It requires a
> prescription. My daughter's father used it for a while, and it seemed to
> help him.

Not sure if I tried that or not. I know I have heard of it. None of the
prescription things I tried helped and all just thinned my skin too badly.