Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default foods to alleviate depression?

anyone have any ideas. Vegetarian choices, non-beer/alcohol.

12:01 came in ILL. Looking forward to reading that!
http://www.youtube.com/results?searc....0.0... 1ac.1.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mark Thorson" > wrote in message
> Somebody wrote:
>>
>> anyone have any ideas. Vegetarian choices, non-beer/alcohol.

> Your body is trying to tell you something.
> You've lived too long.

dammit.

I better make some rice. I still have some broccoli and spinach.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Somebody wrote:

> anyone have any ideas.

Granite kitchen counters should cheer you up:
http://tinyurl.com/94axer5
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Somebody wrote:

> anyone have any ideas. Vegetarian choices, non-beer/alcohol.

Your body is trying to tell you something.
You've lived too long.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Somebody wrote:

> anyone have any ideas. Vegetarian choices, non-beer/alcohol.

I'm taking your question seriously because, due to many of your posts, it
sounds to me like you're having a meltdown, freaking out, and crying out for
help. If you're just trolling then shame on me. ;-o

Why the depression is the real question. Is it because of break up with the
ex? Who's choice was that, yours or hers? It makes a difference.

There's no food fix. Many depressed people cling to eating and eat
themselves fat (or fatter). Best to continue to eat healthy but don't rely
on that for a depression fix. Your body is under a lot of stress and you can
help with good nutrition.

Alcohol never solves any problem, it just covers it up. I'd avoid that for
now except for the occasional "blow the froth off a couple." A temporary
reprieve but certainly not the answer.

If it's a "break up with the ex" thing, best thing to do, imo (and I've been
there, done that), is to quit contacting her. Let it go. Constant contact
will just prolong your agony.

- get out of the house each day! Even to go grocery shopping. Talk to real
people. Don't sit home posting on a newsgroup constantly.

- quit hanging out with (aka - clinging to) the ex

- Think way back to one day, before you even met her, that you were so
happy. Realize that you were happy without her at one time. Focus on that
whenever the depression sets in.

- Get out of the house, meet new people, and time will heal all if you give
it the chance. Their is another great woman for you out there somewhere but
you have to get out and find her. She's looking for someone too.

You also mentioned unemployed. Take any cheap job just to make some change
and meet new people. Right now, you are a "Nobody" but you can become a
"Somebody" again. :-D

G.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...

> Alcohol never solves any problem, it just covers it up.

Homer says: it's the cause-- and solution to all of life's problems.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVwR0rw5fk

I actually have a magnet on the fridge... ebay

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...

> Alcohol never solves any problem, it just covers it up. I'd avoid that

When I was 17...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA7p5VwAXk0

Actually, when I was 17 I was a goofy nerdy Catholic... and awkward around
girls... Damn you Catholic upbringing! Well, my parents did attend all my
Little League and grade school basketball games. And provided a decent
place to live.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I'll save your post. Marked it as Unread... I'm not ready. Thank you for
the reply

She's coming over and we are going to the library (10:30 ish she said. That
means like noon...). They have the 12:01 short story at Highlands-Shelby
Park I ordered ILL... I better do the 3 S's Did one already today.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> Why the depression is the real question. Is it because of break up
> with the ex? Who's choice was that, yours or hers? It makes a
> difference.

I'm curious about what you mean by that. In my case it was my choice, but
second-guessing myself made me depressed.

zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tom Del Rosso" > wrote in message
> Gary wrote:
>>
>> Why the depression is the real question. Is it because of break up
>> with the ex? Who's choice was that, yours or hers? It makes a
>> difference.

> I'm curious about what you mean by that. In my case it was my choice, but
> second-guessing myself made me depressed.

are you talking to me? ARE YOU TALKING TO ME?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzPBUGUM7KQ

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 3, 4:33*pm, "Somebody" > wrote:
> anyone have any ideas. *Vegetarian choices, *non-beer/alcohol.
>
> 12:01 came in ILL. *Looking forward to reading that!http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...12%3A01&gs_l=y....

Usually a warm bath and melons perk me up.
http://tinyurl.com/8e4a2dz
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/3/2012 1:33 PM, Somebody wrote:
> anyone have any ideas. Vegetarian choices, non-beer/alcohol.
>
> 12:01 came in ILL. Looking forward to reading that!
> http://www.youtube.com/results?searc....0.0... 1ac.1.

Drugs would probably be the most effective way. Finding something that
works can be tricky and could take a while. My understanding is that
serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SRIs) has revolutionized the treatment of
depression. I doubt that you'll get much help by dicking around with
foods. That's the breaks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Somebody wrote:
> anyone have any ideas. Vegetarian choices,

Get a job... a wallet crammed with cabbage will definitely elevate
your mood.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Chemo" > wrote in message

Usually a warm bath and melons perk me up.
http://tinyurl.com/8e4a2dz

---

I read once a cantaloupe was the way to go...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message

> Drugs would probably be the most effective way. Finding something that
> works can be tricky and could take a while. My understanding is that
> serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SRIs) has revolutionized the treatment of
> depression. I doubt that you'll get much help by dicking around with
> foods. That's the breaks.

I tried that... few weeks... doc said: needs more time. I think he was in
cahoots with the drug company.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/5/2012 10:57 AM, Somebody wrote:
> "dsi1" > wrote in message
>
>> Drugs would probably be the most effective way. Finding something that
>> works can be tricky and could take a while. My understanding is that
>> serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SRIs) has revolutionized the treatment of
>> depression. I doubt that you'll get much help by dicking around with
>> foods. That's the breaks.

> I tried that... few weeks... doc said: needs more time. I think he was in
> cahoots with the drug company.

You're going to need more time. Sorry about that, that's the way this
class of drugs work. Give it 6 weeks at least.

He may be in cahoots with the drug companies. I doubt that it matters
much if the drugs work. Good luck!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tom Del Rosso wrote:

> Gary wrote:
> >
> > Why the depression is the real question. Is it because of break up
> > with the ex? Who's choice was that, yours or hers? It makes a
> > difference.

> I'm curious about what you mean by that. In my case it was my choice, but
> second-guessing myself made me depressed.

Your choice and second-guessing can be depressing but it was your choice.
If the spouse broke up with you, add in rejection and nothing you can do
about it. It does make a difference.

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> If it's a "break up with the ex" thing, best thing to do, imo (and I've been
> there, done that), is to quit contacting her. Let it go. Constant contact
> will just prolong your agony.

On the other hand, stalking will do you a world of good!
Find out who she's seeing now! And when! And for how long!
Keeping a diary will help you focus on the REAL problem.
Which is her, of course. And the new guy. Depression is
caused by lack of focus. If you don't do this, you have
no one but yourself to blame.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...

> Your choice and second-guessing can be depressing but it was your choice.
> If the spouse broke up with you,

it was mutual... why did she never get a job? All she did was cook
fattening things, make cookies and sleep.

when we dated, she joked she would get a job at Wal-Mart... even now, she's
still not working. I was distracted by her boobs. She had a-- still has--
a nice set.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mark Thorson" > wrote in message

> On the other hand, stalking will do you a world of good!
> Find out who she's seeing now! And when! And for how long!
> Keeping a diary will help you focus on the REAL problem.
> Which is her, of course. And the new guy. Depression is
> caused by lack of focus. If you don't do this, you have
> no one but yourself to blame.

Her car broke down couple weeks ago, and she said the tow-truck driver hit
on her... never understood the expression "hit on" seems like an abusive
relationship to begin with.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 > wrote:
> On 10/3/2012 1:33 PM, Somebody wrote:
>> anyone have any ideas. Vegetarian choices, non-beer/alcohol.
>>
>> 12:01 came in ILL. Looking forward to reading that!
>> http://www.youtube.com/results?searc....0.0... 1ac.1.
>>

> Drugs would probably be the most effective way. Finding something that
> works can be tricky and could take a while. My understanding is that
> serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SRIs) has revolutionized the treatment of
> depression. I doubt that you'll get much help by dicking around with
> foods. That's the breaks.

Coffee, exercise, vacation, skydiving.

Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 5 Oct 2012 21:01:48 -0400, "Somebody" > wrote:

>"Mark Thorson" > wrote in message
>>
>> On the other hand, stalking will do you a world of good!
>> Find out who she's seeing now! And when! And for how long!
>> Keeping a diary will help you focus on the REAL problem.
>> Which is her, of course. And the new guy. Depression is
>> caused by lack of focus. If you don't do this, you have
>> no one but yourself to blame.

>Her car broke down couple weeks ago, and she said the tow-truck driver hit
>on her... never understood the expression "hit on" seems like an abusive
>relationship to begin with.

"Hit On" is girl speak for he ogled her tits.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"gregz" > wrote in message
> Coffee, exercise, vacation, skydiving.
>
> Greg

skydiving... hmmm-- with or without a parachute? Seriously, Erica wants to
play racquetball tomorrow (they have courts at the downtown Y) and do lunch.
(Either Dairy Kastle or El Nopal)

Dairy Kastle has veggie chili dogs, El Nopal... Mexican.... I'm leaning
toward Mexican. Haven't had in a few weeks, but either is good.

http://www.dairykastle.com/
http://www.elnopalmex.com/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 05/10/2012 9:37 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Oct 2012 21:01:48 -0400, "Somebody" > wrote:
>
>> "Mark Thorson" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> On the other hand, stalking will do you a world of good!
>>> Find out who she's seeing now! And when! And for how long!
>>> Keeping a diary will help you focus on the REAL problem.
>>> Which is her, of course. And the new guy. Depression is
>>> caused by lack of focus. If you don't do this, you have
>>> no one but yourself to blame.

>> Her car broke down couple weeks ago, and she said the tow-truck driver hit
>> on her... never understood the expression "hit on" seems like an abusive
>> relationship to begin with.

> "Hit On" is girl speak for he ogled her tits.

I often see one of our neighbours at the Y and his is friends with a
woman there who whined to him about men ogling her at the Y. I am not
saying that she needs to wear a hajib to cover herself modestly, but
this woman dresses for attention. She wears skin tight pants that are
molded to her every curve. They leave little to the imagination. For an
Asian she has huge boobs, amply displayed by a posh up bra that has them
bursting over the top of her very low cut and very tight top.

I am not saying that she dresses too immodestly for my taste or for a
workout, but he certainly dresses too immodestly to be complaining
about being ogled. It is sort of like putting a work on a hook and
complaining about fish biting at it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message

> I often see one of our neighbours at the Y and his is friends with a woman
> there who whined to him about men oogling her at the Y. I am not saying
> that she needs to wear a hajib to cover herself modestly, but this woman
> dresses for attention. She wears skin tight pants that are molded to her
> every curve. They leave little to the imagination. For an Asian she has
> huge boobs, amply displayed by a push up bra that has them bursting over
> the top of her very low cut and very tight top.
>
> I am not saying that she dresses too immodestly for my taste or for a
> workout, but he certainly dresses too immodestly to be complaining about
> being ogled. It is sort of like putting a worm on a hook and complaining
> about fish biting at it.

We went one on one... She won one, I won one... yes, I did oogle her
breasts. TBH, I hadn't noticed them before. (In the past, I thought they
were too small to oogle.) But when we played racketball, she had on a shirt
that displayed them well.

But she's married (happily). So I didn't go there... She did laugh and
giggle at my stupid jokes though... It helps to have friends laugh at your
stupid jokes, especially when they look pretty damn hot.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mark Thorson" > wrote in message
> Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>> For an Asian she has huge boobs, amply displayed by a posh up bra that
>> has them
>> bursting over the top of her very low cut and very tight top.

> From that description, I'd say she has implants.

post pics!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> For an
> Asian she has huge boobs, amply displayed by a posh up bra that has them
> bursting over the top of her very low cut and very tight top.

From that description, I'd say she has implants.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 06 Oct 2012 13:24:57 -0800, Mark Thorson >
wrote:

>Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>> For an
>> Asian she has huge boobs, amply displayed by a posh up bra that has them
>> bursting over the top of her very low cut and very tight top.

>From that description, I'd say she has implants.

Asia is a huge place, Russian women can have huge udders.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Somebody wrote:
> anyone have any ideas. Vegetarian choices, non-beer/alcohol.
>
> 12:01 came in ILL. Looking forward to reading that!
> http://www.youtube.com/results?searc....0.0... 1ac.1.

Chocolate. Omega 3s/balanced oils. (I started feeding my
daughter the Olivio butter with added flax oil, and it seemed to
make a BIG difference.)

Also... Get out in the sun. Depending on where you are located,
possibly get a light box. Get some exercise if you can.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mark Thorson wrote:
> Gary wrote:
>> If it's a "break up with the ex" thing, best thing to do, imo (and I've been
>> there, done that), is to quit contacting her. Let it go. Constant contact
>> will just prolong your agony.

> On the other hand, stalking will do you a world of good!
> Find out who she's seeing now! And when! And for how long!
> Keeping a diary will help you focus on the REAL problem.
> Which is her, of course. And the new guy. Depression is
> caused by lack of focus. If you don't do this, you have
> no one but yourself to blame.

That's dreadful advice. I hope you aren't serious.

How about get involved with helping other folks in some way. Stop
thinking about yourself so much.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jean B." > wrote in message

> Also... Get out in the sun. --

I did today... felt better!

It does feel good to be out in the sun.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Somebody wrote:
> "Jean B." > wrote in message
>> Also... Get out in the sun. --

> I did today... felt better!
>
> It does feel good to be out in the sun.

I discovered that some years ago. It really helps. I am glad you
felt better and hope that continues.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jean B." > wrote in message

> I discovered that some years ago. It really helps. I am glad you felt
> better and hope that continues.

hopefully, the sun will come out again.