Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Anyone know how to get a raccoon to leave?

I live in the city, so cannot shoot it... It pulled down some soffit and is
living in the area between that and the gutter and the house. But when it
gets cooler it will probably try and get in the house... I played talk
radio loud for a few days and thought it had left, but just saw/heard it
again. I threw some rocks at it but then it just went back up into the
soffit.

Hope my roofer gets the gutters and roof done before winter... I had to
spend $300 earlier this year to get rid of couple squirrels in a different
area of the roof. That's secure, but now there's this other other area.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 15:11:24 -0400, "Somebody" > wrote:

>I live in the city, so cannot shoot it... It pulled down some soffit and is
>living in the area between that and the gutter and the house. But when it
>gets cooler it will probably try and get in the house... I played talk
>radio loud for a few days and thought it had left, but just saw/heard it
>again. I threw some rocks at it but then it just went back up into the
>soffit.
>
>Hope my roofer gets the gutters and roof done before winter... I had to
>spend $300 earlier this year to get rid of couple squirrels in a different
>area of the roof. That's secure, but now there's this other other area.

If there is someway to bait and position a Have-a-Heart trap, you can
try that.

Disposal or re-location at that point is between you, your township
ordinances and god.

Boron
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Boron Elgar" > wrote in message
> Disposal or re-location at that point is between you, your township
> ordinances and god.
>
> Boron

The raccoon god? I wish I could make the raccoon an inert chemical of an
animal.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Somebody" > wrote in message ...
>I live in the city, so cannot shoot it... It pulled down some soffit and
>is living in the area between that and the gutter and the house. But when
>it gets cooler it will probably try and get in the house... I played talk
>radio loud for a few days and thought it had left, but just saw/heard it
>again. I threw some rocks at it but then it just went back up into the
>soffit.
>
> Hope my roofer gets the gutters and roof done before winter... I had to
> spend $300 earlier this year to get rid of couple squirrels in a different
> area of the roof. That's secure, but now there's this other other area.

Call Billy The Exterminator! But from what I have read it is next to
impossible to get them to leave. One suggestion that I read was to use a
radio and play loud music to drive them out. But then you would also have
to listen to the loud music and it wasn't overly effective. If you can, try
luring them in a trap. But then they would need to be released elsewhere.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 28, 12:11*pm, "Somebody" > wrote:
> I live in the city, so cannot shoot it... *It pulled down some soffit and is
> living in the area between that and the gutter and the house. *But when it
> gets cooler it will probably try and get in the house... *I played talk
> radio loud for a few days and thought it had left, but just saw/heard it
> again. *I threw some rocks at it but then it just went back up into the
> soffit.
>
> Hope my roofer gets the gutters and roof done before winter... *I had to
> spend $300 earlier this year to get rid of couple squirrels in a different
> area of the roof. *That's secure, but now there's this other other area..

They are scared of fire.....

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> Call Billy The Exterminator! But from what I have read it is next to
> impossible to get them to leave. One suggestion that I read was to use a
> radio and play loud music to drive them out. But then you would also have
> to listen to the loud music and it wasn't overly effective. If you can,
> try luring them in a trap. But then they would need to be released
> elsewhere.

Yes, that's what I did. Talk radio. A website said they don't like human
voices. I tried NPR, but it's back. I may have to go Limbaugh but then I
will be the one that will move out.

What's Billy's number?... I used Critter Control here for the squirrels.
Effective, but expensive. As most things in life.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Chemo" > wrote in message
On Sep 28, 12:11 pm, "Somebody" > wrote:
> I live in the city, so cannot shoot it... It pulled down some soffit and
> is
> living in the area between that and the gutter and the house. But when it
> gets cooler it will probably try and get in the house... I played talk
> radio loud for a few days and thought it had left, but just saw/heard it
> again. I threw some rocks at it but then it just went back up into the
> soffit.
>
> Hope my roofer gets the gutters and roof done before winter... I had to
> spend $300 earlier this year to get rid of couple squirrels in a different
> area of the roof. That's secure, but now there's this other other area.

They are scared of fire.....

---

hmmmm. Out of the mouths of whackjobs, sometimes come good ideas.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Somebody wrote:

> I live in the city, so cannot shoot it... It pulled down some soffit and is
> living in the area between that and the gutter and the house. But when it
> gets cooler it will probably try and get in the house... I played talk
> radio loud for a few days and thought it had left, but just saw/heard it
> again. I threw some rocks at it but then it just went back up into the
> soffit.

Feed it and turn it into a friendly pet. Purina Raccoon Chow comes to mind.
If you make him a friend, he won't destroy your house.

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 28/09/2012 3:28 PM, Boron Elgar wrote:

> If there is someway to bait and position a Have-a-Heart trap, you can
> try that.
>
> Disposal or re-location at that point is between you, your township
> ordinances and god.

Around here you are supposed to release them within 1 km of where you
trap them. That works for me. The neighbours on both sides have ponds. I
can release them the next day.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Somebody wrote:
>>
>> I live in the city, so cannot shoot it... It pulled down some soffit and
>> is
>> living in the area between that and the gutter and the house. But when
>> it
>> gets cooler it will probably try and get in the house... I played talk
>> radio loud for a few days and thought it had left, but just saw/heard it
>> again. I threw some rocks at it but then it just went back up into the
>> soffit.

> Feed it and turn it into a friendly pet. Purina Raccoon Chow comes to
> mind.
> If you make him a friend, he won't destroy your house.
>
> G.

How do I get them to pay rent? If they pay rent and keep the room clean,
I'd be fine with them living here. They have to buy their own food though.
If I give them free food and beer, they will just invite friends over and
party all night (they are nocturnal). And they will all be lying on the
couch when I get up in the morning and sleep on it all day. I don't want to
have to deal with hungover raccoons sleeping on my couch all day... Again.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 28, 1:26*pm, "Somebody" > wrote:
> "Chemo" > wrote in message

> On Sep 28, 12:11 pm, "Somebody" > wrote:
>
> > I live in the city, so cannot shoot it... It pulled down some soffit and
> > is
> > living in the area between that and the gutter and the house. But when it
> > gets cooler it will probably try and get in the house... I played talk
> > radio loud for a few days and thought it had left, but just saw/heard it
> > again. I threw some rocks at it but then it just went back up into the
> > soffit.

> > Hope my roofer gets the gutters and roof done before winter... I had to
> > spend $300 earlier this year to get rid of couple squirrels in a different
> > area of the roof. That's secure, but now there's this other other area.

> They are scared of fire.....
>
> ---
>
> hmmmm. *Out of the mouths of whackjobs, sometimes come good ideas.

LOL!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 16:53:49 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 28/09/2012 3:28 PM, Boron Elgar wrote:
>

>> If there is someway to bait and position a Have-a-Heart trap, you can
>> try that.
>>
>> Disposal or re-location at that point is between you, your township
>> ordinances and god.
>>

>Around here you are supposed to release them within 1 km of where you
>trap them. That works for me. The neighbours on both sides have ponds. I
>can release them the next day.

We are not allowed to remove them from the property in my town,
although we are allowed to dispatch them on it.

Boron
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 28, 12:11*pm, "Somebody" > wrote:
> I live in the city, so cannot shoot it... *It pulled down some soffit and is
> living in the area between that and the gutter and the house. *But when it
> gets cooler it will probably try and get in the house... *I played talk
> radio loud for a few days and thought it had left, but just saw/heard it
> again. *I threw some rocks at it but then it just went back up into the
> soffit.
>
> Hope my roofer gets the gutters and roof done before winter... *I had to
> spend $300 earlier this year to get rid of couple squirrels in a different
> area of the roof. *That's secure, but now there's this other other area..

You could try using an electric fence. If the current is too high and
kills the raccoon, oh dear, how terrible!

Bright flashing lights may also help.

http://www.richardfisher.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 16:53:49 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 28/09/2012 3:28 PM, Boron Elgar wrote:
>

>> If there is someway to bait and position a Have-a-Heart trap, you can
>> try that.
>>
>> Disposal or re-location at that point is between you, your township
>> ordinances and god.
>>

>Around here you are supposed to release them within 1 km of where you
>trap them. That works for me. The neighbours on both sides have ponds. I
>can release them the next day.

It will beat you home if it likes the area. 1 KM? That is within
his normal range [about 200 hectares].

Jim
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 28, 2:00*pm, "Somebody" > wrote:
> "Gary" > wrote in ....
> > Somebody wrote:

> >> I live in the city, so cannot shoot it... *It pulled down some soffit and
> >> is
> >> living in the area between that and the gutter and the house. *But when
> >> it
> >> gets cooler it will probably try and get in the house... *I played talk
> >> radio loud for a few days and thought it had left, but just saw/heard it
> >> again. *I threw some rocks at it but then it just went back up into the
> >> soffit.

> > Feed it and turn it into a friendly pet. *Purina Raccoon Chow comes to
> > mind.
> > If you make him a friend, he won't destroy your house.

> > G.

> How do I get them to pay rent? *If they pay rent and keep the room clean,
> I'd be fine with them living here. *They have to buy their own food though.
> If I give them free food and beer, they will just invite friends over and
> party all night (they are nocturnal). *And they will all be lying on the
> couch when I get up in the morning and sleep on it all day. *I don't want to
> have to deal with hungover raccoons sleeping on my couch all day... *Again.

Just go out and tell it to leave or you'll call the coon squad.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Sep 28, 12:11*pm, "Somebody" > wrote:
> I live in the city, so cannot shoot it... *It pulled down some soffit and is
> living in the area between that and the gutter and the house. *But when it
> gets cooler it will probably try and get in the house... *I played talk
> radio loud for a few days and thought it had left, but just saw/heard it
> again. *I threw some rocks at it but then it just went back up into the
> soffit.
>
> Hope my roofer gets the gutters and roof done before winter... *I had to
> spend $300 earlier this year to get rid of couple squirrels in a different
> area of the roof. *That's secure, but now there's this other other area..

call an exterminator or animal control.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 28, 4:49*pm, Boron Elgar > wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 16:53:49 -0400, Dave Smith
>
> > wrote:
> >On 28/09/2012 3:28 PM, Boron Elgar wrote:

> >> If there is someway to bait and position a Have-a-Heart trap, you can
> >> try that.

> >> Disposal or re-location at that point is between you, your township
> >> ordinances and god.

> >Around here you are supposed to release them within 1 km of where you
> >trap them. That works for me. The neighbours on both sides have ponds. I
> >can release them the next day.

> We are not allowed to remove them from the property in my town,
> although we are allowed to dispatch them on it.

Raccoons are not endangered or threatened. They are vermin. They are
a big time rabies vector, are mean as shit, and will attack a human.
They are smart and very pretty. Just the opposite of possums, which
are ugly, stinky, not aggressive, and are beneficial scavengers.

> Boron

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Chemo" > wrote in message

Just go out and tell it to leave or you'll call the coon squad.

---

I did stare at it and tell it to leave. It listened about as well as a
teenager with an iPod.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 15:11:24 -0400, "Somebody" > wrote:

> I live in the city, so cannot shoot it... It pulled down some soffit and is
> living in the area between that and the gutter and the house. But when it
> gets cooler it will probably try and get in the house... I played talk
> radio loud for a few days and thought it had left, but just saw/heard it
> again. I threw some rocks at it but then it just went back up into the
> soffit.
>
> Hope my roofer gets the gutters and roof done before winter... I had to
> spend $300 earlier this year to get rid of couple squirrels in a different
> area of the roof. That's secure, but now there's this other other area.

Since you live in a city, call animal control (hopefully AU has that
sort of thing) and have them trap it. Then close the raccoon hotel.

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith > wrote:
> On 28/09/2012 3:28 PM, Boron Elgar wrote:
>

>> If there is someway to bait and position a Have-a-Heart trap, you can
>> try that.
>>
>> Disposal or re-location at that point is between you, your township
>> ordinances and god.
>>

> Around here you are supposed to release them within 1 km of where you
> trap them. That works for me. The neighbours on both sides have ponds. I
> can release them the next day.

Best take them far away, preferably across a wide river.

Around here ?

Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 15:11:24 -0400, "Somebody" > wrote:
>
>> I live in the city, so cannot shoot it... It pulled down some soffit and
>> is
>> living in the area between that and the gutter and the house. But when
>> it
>> gets cooler it will probably try and get in the house... I played talk
>> radio loud for a few days and thought it had left, but just saw/heard it
>> again. I threw some rocks at it but then it just went back up into the
>> soffit.

Invest in a humane animal trap. Trap the critter and relocate it several
miles from where you live. Keep it to yourself when you do it, since it's
illegal to do that in many areas. Possums, rabbits, squirrels, raccoons and
lots of other little beasts have happy new homes that way. :-)

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message

> Since you live in a city, call animal control (hopefully AU has that
> sort of thing) and have them trap it. Then close the raccoon hotel.

They wouldn't trap the squirrels. I will call, but I think I know the
answer.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> Invest in a humane animal trap. Trap the critter and relocate it several
> miles from where you live. Keep it to yourself when you do it, since it's
> illegal to do that in many areas. Possums, rabbits, squirrels, raccoons
> and lots of other little beasts have happy new homes that way. :-)
>
> Cheri

I'm not sure about that. In a new area they don't know their way around
they probably get beat up and mugged by the locals already living there.
Not sure it's more humane to relocate them. It's like people that can't
take care of their dog, and release them out in the woods.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

We don't grow anything here that raccoons find edible - only pecans, pears,
acorns and Christmas peppers. One of our neighbors attempted a koi pond and
the raccoons thought it was a fine sushi bar. Another has a lovely border
of scuppernongs and didn't have a prayer of success to get them safe to
harvest. Both solved the problem with some sort of hot wiring. I have no
idea how they went about it but it was very successful. Polly

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Somebody" > wrote in message ...
> "Cheri" > wrote in message
>
>> Invest in a humane animal trap. Trap the critter and relocate it several
>> miles from where you live. Keep it to yourself when you do it, since it's
>> illegal to do that in many areas. Possums, rabbits, squirrels, raccoons
>> and lots of other little beasts have happy new homes that way. :-)
>>
>> Cheri

> I'm not sure about that. In a new area they don't know their way around
> they probably get beat up and mugged by the locals already living there.
> Not sure it's more humane to relocate them. It's like people that can't
> take care of their dog, and release them out in the woods.

No, it's not the same thing at all. Wild animals relocate just fine.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message
>> I'm not sure about that. In a new area they don't know their way around
>> they probably get beat up and mugged by the locals already living there.
>> Not sure it's more humane to relocate them. It's like people that can't
>> take care of their dog, and release them out in the woods.

> No, it's not the same thing at all. Wild animals relocate just fine.
>
> Cheri

seriously, how do you know?

seems an animal released into unfamiliar surroundings would be at a big
disadvantage. And most animals are very territorial and not accepting of a
new outsider.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Somebody" > wrote in message ...
> "Cheri" > wrote in message
>>> I'm not sure about that. In a new area they don't know their way around
>>> they probably get beat up and mugged by the locals already living there.
>>> Not sure it's more humane to relocate them. It's like people that can't
>>> take care of their dog, and release them out in the woods.

>> No, it's not the same thing at all. Wild animals relocate just fine.
>>
>> Cheri

> seriously, how do you know?
>
> seems an animal released into unfamiliar surroundings would be at a big
> disadvantage. And most animals are very territorial and not accepting of
> a new outsider.

Seriously, they do it all the time...bears, cougars, wolves, etc. etc.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message
>> seems an animal released into unfamiliar surroundings would be at a big
>> disadvantage. And most animals are very territorial and not accepting of
>> a new outsider.

> Seriously, they do it all the time...bears, cougars, wolves, etc. etc.
>
> Cheri

The animals you mention are all toughs and born to fight. Raccoons are
pretty boys (and girls)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri wrote:

> >> No, it's not the same thing at all. Wild animals relocate just fine.
> >>
> >> Cheri

> > seriously, how do you know?
> >
> > seems an animal released into unfamiliar surroundings would be at a big
> > disadvantage. And most animals are very territorial and not accepting of
> > a new outsider.

> Seriously, they do it all the time...bears, cougars, wolves, etc. etc.
>
> Cheri

Here's a bit of info:
http://icwdm.org/wildlife/euthanasia/Relocation.aspx
Posted to rec.food.cooking

From another time and place:

"This entire thread reminds me of a story from one of the Roger Caras
books. Very loosely recalled, he had moved to a house in the country,
and suddenly, there were the mice. Didn't want to use the old
fashioned traps, since they looked like Beatrix Potter mice, so bought
a little carousel-like thing, designed to capture and rotate, capture
and rotate. Baited it with Brie, and such-like. Came out the next
morning and found a mousie. Had already located the perfect pristine
wilderness down the driveway, across the highway, and through the
pasture. Took mousie out there, let him go, and watched him scamper
away, the way he had come. Mousie runs back across the pasture,
across the highway, and starts up the driveway. At the top of the
drive is an entire row of cats, who have been watching the whole
thing. Mousie hits the line; no more mousie. Roger Caras said every
time he went down to the mailbox after that, the cats all lined up,
hoping he'd bring back another one."

--
Ann's Little Brother Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Boron Elgar" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 16:53:49 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
>>On 28/09/2012 3:28 PM, Boron Elgar wrote:
>>

>>> If there is someway to bait and position a Have-a-Heart trap, you can
>>> try that.
>>>
>>> Disposal or re-location at that point is between you, your township
>>> ordinances and god.
>>>

>>Around here you are supposed to release them within 1 km of where you
>>trap them. That works for me. The neighbours on both sides have ponds. I
>>can release them the next day.

> We are not allowed to remove them from the property in my town,
> although we are allowed to dispatch them on it.

I know nothing about raccoons. If you shoot them can you eat them?

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 29 Sep 2012 02:15:43 -0400, "Somebody" > wrote:

>"Cheri" > wrote in message
>>> seems an animal released into unfamiliar surroundings would be at a big
>>> disadvantage. And most animals are very territorial and not accepting of
>>> a new outsider.

>> Seriously, they do it all the time...bears, cougars, wolves, etc. etc.
>>
>> Cheri

>The animals you mention are all toughs and born to fight. Raccoons are
>pretty boys (and girls)

While I agree with you on re-location, you need to see a racoon 'with
his back up'. I've seen one damage 4 large dogs before they
bested him-- and 2 of those dogs were bred to be the 'kill dogs'.
[actually bred for boar, but we hunt coons with them in NY.]

Do not underestimate Mr. Racoon-- they are smart, strong and vicious
if need be.

Jim
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 29 Sep 2012 03:43:59 +0000 (UTC), gregz >
wrote:

>Dave Smith > wrote:
>> On 28/09/2012 3:28 PM, Boron Elgar wrote:
>>

>>> If there is someway to bait and position a Have-a-Heart trap, you can
>>> try that.
>>>
>>> Disposal or re-location at that point is between you, your township
>>> ordinances and god.
>>>

>> Around here you are supposed to release them within 1 km of where you
>> trap them. That works for me. The neighbours on both sides have ponds. I
>> can release them the next day.

>Best take them far away, preferably across a wide river.

1/2 way across the river would be more humane.

Jim
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob O'Dyne" > wrote in message
> From another time and place:
>
> "This entire thread reminds me of a story from one of the Roger Caras
> books. Very loosely recalled, he had moved to a house in the country,
> and suddenly, there were the mice. Didn't want to use the old
> fashioned traps, since they looked like Beatrix Potter mice, so bought
> a little carousel-like thing, designed to capture and rotate, capture
> and rotate. Baited it with Brie, and such-like. Came out the next
> morning and found a mousie. Had already located the perfect pristine
> wilderness down the driveway, across the highway, and through the
> pasture. Took mousie out there, let him go, and watched him scamper
> away, the way he had come. Mousie runs back across the pasture,
> across the highway, and starts up the driveway. At the top of the
> drive is an entire row of cats, who have been watching the whole
> thing. Mousie hits the line; no more mousie. Roger Caras said every
> time he went down to the mailbox after that, the cats all lined up,
> hoping he'd bring back another one."
>
> --
> Ann's Little Brother Bob

interesting.

I've had mice here too. And another place. I read they have a strong
homing instinct and can travel three miles to get back where they were.
Though as the story above illustrates, not without a lot of obstacles.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2012-09-29, Jim Elbrecht > wrote:

> Do not underestimate Mr. Racoon-- they are smart, strong and vicious
> if need be.

I've no doubt!

Chased one off our deck. As it was reluctantly ambling away, it
looked back at me over its shoulder with a look of, "Jes wait,
suckah!". Big sumbitch, too! No wonder Mom's min poodle never barked
a warning when it was jes outside our door. Didn't wanna get
involved. I don't blame her. That strippy-tailed turd was twice as
big as she is. I wouldn't go up against one of those big sumbitches
with anything less than my .44 mag! 8|

nb

--
Definition of objectivism:
"Eff you! I got mine."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jim Elbrecht" > wrote in message

>>The animals you mention are all toughs and born to fight. Raccoons are
>>pretty boys (and girls)
>>

> While I agree with you on re-location, you need to see a racoon 'with
> his back up'. I've seen one damage 4 large dogs before they
> bested him-- and 2 of those dogs were bred to be the 'kill dogs'.
> [actually bred for boar, but we hunt coons with them in NY.]
>
> Do not underestimate Mr. Racoon-- they are smart, strong and vicious
> if need be.
>
> Jim

sigh. Learned yesterday they aren't coming to do the reinspection of the
roof and gutters until Oct 8th. I started this thing 3 months ago and now
back to square one and now with some soffit pulled down and a raccoon in the
mix... I was hoping making it uncomfortable would make it leave and go find
somewhere else. But yesterday when it was above the wood paneling, I banged
on the wall repeatedly and loudly with a stick and turned on talk radio very
loud-- and it didn't seem fazed. I'll let the inspector know about it.
Don't want them being surprised and falling off the roof!

If I get the soffit repaired, is the raccoon just going to come back and
pull it down again? They said that about squirrels.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 2012-09-29, Jim Elbrecht > wrote:
>
>> Do not underestimate Mr. Racoon-- they are smart, strong and vicious
>> if need be.

> I've no doubt!
>
> Chased one off our deck. As it was reluctantly ambling away, it
> looked back at me over its shoulder with a look of, "Jes wait,
> suckah!". Big sumbitch, too! No wonder Mom's min poodle never barked
> a warning when it was jes outside our door. Didn't wanna get
> involved. I don't blame her. That strippy-tailed turd was twice as
> big as she is. I wouldn't go up against one of those big sumbitches
> with anything less than my .44 mag! 8|
>
> nb

Anything that lives in sewers has got to be pretty tough and ornery. I've
seen them go in the catch basin by here a few times. One time I was riding
by on my bike late at night and there was a mother and 3-4 cubs(?). As I
went by in the street, she looked at me like if I came one inch nearer she
was going to fight me to the death.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2012-09-29, Bob O'Dyne > wrote:

> and rotate. Baited it with Brie.....

Holy crap! Did he put out wine, too?

Peanut butter works better and is a whole lot cheaper.

nb

--
Definition of objectivism:
"Eff you! I got mine."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 29 Sep 2012 12:23:57 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Boron Elgar" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 16:53:49 -0400, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:

>>>Around here you are supposed to release them within 1 km of where you
>>>trap them. That works for me. The neighbours on both sides have ponds. I
>>>can release them the next day.

>> We are not allowed to remove them from the property in my town,
>> although we are allowed to dispatch them on it.

>I know nothing about raccoons. If you shoot them can you eat them?
>
>--

There are gun discharge laws within the township, although a former
neighbor, a cop, gladly volunteered his services when we were having
some critter problems in years past.

And yes, people eat them. Not I.

http://www.backwoodsbound.com/zracoon.html

I do not go near raccoons here, nor even things as seemingly innocuous
as stray kitties. We've had rabies incidents within a few miles of the
house.

Boron.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Boron Elgar" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 29 Sep 2012 12:23:57 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Boron Elgar" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 16:53:49 -0400, Dave Smith

>>> We are not allowed to remove them from the property in my town,
>>> although we are allowed to dispatch them on it.

>>I know nothing about raccoons. If you shoot them can you eat them?
>>
>>--

> There are gun discharge laws within the township, although a former
> neighbor, a cop, gladly volunteered his services when we were having
> some critter problems in years past.
>
> And yes, people eat them. Not I.
>
> http://www.backwoodsbound.com/zracoon.html
>
> I do not go near raccoons here, nor even things as seemingly innocuous
> as stray kitties. We've had rabies incidents within a few miles of the
> house.

Rabies! I don't blame you!

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/