Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

Default Vegetarian Breakfast Sausage (meatless sausage)

On Sep 21, 8:00*am, George Plimpton > wrote:
> On 9/20/2012 3:04 PM, Just.Some.guy wrote:
>
> > Check this out Its great
> >http://youtu.be/1LIyVBWaE_A

> It's shit. *It's unpalatable shit.

How would you be in a position to know?

> Why are "vegans" continually trying to make stuff look like and taste
> like meat? **Extremely* suspicious.

Why?

> No one likes "vegan" food - no one.

That's obvious rubbish.
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 8, 4:50*am, Rupert > wrote:
> On Sep 21, 8:00*am, George Plimpton > wrote:
>
> > On 9/20/2012 3:04 PM, Just.Some.guy wrote:

> > > Check this out Its great
> > >http://youtu.be/1LIyVBWaE_A

> > It's shit. *It's unpalatable shit.

> How would you be in a position to know?
>
> > Why are "vegans" continually trying to make stuff look like and taste
> > like meat? **Extremely* suspicious.

> Why?

Why do you think they call vegan meat Satan?
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 8, 5:45*pm, spamtrap1888 > wrote:
> On Oct 8, 4:50*am, Rupert > wrote:

> > > It's shit. *It's unpalatable shit.

> > How would you be in a position to know?

> > > Why are "vegans" continually trying to make stuff look like and taste
> > > like meat? **Extremely* suspicious.

> > Why?

> Why do you think they call vegan meat Satan?

I didn't realize they did call it that.
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 8, 9:01*am, Rupert > wrote:
> On Oct 8, 5:45*pm, spamtrap1888 > wrote:

> > > How would you be in a position to know?

> > > Why?

> > Why do you think they call vegan meat Satan?

> I didn't realize they did call it that.

They changed the spelling to throw people off the track.:

http://www.vrg.org/recipes/vjseitan.htm
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 8, 6:37*pm, spamtrap1888 > wrote:
> On Oct 8, 9:01*am, Rupert > wrote:

> > > Why do you think they call vegan meat Satan?

> > I didn't realize they did call it that.

> They changed the spelling to throw people off the track.:
>
> http://www.vrg.org/recipes/vjseitan.htm

You think they might have made some kind of pact with the devil?

Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On 10/8/2012 9:37 AM, spamtrap1888 wrote:
> On Oct 8, 9:01 am, Rupert > wrote:

>>> Why do you think they call vegan meat Satan?

>> I didn't realize they did call it that.

> They changed the spelling to throw people off the track.:
>
> http://www.vrg.org/recipes/vjseitan.htm

Ha ha ha ha ha - good one!

Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 8, 11:07*am, George Plimpton > wrote:
> On 10/8/2012 9:37 AM, spamtrap1888 wrote:

> >> I didn't realize they did call it that.

> > They changed the spelling to throw people off the track.:

> >http://www.vrg.org/recipes/vjseitan.htm

> Ha ha ha ha ha - good one!

Is this more of your unvaluable time you're wasting here, Goo? How
about blessing us with some of your valuable time that has propelled
you into the top 5% earners in America?
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 8, 7:07*pm, George Plimpton > wrote:
> On 10/8/2012 9:37 AM, spamtrap1888 wrote:

> >> I didn't realize they did call it that.

> > They changed the spelling to throw people off the track.:

> >http://www.vrg.org/recipes/vjseitan.htm

> Ha ha ha ha ha - good one!

You thought it was a good joke?
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On 10/9/2012 3:34 AM, Rupert wrote:
> On Oct 8, 7:07 pm, George Plimpton > wrote:

>>> They changed the spelling to throw people off the track.:

>>> http://www.vrg.org/recipes/vjseitan.htm

>> Ha ha ha ha ha - good one!

> You thought it was a good joke?

It was a great joke, especially because you fell for it.

Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 9, 5:03*pm, George Plimpton > wrote:
> On 10/9/2012 3:34 AM, Rupert wrote:

> >> Ha ha ha ha ha - good one!

> > You thought it was a good joke?

> It was a great joke, especially because you fell for it.

I don't really understand why you think I fell for it. Fell for what?

Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On 10/9/2012 8:12 AM, Rupert wrote:
> On Oct 9, 5:03 pm, George Plimpton > wrote:

>>> You thought it was a good joke?

>> It was a great joke, especially because you fell for it.

> I don't really understand why you think I fell for it.

Because I saw you fall for it. You fell right over.

Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 9, 9:43*am, George Plimpton > wrote:
> On 10/9/2012 8:12 AM, Rupert wrote:

> >> It was a great joke, especially because you fell for it.

> > I don't really understand why you think I fell for it.

> Because I saw you fall for it. *You fell right over.

What makes you think that, Goobs?
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 8 Oct 2012 04:49:59 -0700 (PDT), Rupert >
wrote:

>On Sep 21, 8:00*am, Goo wrote:
>> On 9/20/2012 3:04 PM, Just.Some.guy wrote:
>>
>> > Check this out Its great
>> >http://youtu.be/1LIyVBWaE_A

>> It's shit. *It's unpalatable shit.
>>

>How would you be in a position to know?
>
>> Why are "vegans" continually trying to make stuff look like and taste
>> like meat? **Extremely* suspicious.
>>

>Why?
>
>> No one likes "vegan" food - no one.

>That's obvious rubbish.

Most of you people who are supposedly ethical veg*ns probably always hated
the taste and idea of eating the flesh of animals for whatever personal reasons.
That's something you would have to learn to get over in order to advance to a
higher position in which you could actually contribute to decent lives for
livestock animals with your lifestyle, instead of only to the deaths of wildlife
as you are restricted to by that lifestyle. That fact plus the fact that no meat
consumer has reason to oppose considering livestock animals' lives plus the fact
that it's highly unlikely that a person would completely change their pov
entirely all of a sudden for no reason they can explain, are all very strong
reasons to feel the "Dutch" character is lying when he claims that he did
completely change his pov entirely all of a sudden for no reason he can explain
and also began eating meat. He's lying because he admires and wants to be like
Goo.
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 8 Oct 2012 09:37:18 -0700 (PDT), spamtrap1888 >
wrote:

>On Oct 8, 9:01*am, Rupert > wrote:

>> > Why do you think they call vegan meat Satan?

>> I didn't realize they did call it that.

>They changed the spelling to throw people off the track.:
>
>http://www.vrg.org/recipes/vjseitan.htm

It almost certainly involves more animal deaths than grass raised beef, and
in some cases grain fed beef. Not as bad as rice based products, but still worse
than grass raised beef if not grain fed as well.
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

****wit David Harrison, convicted felon who *CANNOT* present *any*
challenge, lied:

> On Mon, 8 Oct 2012 04:49:59 -0700 (PDT), Rupert >
> wrote:

>>> It's shit. It's unpalatable shit.
>>>

>> How would you be in a position to know?
>>
>>> Why are "vegans" continually trying to make stuff look like and taste
>>> like meat? *Extremely* suspicious.
>>>

>> Why?
>>
>>> No one likes "vegan" food - no one.

>> That's obvious rubbish.

> Most of you people who are supposedly ethical veg*ns probably

Shut up. Just note: I opposed "veganism", Goo.

Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

****wit David Harrison, convicted felon who *CANNOT* present *any*
challenge, lied:
> On Mon, 8 Oct 2012 09:37:18 -0700 (PDT), spamtrap1888 >
> wrote:

>>> I didn't realize they did call it that.

>> They changed the spelling to throw people off the track.:
>>
>> http://www.vrg.org/recipes/vjseitan.htm

> It almost certainly involves more animal deaths than grass raised beef,

Shut up. You don't eat grass-fed beef.

Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

dh@. wrote:
> no meat
> consumer has reason to oppose considering livestock animals' lives

Considering them what?
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 9, 5:43*pm, George Plimpton > wrote:
> On 10/9/2012 8:12 AM, Rupert wrote:

> >> It was a great joke, especially because you fell for it.

> > I don't really understand why you think I fell for it.

> Because I saw you fall for it. *You fell right over.

I don't understand what you mean. What happened was that I said I
didn't realize that they called vegan meat Satan, which is of course
true. At that stage I didn't realize that he wanted to make a pun on
the names of one of the mock meats, but then he explained himself.

Is that in some way "falling for" the joke? How would my response have
been different if I hadn't fallen for it?
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 9, 8:06*pm, dh@. wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Oct 2012 09:37:18 -0700 (PDT), spamtrap1888 >
> wrote:

> >> I didn't realize they did call it that.

> >They changed the spelling to throw people off the track.:

> >http://www.vrg.org/recipes/vjseitan.htm

> * * It almost certainly involves more animal deaths than grass raised beef, and
> in some cases grain fed beef. Not as bad as rice based products, but still worse
> than grass raised beef if not grain fed as well.

How do you know?
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On 10/10/2012 1:24 AM, Rupert wrote:
> On Oct 9, 5:43 pm, George Plimpton > wrote:

>>> I don't really understand why you think I fell for it.

>> Because I saw you fall for it. You fell right over.

> I don't understand what you mean. What happened was that I said I
> didn't realize that they called vegan meat Satan, which is of course
> true. At that stage I didn't realize that he wanted to make a pun on
> the names of one of the mock meats, but then he explained himself.

<chortle>

Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 4:21*pm, George Plimpton > wrote:
> On 10/10/2012 1:24 AM, Rupert wrote:

> >> Because I saw you fall for it. *You fell right over.

> > I don't understand what you mean. What happened was that I said I
> > didn't realize that they called vegan meat Satan, which is of course
> > true. At that stage I didn't realize that he wanted to make a pun on
> > the names of one of the mock meats, but then he explained himself.

> <chortle>

You don't seem to be willing to explain yourself.
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On 10/10/2012 7:22 AM, Rupert wrote:
> On Oct 10, 4:21 pm, George Plimpton > wrote:

>>> I don't understand what you mean. What happened was that I said I
>>> didn't realize that they called vegan meat Satan, which is of course
>>> true. At that stage I didn't realize that he wanted to make a pun on
>>> the names of one of the mock meats, but then he explained himself.

>> <chortle>

> You don't seem to be willing to explain yourself.

What's to explain? You're a dope, that's all.

Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 4:27*pm, George Plimpton > wrote:
> On 10/10/2012 7:22 AM, Rupert wrote:

> >> <chortle>

> > You don't seem to be willing to explain yourself.

> What's to explain? *You're a dope, that's all.

So you obviously believe, but I fail to understand what reasons you
think you have in favour of this view.
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On 10/10/2012 7:31 AM, Rupert wrote:
> On Oct 10, 4:27 pm, George Plimpton > wrote:

>>> You don't seem to be willing to explain yourself.

>> What's to explain? You're a dope, that's all.

> So you obviously believe, but I fail to understand what reasons you
> think you have in favour of this view.

Ha ha ha! You just gave yet another reason!

Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 10 Oct 2012 01:24:24 -0700 (PDT), Rupert >
wrote:

>On Oct 9, 8:06*pm, dh@. wrote:
>> On Mon, 8 Oct 2012 09:37:18 -0700 (PDT), spamtrap1888 >
>> wrote:

>> >They changed the spelling to throw people off the track.:

>> >http://www.vrg.org/recipes/vjseitan.htm

>> * * It almost certainly involves more animal deaths than grass raised beef, and
>> in some cases grain fed beef. Not as bad as rice based products, but still worse
>> than grass raised beef if not grain fed as well.

>How do you know?

The only way it could not is if there are no wildlife in the area where the
grain is grown. Of course with rice it's not a question due to the flooding and
draining in addition to all the machinery and chemical deaths.

Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 10 Oct 2012 07:22:28 -0700 (PDT), Rupert >
wrote:

>On Oct 10, 4:21*pm, Goo wrote:

>> > I don't understand what you mean. What happened was that I said I
>> > didn't realize that they called vegan meat Satan, which is of course
>> > true. At that stage I didn't realize that he wanted to make a pun on
>> > the names of one of the mock meats, but then he explained himself.

>> <chortle>

>You don't seem to be willing to explain yourself.

It appears that this is yet another challenge the Goober can't even pretend
to try to meet. You can apparently defeat him with it every time you present him
with it.
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 09 Oct 2012 12:47:12 -0700, Dutch > wrote:

>On Tue, 09 Oct 2012 13:58:11 -0400, dh@. wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 8 Oct 2012 04:49:59 -0700 (PDT), Rupert >
>>wrote:

>>>How would you be in a position to know?

>>>Why?

>>>That's obvious rubbish.

>> Most of you people who are supposedly ethical veg*ns probably always hated
>>the taste and idea of eating the flesh of animals for whatever personal reasons.
>>That's something you would have to learn to get over in order to advance to a
>>higher position in which you could actually contribute to decent lives for
>>livestock animals with your lifestyle, instead of only to the deaths of wildlife
>>as you are restricted to by that lifestyle. That fact plus the fact that no meat
>>consumer has reason to oppose considering livestock animals' lives

>Considering them what?

As much as or more than their deaths of course. Duh.

>>plus the fact
>>that it's highly unlikely that a person would completely change their pov
>>entirely all of a sudden for no reason they can explain, are all very strong
>>reasons to feel the "Dutch" character is lying when he claims that he did
>>completely change his pov entirely all of a sudden for no reason he can explain
>>and also began eating meat. He's lying because he admires and wants to be like
>>Goo.

Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 6:08*pm, George Plimpton > wrote:
> On 10/10/2012 7:31 AM, Rupert wrote:

> >> What's to explain? *You're a dope, that's all.

> > So you obviously believe, but I fail to understand what reasons you
> > think you have in favour of this view.

> Ha ha ha! *You just gave yet another reason!

So, Ball, you seem to be trying to sell me this idea that even though
I have a few accomplishments in the field of mathematics, in all other
areas I'm just not that bright. Would that be correct?
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 9:58*pm, dh@. wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Oct 2012 01:24:24 -0700 (PDT), Rupert >
> wrote:
>

> >On Oct 9, 8:06*pm, dh@. wrote:

> >> * * It almost certainly involves more animal deaths than grass raised beef, and
> >> in some cases grain fed beef. Not as bad as rice based products, but still worse
> >> than grass raised beef if not grain fed as well.

> >How do you know?

> * * The only way it could not is if there are no wildlife in the area where the
> grain is grown. Of course with rice it's not a question due to the flooding and
> draining in addition to all the machinery and chemical deaths.

I don't really find your remarks convincing. We did an examination of
one estimate for the expected collateral death rate associated with a
serving of tofu in the past, and it turned out to be less than the
corresponding estimate for grass-fed beef.
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On 10/11/2012 12:40 AM, Rupert wrote:
> On Oct 10, 6:08 pm, George Plimpton > wrote:

>>> So you obviously believe, but I fail to understand what reasons you
>>> think you have in favour of this view.

>> Ha ha ha! You just gave yet another reason!

> So, Ball, you seem to be trying to sell me this idea that even though
> I have a few accomplishments in the field of mathematics, in all other
> areas I'm just not that bright. Would that be correct?

It's more that you choose to be a dope, much as ****wit David Harrison
chooses to be stupid.

Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 11, 10:12*am, George Plimpton > wrote:
> On 10/11/2012 12:40 AM, Rupert wrote:

> >> Ha ha ha! *You just gave yet another reason!

> > So, Ball, you seem to be trying to sell me this idea that even though
> > I have a few accomplishments in the field of mathematics, in all other
> > areas I'm just not that bright. Would that be correct?

> It's more that you choose to be a dope, much as ****wit David Harrison
> chooses to be stupid.

I see.
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On 10/11/2012 1:16 AM, Rupert wrote:
> On Oct 11, 10:12 am, George Plimpton > wrote:

>>> So, Ball, you seem to be trying to sell me this idea that even though
>>> I have a few accomplishments in the field of mathematics, in all other
>>> areas I'm just not that bright. Would that be correct?

>> It's more that you choose to be a dope, much as ****wit David Harrison
>> chooses to be stupid.

> I see.

Probably not, but it was worth a try.

Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On okt. 11, 16:46, George Plimpton > wrote:
> On 10/11/2012 1:16 AM, Rupert wrote:

> >> It's more that you choose to be a dope, much as ****wit David Harrison
> >> chooses to be stupid.

> > I see.

> Probably not, but it was worth a try.

So, do you have any thoughts about what motivates my choice to be a
dope?
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 11 Oct 2012 00:42:06 -0700 (PDT), Rupert >
wrote:

>On Oct 10, 9:58*pm, dh@. wrote:
>> On Wed, 10 Oct 2012 01:24:24 -0700 (PDT), Rupert >
>> wrote:

>> >How do you know?

>> * * The only way it could not is if there are no wildlife in the area where the
>> grain is grown. Of course with rice it's not a question due to the flooding and
>> draining in addition to all the machinery and chemical deaths.

>I don't really find your remarks convincing. We did an examination of
>one estimate for the expected collateral death rate associated with a
>serving of tofu in the past, and it turned out to be less than the
>corresponding estimate for grass-fed beef.

I don't remember that, but feel that an estimate for number of deaths per
serving of grass raised beef should be much less than one.
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 11, 10:55*pm, dh@. wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Oct 2012 00:42:06 -0700 (PDT), Rupert >
> wrote:
>

> >On Oct 10, 9:58 pm, dh@. wrote:

> >> The only way it could not is if there are no wildlife in the area where the
> >> grain is grown. Of course with rice it's not a question due to the flooding and
> >> draining in addition to all the machinery and chemical deaths.

> >I don't really find your remarks convincing. We did an examination of
> >one estimate for the expected collateral death rate associated with a
> >serving of tofu in the past, and it turned out to be less than the
> >corresponding estimate for grass-fed beef.

> * * I don't remember that, but feel that an estimate for number of deaths per
> serving of grass raised beef should be much less than one.

Yes, we did agree on that point.

Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 01:06:36 -0700 (PDT), Rupert >
wrote:

>On Oct 11, 10:55*pm, dh@. wrote:
>> On Thu, 11 Oct 2012 00:42:06 -0700 (PDT), Rupert >
>> wrote:

>> >I don't really find your remarks convincing. We did an examination of
>> >one estimate for the expected collateral death rate associated with a
>> >serving of tofu in the past, and it turned out to be less than the
>> >corresponding estimate for grass-fed beef.

>> * * I don't remember that, but feel that an estimate for number of deaths per
>> serving of grass raised beef should be much less than one.

>Yes, we did agree on that point.

The only way the average for tofu could be less than for beef would be if
there are no wildlife in the fields. That's not true with the cattle. Many
wildlife that would die in soybean fields thrive and do well in grazing areas.
It's another one of those things you don't like apparently, but it's true none
the less. Maybe you could learn to appreciate this one, and accept it? Or no?
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On 16 Okt., 18:38, dh@. wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 01:06:36 -0700 (PDT), Rupert >
> wrote:
>

> >On Oct 11, 10:55 pm, dh@. wrote:

> >> I don't remember that, but feel that an estimate for number of deaths per
> >> serving of grass raised beef should be much less than one.

> >Yes, we did agree on that point.

> * * The only way the average for tofu could be less than for beef would be if
> there are no wildlife in the fields. That's not true with the cattle. Many
> wildlife that would die in soybean fields thrive and do well in grazing areas.
> It's another one of those things you don't like apparently, but it's true none
> the less. Maybe you could learn to appreciate this one, and accept it? Or no?

We've been through this before. We did an estimate both for the tofu
and the beef.
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 13:17:35 -0700 (PDT), Rupert >
wrote:

>On 16 Okt., 18:38, dh@. wrote:
>> On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 01:06:36 -0700 (PDT), Rupert >
>> wrote:

>> >Yes, we did agree on that point.

>> * * The only way the average for tofu could be less than for beef would be if
>> there are no wildlife in the fields. That's not true with the cattle. Many
>> wildlife that would die in soybean fields thrive and do well in grazing areas.
>> It's another one of those things you don't like apparently, but it's true none
>> the less. Maybe you could learn to appreciate this one, and accept it? Or no?

>We've been through this before. We did an estimate both for the tofu
>and the beef.

I remember something about the beef and nothing about the tofu. It would
depend on how much wildlife is around with the soy. If there's a lot around,
then a lot would be killed. Only after all the wildlife is killed off in the
area would there no longer be lots of wildlife deaths due to growing soy. The
same is not true with grass raised beef, since cows eating grass kill few if any
wild animals. Sometimes predators are killed so they don't kill the cattle, but
doing so benefits wildlife and pets as well as the cattle so that aspect needs
to be considered as well as the predators' deaths. Especially in cases where the
predators had already been killed off and removed years ago, then were
re-introduced, and then had to be killed of and removed yet AGAIN! It doesn't
count the second time imo, since they shouldn't have been back to need killing
again.
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 18, 8:19*pm, dh@. wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 13:17:35 -0700 (PDT), Rupert >
> wrote:
>

> >On 16 Okt., 18:38, dh@. wrote:

> >> � � The only way the average for tofu could be less than for beef would be if
> >> there are no wildlife in the fields. That's not true with the cattle. Many
> >> wildlife that would die in soybean fields thrive and do well in grazing areas.
> >> It's another one of those things you don't like apparently, but it's true none
> >> the less. Maybe you could learn to appreciate this one, and accept it? Or no?

> >We've been through this before. We did an estimate both for the tofu
> >and the beef.

> * * I remember something about the beef and nothing about the tofu. It would
> depend on how much wildlife is around with the soy.

We did an estimate for the collateral death toll associated with one
serving of tofu, based on Matheny's estimates for the death toll
associated with one acre of corn and soy.

Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 19 Oct 2012 01:34:53 -0700 (PDT), Rupert >
wrote:

>On Oct 18, 8:19*pm, dh@. wrote:
>> On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 13:17:35 -0700 (PDT), Rupert >
>> wrote:

>> >We've been through this before. We did an estimate both for the tofu
>> >and the beef.

>> * * I remember something about the beef and nothing about the tofu. It would
>> depend on how much wildlife is around with the soy.

>We did an estimate for the collateral death toll associated with one
>serving of tofu, based on Matheny's estimates for the death toll
>associated with one acre of corn and soy.

You can't do any better with that than with the number of species in the
universe who might be better at representing math than humans on Earth. In many
places the wildlife has been pretty much wiped out for years, so there would be
no cds to speak of. But in other areas where there are other fields and woods
around there would be places outside of the crop fields for wildlife to live,
then at some point enter the crop fields and end up dying from machinery or
chemicals or whatever...