Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default tea bagging

Does tea go bad?

My brother would re-use his a couple times... I don't drink that much tea,
so it's usually a few days between uses. But with this cold snap, had a
couple the last couple days... Green Tea, caffeine free... my mom would
always say about food: if in doubt, throw it out.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 9, 10:03*am, "Somebody" > wrote:
> Does tea go bad?
>
> My brother would re-use his a couple times... *I don't drink that much tea,
> so it's usually a few days between uses. *But with this cold snap, had a
> couple the last couple days... *Green Tea, caffeine free... *my mom would
> always say about food: *if in doubt, throw it out.

Must be from the USA
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.sport.football.college,rec.food.cooking

"Helpful person" > wrote

> Does tea go bad?
>
> My brother would re-use his a couple times... I don't drink that much tea,
> so it's usually a few days between uses. But with this cold snap, had a
> couple the last couple days... Green Tea, caffeine free... my mom would
> always say about food: if in doubt, throw it out.

<
<Must be from the USA

Tea bagging means something *entirely* different in the USA.

--Tedward

Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.sport.football.college,rec.food.cooking

On 09/10/2012 2:33 PM, The Undead Edward M. Kennedy wrote:
> "Helpful person" > wrote
>
>> Does tea go bad?
>>
>> My brother would re-use his a couple times... I don't drink that much tea,
>> so it's usually a few days between uses. But with this cold snap, had a
>> couple the last couple days... Green Tea, caffeine free... my mom would
>> always say about food: if in doubt, throw it out.

> <
> <Must be from the USA
>
> Tea bagging means something *entirely* different in the USA.
>
> --Tedward

I am sure the idiot knew that when he cross posted it.

Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.sport.football.college,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 9, 1:31*pm, Dave Smith > wrote:
> On 09/10/2012 2:33 PM, The Undead Edward M. Kennedy wrote:
>
> I am sure the idiot knew that when he cross posted it.

Probably. However, this idiot didn't.

http://www.richardfisher.com

Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.sport.football.college,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 9, 2:33*pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" > wrote:

> Tea bagging means something *entirely* different in the USA.

Do the teabag:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJIEKd_XepU
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Somebody" > wrote in message ...
> Does tea go bad?
>
> My brother would re-use his a couple times... I don't drink that much
> tea, so it's usually a few days between uses. But with this cold snap,
> had a couple the last couple days... Green Tea, caffeine free... my mom
> would always say about food: if in doubt, throw it out.

OMG! Apparently you don't know what that term means!

And yes, tea does go bad. I am not sure how long it will keep for.
Probably a year or two after it is picked.

As for reusing the bags, this was a common practice during the depression.
But each cup will be weaker and weaker.

Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.sport.football.college,rec.food.cooking

"The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" > wrote in message
> "Helpful person" > wrote
>
>> Does tea go bad?
>>
>> My brother would re-use his a couple times... I don't drink that much
>> tea,
>> so it's usually a few days between uses. But with this cold snap, had a
>> couple the last couple days... Green Tea, caffeine free... my mom would
>> always say about food: if in doubt, throw it out.

> <
> <Must be from the USA
>
> Tea bagging means something *entirely* different in the USA.

Yes, it does.

Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.sport.football.college,rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote

>>> Does tea go bad?
>>>
>>> My brother would re-use his a couple times... I don't drink that much tea,
>>> so it's usually a few days between uses. But with this cold snap, had a
>>> couple the last couple days... Green Tea, caffeine free... my mom would
>>> always say about food: if in doubt, throw it out.

>> <
>> <Must be from the USA
>>
>> Tea bagging means something *entirely* different in the USA.

> Yes, it does.

Sounds like personal experience!

--Tedward

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 9, 4:52*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "Somebody" > wrote in ....
> > Does tea go bad?

> > My brother would re-use his a couple times... *I don't drink that much
> > tea, so it's usually a few days between uses. *But with this cold snap,
> > had a couple the last couple days... *Green Tea, caffeine free... *my mom
> > would always say about food: *if in doubt, throw it out.

> OMG! *Apparently you don't know what that term means!

It means a dumbass who has bought into the whole Ayn Rand/trickle down/
the ultra rich are demi-gods who *create* jobs nonsense.

> And yes, tea does go bad. *I am not sure how long it will keep for.
> Probably a year or two after it is picked.

I don't think that it goes bad. The flavor just deteriorates
somewhat, especially if it isn't tightly sealed. It certainly isn't
going to become unhealthful.

> As for reusing the bags, this was a common practice during the depression..
> But each cup will be weaker and weaker.

Not just weaker, but inferior in flavor. I guess teabags are fine for
those who make one cup of hot tea at a time, but for larger
quantities, loose tea is far more economical. Last time I looked, a
KILOGRAM of green gunpowder tea was about $10 at an Asian grocery. A
kilo makes 200 or more gallons of iced tea, so 5 cents a gallon.

--Bryan

Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.sport.football.college,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 9, 2:33*pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" > wrote:
> "Helpful person" > wrote
>
> > Does tea go bad?

> > My brother would re-use his a couple times... I don't drink that much tea,
> > so it's usually a few days between uses. But with this cold snap, had a
> > couple the last couple days... Green Tea, caffeine free... my mom would
> > always say about food: if in doubt, throw it out.

> <
> <Must be from the USA
>
> Tea bagging means something *entirely* different in the USA.
>
> --Tedward

please take your sexual preversions elsewhere, we do not tolerate this
kind of demented filth in our chatroom you heathen freak of nature.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> OMG! Apparently you don't know what that term means!
>
> And yes, tea does go bad. I am not sure how long it will keep for.
> Probably a year or two after it is picked.
>
> As for reusing the bags, this was a common practice during the depression.
> But each cup will be weaker and weaker.

I don't mind it being weak... I like it for the warmth. Sometimes, I just
hold the cup to warm my hands.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

How did this get cross-posted-- and why? Where is the Moderator?
***

I just wanted to know how long it was okay to re-use a tea bag.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Somebody" > wrote in message ...
> How did this get cross-posted-- and why? Where is the Moderator?
> ***
>
> I just wanted to know how long it was okay to re-use a tea bag.

Then why did you post the nasty subject?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" > wrote in message ...
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>

>> "Somebody" > wrote in message
>>> How did this get cross-posted-- and why? Where is the
>>> Moderator? ***
>>>
>>> I just wanted to know how long it was okay to re-use a tea
>>> bag.

>> Then why did you post the nasty subject?

> Julie,
>
> Nobody seems to misbelieve that his posts only appear his
> monitor and yours, the world view, in an instant, never being
> comprehended.
>
> He's earned a low-class world opinion, in record time, imho.
>
> Best,
>
> Andy

I think so.

Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.sport.football.college,rec.food.cooking

"Mr. N.A.Cho" > wrote

> > Does tea go bad?

> > My brother would re-use his a couple times... I don't drink that much tea,
> > so it's usually a few days between uses. But with this cold snap, had a
> > couple the last couple days... Green Tea, caffeine free... my mom would
> > always say about food: if in doubt, throw it out.

> <
> <Must be from the USA
>
> Tea bagging means something *entirely* different in the USA.

<
<please take your sexual preversions elsewhere, we do not tolerate this
<kind of demented filth in our chatroom you heathen freak of nature.

Net copping on the usenet is so 1993...

--Tedward

Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.sport.football.college,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 10:23*am, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" >
wrote:
> "Mr. N.A.Cho" > wrote
>
> > > Does tea go bad?

> > > My brother would re-use his a couple times... I don't drink that much tea,
> > > so it's usually a few days between uses. But with this cold snap, had a
> > > couple the last couple days... Green Tea, caffeine free... my mom would
> > > always say about food: if in doubt, throw it out.

> > <
> > <Must be from the USA

> > Tea bagging means something *entirely* different in the USA.

> <
> <please take your sexual preversions elsewhere, we do not tolerate this
> <kind of demented filth in our chatroom you heathen freak of nature.
>
> Net copping on the usenet is so 1993...
>
> --Tedward

Not too many people know that the term "teabagging"--that is, pressing
the scrotal sack against the forehead of of the "teabagee" became
popular after it was mentioned in the movie "Pecker" by John Waters.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0126604/
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.sport.football.college,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 8:35*am, unklbob > wrote:
> On Oct 10, 10:23*am, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" >
> wrote:
>

> > "Mr. N.A.Cho" > wrote

> > > <
> > > <Must be from the USA

> > > Tea bagging means something *entirely* different in the USA.

> > <
> > <please take your sexual preversions elsewhere, we do not tolerate this
> > <kind of demented filth in our chatroom you heathen freak of nature.

> > Net copping on the usenet is so 1993...

> > --Tedward

> Not too many people know that the term "teabagging"--that is, pressing
> the scrotal sack against the forehead of of the "teabagee" became
> popular after it was mentioned in the movie "Pecker" by John Waters.
>
> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0126604/

Is that something Goo and Dutch would like to do together?
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.sport.football.college,rec.food.cooking

"unklbob" > wrote

> > > Does tea go bad?

> > > My brother would re-use his a couple times... I don't drink that much tea,
> > > so it's usually a few days between uses. But with this cold snap, had a
> > > couple the last couple days... Green Tea, caffeine free... my mom would
> > > always say about food: if in doubt, throw it out.

> > <
> > <Must be from the USA

> > Tea bagging means something *entirely* different in the USA.

> <
> <please take your sexual preversions elsewhere, we do not tolerate this
> <kind of demented filth in our chatroom you heathen freak of nature.
>
> Net copping on the usenet is so 1993...
>
> --Tedward

Not too many people know that the term "teabagging"--that is, pressing
the scrotal sack against the forehead of of the "teabagee" became
popular after it was mentioned in the movie "Pecker" by John Waters.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0126604/

-----

Are you one of those "trolls" or whatever they are? Tea bagging is
when a man puts his nut inside woman's vagina.

--Tedward

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> I think so.

Then it must be true...

Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.sport.football.college,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 10:40*am, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" >
wrote:
> "unklbob" > wrote

> > > <
> > > <Must be from the USA

> > > Tea bagging means something *entirely* different in the USA.

> > <
> > <please take your sexual preversions elsewhere, we do not tolerate this
> > <kind of demented filth in our chatroom you heathen freak of nature.

> > Net copping on the usenet is so 1993...

> > --Tedward

> Not too many people know that the term "teabagging"--that is, pressing
> the scrotal sack against the forehead of of the "teabagee" became
> popular after it was mentioned in the movie "Pecker" by John Waters.
>
> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0126604/
>
> -----
>
> Are you one of those "trolls" or whatever they are? *Tea bagging is
> when a man puts his nut inside woman's vagina.
>
> --Tedward

No. It's when Dutch lowers his nutsack into Goo's waiting, gaping,
toothless piehole.
Senior Member

Yes Tea Bags are good for use it is more easy & best !!
Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2012-10-09 17:03:11 +0000, Somebody said:

> Does tea go bad?

Not the way cheese or meat goes bad, no.

> My brother would re-use his a couple times... I don't drink that much
> tea, so it's usually a few days between uses. But with this cold snap,
> had a couple the last couple days... Green Tea, caffeine free... my
> mom would always say about food: if in doubt, throw it out.

If you're in doubt, throw it out.

I use loose green tea, steep for a minute or 3 (two types of tea).
Sometimes I get a second cup out of either. But only over about two
days. I think it would likely be okay for as long as a week or so. But
since it is drying in the air, the flavor seems to go "pale" even
quicker. And as it has already been used once it is at least a little
"pale" already.

Nevertheless, if you're in doubt, about anything at all, throw it out.
It's just a pinch of tea leaves.

tea bagging Mr.Smartypants[_4_] Vegan 0 10-10-2012 05:07 PM
Brown Bagging Ideas Jayde General Cooking 4 10-08-2004 06:22 PM