General Cooking (rec.food.cooking) For general food and cooking discussion. Foods of all kinds, food procurement, cooking methods and techniques, eating, etc.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 06-11-2012, 03:59 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,778
Default A very good chocolate chip cookie recipe

I used this, but I subbed 1/2 light brown sugar for the full amount of
white sugar. I also added salted chopped cashews. They turned out
perfectly, cooked on parchment paper lined cookie sheets. I doubled it.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/C...e-Chip-Cookies


  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 06-11-2012, 06:23 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,175
Default A very good chocolate chip cookie recipe

On Monday, November 5, 2012 9:58:30 PM UTC-7, Sqwertz wrote:
On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 22:59:52 -0500, Cheryl wrote:



I used this, but I subbed 1/2 light brown sugar for the full amount of


white sugar. I also added salted chopped cashews. They turned out


perfectly, cooked on parchment paper lined cookie sheets. I doubled it.




http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/C...e-Chip-Cookies




I don't think I've ever seen, nor heard of, coconut extract.



-sw


Good Lord, my mother used coconut extract fifty years ago...many stores
sold it. You must have lived a very protected life not to know these
things. Either that or you've been stoned most of your life.

  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 06-11-2012, 12:24 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 10,546
Default A very good chocolate chip cookie recipe

Sqwertz [email protected] wrote:
Cheryl wrote:

I used this, but I subbed 1/2 light brown sugar for the full amount of
white sugar. I also added salted chopped cashews. They turned out
perfectly, cooked on parchment paper lined cookie sheets. I doubled it.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/C...e-Chip-Cookies


I don't think I've ever seen, nor heard of, coconut extract.

-sw


Um, the recipe calls for flaked coconut

Living in a dwarf sized world... Google is a dwarf's friend:
http://www.mccormick.com/Products/Ex...t-Extract.aspx
http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/...ut-flavor-1-oz
But since there is no such thing as real coconut extract for the real
deal use real coconut:
http://cocolopez.com/
  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 06-11-2012, 12:28 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 10,546
Default A very good chocolate chip cookie recipe

On Mon, 5 Nov 2012 22:23:11 -0800 (PST), Roy
wrote:

On Monday, November 5, 2012 9:58:30 PM UTC-7, Sqwertz wrote:
On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 22:59:52 -0500, Cheryl wrote:



I used this, but I subbed 1/2 light brown sugar for the full amount of


white sugar. I also added salted chopped cashews. They turned out


perfectly, cooked on parchment paper lined cookie sheets. I doubled it.




http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/C...e-Chip-Cookies




I don't think I've ever seen, nor heard of, coconut extract.



-sw


Good Lord, my mother used coconut extract fifty years ago...many stores
sold it. You must have lived a very protected life not to know these
things. Either that or you've been stoned most of your life.


Actually there is no such thing as real coconut extract, they are all
imitation coconut flavoring, which leaves a horrid aftertaste... use
cream of coconut.
  #5 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 06-11-2012, 03:18 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 61,789
Default A very good chocolate chip cookie recipe

On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 22:59:52 -0500, Cheryl
wrote:

I used this, but I subbed 1/2 light brown sugar for the full amount of
white sugar. I also added salted chopped cashews. They turned out
perfectly, cooked on parchment paper lined cookie sheets. I doubled it.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/C...e-Chip-Cookies


Mmm. Coconut! I'm trying that recipe, thanks.

--
Food is an important part of a balanced diet.


  #6 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 06-11-2012, 04:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,778
Default A very good chocolate chip cookie recipe

On 11/5/2012 11:58 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 22:59:52 -0500, Cheryl wrote:

I used this, but I subbed 1/2 light brown sugar for the full amount of
white sugar. I also added salted chopped cashews. They turned out
perfectly, cooked on parchment paper lined cookie sheets. I doubled it.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/C...e-Chip-Cookies


I don't think I've ever seen, nor heard of, coconut extract.

-sw

I used vanilla extract.
  #7 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 06-11-2012, 09:33 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 11,599
Default A very good chocolate chip cookie recipe

Brooklyn1 wrote:
On Mon, 5 Nov 2012 22:23:11 -0800 (PST), Roy
wrote:

On Monday, November 5, 2012 9:58:30 PM UTC-7, Sqwertz wrote:
On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 22:59:52 -0500, Cheryl wrote:



I used this, but I subbed 1/2 light brown sugar for the full amount of
white sugar. I also added salted chopped cashews. They turned out
perfectly, cooked on parchment paper lined cookie sheets. I doubled it.
http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/C...e-Chip-Cookies


I don't think I've ever seen, nor heard of, coconut extract.



-sw

Good Lord, my mother used coconut extract fifty years ago...many stores
sold it. You must have lived a very protected life not to know these
things. Either that or you've been stoned most of your life.


Actually there is no such thing as real coconut extract, they are all
imitation coconut flavoring, which leaves a horrid aftertaste... use
cream of coconut.


Some are natural extracts--e.g., the Bakto Flavors one. See:

http://baktoflavors.com/product/product-1-2/

I had not heard of this company, but they have some flavors that I
have not seen before, which could be useful.

  #8 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 06-11-2012, 11:55 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,778
Default A very good chocolate chip cookie recipe

On 11/6/2012 4:33 PM, Jean B. wrote:

Some are natural extracts--e.g., the Bakto Flavors one. See:

http://baktoflavors.com/product/product-1-2/

I had not heard of this company, but they have some flavors that I have
not seen before, which could be useful.


Nice find! If you order any, please let me know how they are.
  #9 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 07-11-2012, 02:46 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 11,599
Default A very good chocolate chip cookie recipe

Cheryl wrote:
On 11/6/2012 4:33 PM, Jean B. wrote:

Some are natural extracts--e.g., the Bakto Flavors one. See:

http://baktoflavors.com/product/product-1-2/

I had not heard of this company, but they have some flavors that I have
not seen before, which could be useful.


Nice find! If you order any, please let me know how they are.


I am not much for ordering online, but I am intrigued by the
pistachio extract. I still haven't wandered in to look at my
Wagner's CE.

  #10 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 07-11-2012, 04:54 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 61,789
Default A very good chocolate chip cookie recipe

On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 21:46:39 -0500, "Jean B." wrote:

Cheryl wrote:
On 11/6/2012 4:33 PM, Jean B. wrote:

Some are natural extracts--e.g., the Bakto Flavors one. See:

http://baktoflavors.com/product/product-1-2/

I had not heard of this company, but they have some flavors that I have
not seen before, which could be useful.


Nice find! If you order any, please let me know how they are.


I am not much for ordering online, but I am intrigued by the
pistachio extract. I still haven't wandered in to look at my
Wagner's CE.


If you ever try the pistachio extract, please post how you used it!

--
Food is an important part of a balanced diet.


  #11 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-11-2012, 01:03 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 11,599
Default A very good chocolate chip cookie recipe

sf wrote:
On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 21:46:39 -0500, "Jean B." wrote:

Cheryl wrote:
On 11/6/2012 4:33 PM, Jean B. wrote:
Some are natural extracts--e.g., the Bakto Flavors one. See:

http://baktoflavors.com/product/product-1-2/

I had not heard of this company, but they have some flavors that I have
not seen before, which could be useful.
Nice find! If you order any, please let me know how they are.

I am not much for ordering online, but I am intrigued by the
pistachio extract. I still haven't wandered in to look at my
Wagner's CE.


If you ever try the pistachio extract, please post how you used it!

IF I get it. I have seen that it was available in days of yore
and wasn't too happy that it had disappeared. OTOH, I am so used
to almond being used with pistachio... Or maybe rose.

--
  #12 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-11-2012, 02:17 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 61,789
Default A very good chocolate chip cookie recipe

On Wed, 07 Nov 2012 20:03:58 -0500, "Jean B." wrote:

sf wrote:
On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 21:46:39 -0500, "Jean B." wrote:

Cheryl wrote:
On 11/6/2012 4:33 PM, Jean B. wrote:
Some are natural extracts--e.g., the Bakto Flavors one. See:

http://baktoflavors.com/product/product-1-2/

I had not heard of this company, but they have some flavors that I have
not seen before, which could be useful.
Nice find! If you order any, please let me know how they are.
I am not much for ordering online, but I am intrigued by the
pistachio extract. I still haven't wandered in to look at my
Wagner's CE.


If you ever try the pistachio extract, please post how you used it!

IF I get it. I have seen that it was available in days of yore
and wasn't too happy that it had disappeared. OTOH, I am so used
to almond being used with pistachio... Or maybe rose.


If you're stuck with mail order, you might want to check out this
website first.
http://www.olivenation.com/Pure-Pist...FW-CQgod-GAAuQ
Even if you don't order from there, check out the recipes. You might
find something you like.

--
Food is an important part of a balanced diet.
  #13 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-11-2012, 02:22 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 61,789
Default A very good chocolate chip cookie recipe

On Wed, 07 Nov 2012 20:03:58 -0500, "Jean B." wrote:

sf wrote:
On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 21:46:39 -0500, "Jean B." wrote:

Cheryl wrote:
On 11/6/2012 4:33 PM, Jean B. wrote:
Some are natural extracts--e.g., the Bakto Flavors one. See:

http://baktoflavors.com/product/product-1-2/

I had not heard of this company, but they have some flavors that I have
not seen before, which could be useful.
Nice find! If you order any, please let me know how they are.
I am not much for ordering online, but I am intrigued by the
pistachio extract. I still haven't wandered in to look at my
Wagner's CE.


If you ever try the pistachio extract, please post how you used it!

IF I get it. I have seen that it was available in days of yore
and wasn't too happy that it had disappeared. OTOH, I am so used
to almond being used with pistachio... Or maybe rose.


PS: I should have said explicitly that the pistachio in the website
above sells is "flavoring", not an extract, but the website I gave you
sells pure pistachio extract. Check it out.

--
Food is an important part of a balanced diet.
  #14 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-11-2012, 06:41 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 11,599
Default A very good chocolate chip cookie recipe

sf wrote:
On Wed, 07 Nov 2012 20:03:58 -0500, "Jean B." wrote:

sf wrote:
On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 21:46:39 -0500, "Jean B." wrote:

Cheryl wrote:
On 11/6/2012 4:33 PM, Jean B. wrote:
Some are natural extracts--e.g., the Bakto Flavors one. See:

http://baktoflavors.com/product/product-1-2/

I had not heard of this company, but they have some flavors that I have
not seen before, which could be useful.
Nice find! If you order any, please let me know how they are.
I am not much for ordering online, but I am intrigued by the
pistachio extract. I still haven't wandered in to look at my
Wagner's CE.
If you ever try the pistachio extract, please post how you used it!

IF I get it. I have seen that it was available in days of yore
and wasn't too happy that it had disappeared. OTOH, I am so used
to almond being used with pistachio... Or maybe rose.


If you're stuck with mail order, you might want to check out this
website first.
http://www.olivenation.com/Pure-Pist...FW-CQgod-GAAuQ
Even if you don't order from there, check out the recipes. You might
find something you like.

Ooooooo! Thanks!


  #15 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-11-2012, 08:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,324
Default A very good chocolate chip cookie recipe

On Mon, 5 Nov 2012 22:58:26 -0600, Sqwertz
wrote:

On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 22:59:52 -0500, Cheryl wrote:

I used this, but I subbed 1/2 light brown sugar for the full amount of
white sugar. I also added salted chopped cashews. They turned out
perfectly, cooked on parchment paper lined cookie sheets. I doubled it.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/C...e-Chip-Cookies


I don't think I've ever seen, nor heard of, coconut extract.

-sw


You can find it here www.apinchofspices.com ;-)

koko
--
Food is our common ground, a universal experience
James Beard

www.kokoscornerblog.com

Natural Watkins Spices
www.apinchofspices.com


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking For "Chewy" Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe-Not Soft Or Crisp Judy Haffner General Cooking 117 12-10-2011 06:30 PM
Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Jason Cheal Recipes (moderated) 0 09-06-2007 04:59 AM
Chocolate Chip Cookie donbenn Recipes 2 09-04-2006 04:23 PM
Nestle OATMEAL chocolate chip cookie recipe Chet Cook General Cooking 2 11-02-2004 08:37 PM
Request - Soft Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Baking 15 14-11-2003 07:26 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2020 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017