FoodBanter.com

-   -   A very good chocolate chip cookie recipe (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/420932-very-good-chocolate-chip.html)

Cheryl[_3_] 06-11-2012 03:59 AM

A very good chocolate chip cookie recipe

I used this, but I subbed 1/2 light brown sugar for the full amount of
white sugar. I also added salted chopped cashews. They turned out
perfectly, cooked on parchment paper lined cookie sheets. I doubled it.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/C...e-Chip-Cookies

Roy[_2_] 06-11-2012 06:23 AM

On Monday, November 5, 2012 9:58:30 PM UTC-7, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 22:59:52 -0500, Cheryl wrote:
>

> > I used this, but I subbed 1/2 light brown sugar for the full amount of

> > white sugar. I also added salted chopped cashews. They turned out

> > perfectly, cooked on parchment paper lined cookie sheets. I doubled it.

> > http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/C...e-Chip-Cookies

> I don't think I've ever seen, nor heard of, coconut extract.
>

> -sw

Good Lord, my mother used coconut extract fifty years ago...many stores
sold it. You must have lived a very protected life not to know these
things. Either that or you've been stoned most of your life.

Brooklyn1 06-11-2012 12:24 PM

Sqwertz <swertz@clueless> wrote:
>Cheryl wrote:
>
>> I used this, but I subbed 1/2 light brown sugar for the full amount of
>> white sugar. I also added salted chopped cashews. They turned out
>> perfectly, cooked on parchment paper lined cookie sheets. I doubled it.
>>
>> http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/C...e-Chip-Cookies

>I don't think I've ever seen, nor heard of, coconut extract.
>
>-sw

Um, the recipe calls for flaked coconut

Living in a dwarf sized world... Google is a dwarf's friend:
http://www.mccormick.com/Products/Ex...t-Extract.aspx
http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/...ut-flavor-1-oz
But since there is no such thing as real coconut extract for the real
deal use real coconut:
http://cocolopez.com/

Brooklyn1 06-11-2012 12:28 PM

A very good chocolate chip cookie recipe

On Mon, 5 Nov 2012 22:23:11 -0800 (PST), Roy >
wrote:

>On Monday, November 5, 2012 9:58:30 PM UTC-7, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 22:59:52 -0500, Cheryl wrote:
>>

>> > I used this, but I subbed 1/2 light brown sugar for the full amount of

>> > white sugar. I also added salted chopped cashews. They turned out

>> > perfectly, cooked on parchment paper lined cookie sheets. I doubled it.

>> > http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/C...e-Chip-Cookies

>> I don't think I've ever seen, nor heard of, coconut extract.
>>

>> -sw

>Good Lord, my mother used coconut extract fifty years ago...many stores
>sold it. You must have lived a very protected life not to know these
>things. Either that or you've been stoned most of your life.

Actually there is no such thing as real coconut extract, they are all
imitation coconut flavoring, which leaves a horrid aftertaste... use
cream of coconut.

sf[_9_] 06-11-2012 03:18 PM

wrote:

> I used this, but I subbed 1/2 light brown sugar for the full amount of
> white sugar. I also added salted chopped cashews. They turned out
> perfectly, cooked on parchment paper lined cookie sheets. I doubled it.
>
> http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/C...e-Chip-Cookies

Mmm. Coconut! I'm trying that recipe, thanks.

Cheryl[_3_] 06-11-2012 04:23 PM

On 11/5/2012 11:58 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 22:59:52 -0500, Cheryl wrote:
>
>> I used this, but I subbed 1/2 light brown sugar for the full amount of
>> white sugar. I also added salted chopped cashews. They turned out
>> perfectly, cooked on parchment paper lined cookie sheets. I doubled it.
>>
>> http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/C...e-Chip-Cookies

> I don't think I've ever seen, nor heard of, coconut extract.
>
> -sw

I used vanilla extract.

Jean B.[_1_] 06-11-2012 09:33 PM

Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Nov 2012 22:23:11 -0800 (PST), Roy >
> wrote:

>>> I don't think I've ever seen, nor heard of, coconut extract.
>>>

>>> -sw

>> Good Lord, my mother used coconut extract fifty years ago...many stores
>> sold it. You must have lived a very protected life not to know these
>> things. Either that or you've been stoned most of your life.

> Actually there is no such thing as real coconut extract, they are all
> imitation coconut flavoring, which leaves a horrid aftertaste... use
> cream of coconut.

Some are natural extracts--e.g., the Bakto Flavors one. See:

<http://baktoflavors.com/product/product-1-2/>

I had not heard of this company, but they have some flavors that I
have not seen before, which could be useful.

Cheryl[_3_] 06-11-2012 11:55 PM

On 11/6/2012 4:33 PM, Jean B. wrote:

> Some are natural extracts--e.g., the Bakto Flavors one. See:
>
> <http://baktoflavors.com/product/product-1-2/>
>
> I had not heard of this company, but they have some flavors that I have
> not seen before, which could be useful.

Nice find! If you order any, please let me know how they are.

Jean B.[_1_] 07-11-2012 02:46 AM

Cheryl wrote:
> On 11/6/2012 4:33 PM, Jean B. wrote:
>>
>> Some are natural extracts--e.g., the Bakto Flavors one. See:
>>
>> <http://baktoflavors.com/product/product-1-2/>
>>
>> I had not heard of this company, but they have some flavors that I have
>> not seen before, which could be useful.

> Nice find! If you order any, please let me know how they are.

I am not much for ordering online, but I am intrigued by the
pistachio extract. I still haven't wandered in to look at my
Wagner's CE.

sf[_9_] 07-11-2012 04:54 AM

On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 21:46:39 -0500, "Jean B." > wrote:

> Cheryl wrote:
> > On 11/6/2012 4:33 PM, Jean B. wrote:
> >>
> >> Some are natural extracts--e.g., the Bakto Flavors one. See:
> >>
> >> <http://baktoflavors.com/product/product-1-2/>
> >>
> >> I had not heard of this company, but they have some flavors that I have
> >> not seen before, which could be useful.

> > Nice find! If you order any, please let me know how they are.

> I am not much for ordering online, but I am intrigued by the
> pistachio extract. I still haven't wandered in to look at my
> Wagner's CE.

If you ever try the pistachio extract, please post how you used it!

Jean B.[_1_] 08-11-2012 01:03 AM

sf wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 21:46:39 -0500, "Jean B." > wrote:
>
>> Cheryl wrote:

>>> Nice find! If you order any, please let me know how they are.

>> I am not much for ordering online, but I am intrigued by the
>> pistachio extract. I still haven't wandered in to look at my
>> Wagner's CE.

> If you ever try the pistachio extract, please post how you used it!

IF I get it. I have seen that it was available in days of yore
and wasn't too happy that it had disappeared. OTOH, I am so used
to almond being used with pistachio... Or maybe rose.

sf[_9_] 08-11-2012 02:17 AM

On Wed, 07 Nov 2012 20:03:58 -0500, "Jean B." > wrote:

> sf wrote:

> >> I am not much for ordering online, but I am intrigued by the
> >> pistachio extract. I still haven't wandered in to look at my
> >> Wagner's CE.

> > If you ever try the pistachio extract, please post how you used it!
> >

> IF I get it. I have seen that it was available in days of yore
> and wasn't too happy that it had disappeared. OTOH, I am so used
> to almond being used with pistachio... Or maybe rose.

If you're stuck with mail order, you might want to check out this
website first.
http://www.olivenation.com/Pure-Pist...FW-CQgod-GAAuQ
Even if you don't order from there, check out the recipes. You might
find something you like. :)

sf[_9_] 08-11-2012 02:22 AM

A very good chocolate chip cookie recipe

On Wed, 07 Nov 2012 20:03:58 -0500, "Jean B." > wrote:

> sf wrote:

> >> I am not much for ordering online, but I am intrigued by the
> >> pistachio extract. I still haven't wandered in to look at my
> >> Wagner's CE.

> > If you ever try the pistachio extract, please post how you used it!
> >

> IF I get it. I have seen that it was available in days of yore
> and wasn't too happy that it had disappeared. OTOH, I am so used
> to almond being used with pistachio... Or maybe rose.

PS: I should have said explicitly that the pistachio in the website
above sells is "flavoring", not an extract, but the website I gave you
sells pure pistachio extract. Check it out. :)

Jean B.[_1_] 08-11-2012 06:41 PM

sf wrote:
> On Wed, 07 Nov 2012 20:03:58 -0500, "Jean B." > wrote:
>
>> sf wrote:

>>> If you ever try the pistachio extract, please post how you used it!
>>>

>> IF I get it. I have seen that it was available in days of yore
>> and wasn't too happy that it had disappeared. OTOH, I am so used
>> to almond being used with pistachio... Or maybe rose.

> If you're stuck with mail order, you might want to check out this
> website first.
> http://www.olivenation.com/Pure-Pist...FW-CQgod-GAAuQ
> Even if you don't order from there, check out the recipes. You might
> find something you like. :)

Ooooooo! Thanks!

[email protected] 08-11-2012 08:50 PM

A very good chocolate chip cookie recipe

On Mon, 5 Nov 2012 22:58:26 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 22:59:52 -0500, Cheryl wrote:
>
>> I used this, but I subbed 1/2 light brown sugar for the full amount of
>> white sugar. I also added salted chopped cashews. They turned out
>> perfectly, cooked on parchment paper lined cookie sheets. I doubled it.
>>
>> http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/C...e-Chip-Cookies

>I don't think I've ever seen, nor heard of, coconut extract.
>
>-sw

You can find it here www.apinchofspices.com ;-)

koko
James Beard