Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default american football-- steelers vs eagles

no one said when the Steelers played... Never turned on the tv today. Did
the Steelers win?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Somebody" > wrote:
> no one said when the Steelers played... Never turned on the tv today. Did
> the Steelers win?

Won. I didn't know myself because I went out in garage to work on car when
things got tense.

Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"gregz" > wrote in message
> "Somebody" > wrote:
>> no one said when the Steelers played... Never turned on the tv today.
>> Did
>> the Steelers win?

> Won. I didn't know myself because I went out in garage to work on car when
> things got tense.
>
> Greg

In your face Andy!

I just looked at Google News, 16-14. Must have been a good game...
Headline says Steelers rallied.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" > wrote in message ...

> The Eagles won by the point spread!
>
> Back at ya, fool!
>
> Andy

We both won! eff you Letterman!
http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/t...reviewed_.html

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" > wrote in message ...
> Nobody,
>
> Let me further point out, your whining about game time only goes
> to show you're not a Steelers fan, just an antagonistic and
> schizophrenic/psychotic jerk.
>
> You can possibly be cured. Doubtful though.
>
> Andy

dude... I grew up in Erie. Had the choice of: Buffalo, Cleveland,
Pittsburg... but Pittsburgers came up and brought boats to the Lake and
were cash cows, after they finished fishing for trout.

My brother went Cleveland... I went south. Looking to find "the promised
Land" (I did find it once.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Somebody" > wrote:
> "Andy" > wrote in message ...
>> Nobody,
>>
>> Let me further point out, your whining about game time only goes
>> to show you're not a Steelers fan, just an antagonistic and
>> schizophrenic/psychotic jerk.
>>
>> You can possibly be cured. Doubtful though.
>>
>> Andy

> dude... I grew up in Erie. Had the choice of: Buffalo, Cleveland,
> Pittsburg... but Pittsburgers came up and brought boats to the Lake and
> were cash cows, after they finished fishing for trout.
>
> My brother went Cleveland... I went south. Looking to find "the promised
> Land" (I did find it once.)

That lakefront sure has many wineries. Went to my first one this summer.
They made their own beer too. Wonderful scenery in the vineyards. Good
food, good entertainment, good drink. Nice ladies too.

Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 7, 9:56*pm, "Somebody" > wrote:

> no one said when the Steelers played... *Never turned on the tv today. *Did
> the Steelers win?

Forgot to go across the street for the paper
today....................tv is not working...................couldn't
get any info on the weather. Is it cold out? What's it like out
there? Could you find out for me and get back with me on this vital
issue?

Thanks man,
TJ
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 8, 7:26*am, Andy > wrote:

> Let me further point out, your whining about game time only goes
> to show you're not a Steelers fan, just an antagonistic and
> schizophrenic/psychotic jerk.

I am a Steelers fan since 1971. But I am not a fan because of
region. I'm from eastern PA but was living in L.A. when I became a
Steeler fan as well as an NFL fan when the Steelers played the Miami
Dolphins and lost in the AFC Championship game the year Miami went
undefeated. I am a Steeler fan. However, I am more a fan of the way
the Patriots run their organization right now. I know the Steelers
may come around eventually, but right now I do not like the road
they're taking with all the speedy wide receivers and no running
game. They should have crushed Oakland 3 weeks ago and should score
more than 16 at home against the Eagles. They're still a good team,
but I don't like a bunch of passing that turns up a lot of yardage but
few points to show for it. The Steelers could use a little more of
what's inside New England's lunch pail. I give NE credit because they
work well with what they have. I can be for a team even if they're
winning and still have negative comments to make about their
direction.

TJ
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tommy Joe" > wrote in message

I am a Steelers fan since 1971. But I am not a fan because of
region. I'm from eastern PA but was living in L.A.
---

I didn't become a Broncos fan till I moved a thousand miles away... I lived
out there in the 80s , and when there were games going on-- you could go to
the grocery-- not a soul around, except for a handful of cashiers, forced
to work that day.... Had the entire store to myself... And when they were
in the SBs, it was like a ghostown (sans sagebrush)... even it was watching
the Game.

(I enjoyed the solitude... Though it was eerie. Like a Twilight Zone
episode.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tommy Joe" > wrote in message

Forgot to go across the street for the paper
today....................tv is not working...................couldn't
get any info on the weather. Is it cold out? What's it like out
there? Could you find out for me and get back with me on this vital
issue?

Thanks man,
TJ

---

B-Roth threw the winning touchdown with .06 on the clock... He ran around
the left end with 6 eagles on him, and heaved it-- just before crossing the
line of scrimmage... He broke his arm, and two of his legs. And chipped a
tooth... Franco Harris came out the stands and snatched it the 5 yard line.
Then straight armed 5 eagles, for the winning score while also breaking a
leg, and limping across the last yard.

PS The Steelers front office say Roesthingber will be back next week.
Doctors have re-attached his arm, and his legs... After the game, Mean Joe
tossed me his jersey. But it had a coke bottle in it... (no wonder they
call him Mean Joe)... When I looked back, he had a snarky grin... Thanks
Joe. But I prefer Pepsi.

16-14 Steelers? Somebody General Cooking 1 09-10-2012 06:00 AM
Little Eagles Brooklyn1 General Cooking 0 10-05-2012 12:48 AM
Philadelphia Eagles vs. New York Giants? Steve Freides[_2_] General Cooking 4 26-09-2011 06:01 PM
Steelers Food Sqwertz General Cooking 11 23-01-2009 08:56 PM
Free gift from Roman Eagles Jason[_7_] General Cooking 0 26-10-2008 07:40 PM