Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

Default Vegetarian Breakfast Sausage (meatless sausage)

On Wed, 24 Oct 2012 14:30:52 -0700, Dutch > wrote:

>dh@. wrote:
>> IF you honestly favor AW over elimination

>Those are not the alternatives, you are collapsing two decisions into
>one. By doing so you make your argument nonsensical.
>
>1. I favor continuation (of livestock breeding) over elimination (of
>domestic livestock species).
>
>2. I favor "AW" over neglect of animal needs or outright abuse.
>
>People who do not say yes to 1. are not faced with decision 2. at all.
>They cannot be accused of "not supporting AW", because, first, their
>lifestyles don't introduce the possibility of animal neglect or abuse,
>and secondly, they may well be an advocate and supporter of "AW" by
>means of deliberate third party actions, which many are.
>
>Of course you've seen this indisputable argument a hundred times at
>least and you never get it, so you won't now.

Of course I do get it which is why I say they don't support it with their
lifestlye which they don't. Try explaining why you want people to think they
would contribute to things through financial donations that they deliberately
avoid contributing to with their lifestyle.
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On 11/1/2012 8:58 AM, dh@. wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Oct 2012 14:30:52 -0700, Dutch > wrote:
>
>> dh@. wrote:
>>> IF you honestly favor AW over elimination

>> Those are not the alternatives, you are collapsing two decisions into
>> one. By doing so you make your argument nonsensical.
>>
>> 1. I favor continuation (of livestock breeding) over elimination (of
>> domestic livestock species).
>>
>> 2. I favor "AW" over neglect of animal needs or outright abuse.
>>
>> People who do not say yes to 1. are not faced with decision 2. at all.
>> They cannot be accused of "not supporting AW", because, first, their
>> lifestyles don't introduce the possibility of animal neglect or abuse,
>> and secondly, they may well be an advocate and supporter of "AW" by
>> means of deliberate third party actions, which many are.
>>
>> Of course you've seen this indisputable argument a hundred times at
>> least and you never get it, so you won't now.

> Of course I do get it which is why I say they don't support it with their
> lifestlye which they don't.

Meaningless. No one is obliged to buy animal products. Not buying them
has no ethical meaning.