Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default when in doubt, throw it out...

I just had the weirdest thing happen-- I sneezed about 20 times in about 5
minutes... I opened the fridge to eat a spinach salad I made earlier. I've
never sneezed so much in my life. I almost called my ex, to call 911. Can
a person die from not being able to stop sneezing? I blew my nose and still
sneezed another 6 or so times. (It was like an x-files episode.)

I've stopped now, maybe I should not open the fridge again. I try and keep a
clean fridge and it's only couple years old.... all I wanted to do was eat
the spinach salad..

*tapping fingers* my mom said: when in doubt, throw it out... I suppose
the spinach salad is not worth dying over and better safe than sorry (and
dead). It was a bag I had eaten couple days ago and seemed fine other than
being a bit oldish, as spinach gets.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Somebody" > wrote in message
>I just had the weirdest thing happen-- I sneezed about 20 times in about 5
>minutes... I opened the fridge to eat a spinach salad I made earlier.
>I've never sneezed so much in my life. I almost called my ex, to call 911.
>Can a person die from not being able to stop sneezing? I blew my nose and
>still sneezed another 6 or so times. (It was like an x-files episode.)

What a bunch of hooey. I don't always sneeze that many times in a row but
when I get started, it is not uncommon for me to sneeze that many times and
more. Yes, it's unpleasant and it can cause you to lose your voice. But I
have never heard of a person dying from sneezing. Not saying that it hasn't
happened though.

> I've stopped now, maybe I should not open the fridge again. I try and keep
> a clean fridge and it's only couple years old.... all I wanted to do was
> eat the spinach salad..
>
> *tapping fingers* my mom said: when in doubt, throw it out... I suppose
> the spinach salad is not worth dying over and better safe than sorry (and
> dead). It was a bag I had eaten couple days ago and seemed fine other
> than being a bit oldish, as spinach gets.

Uh... Why would you think that the spinach caused this?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Somebody" > wrote in message
>>I just had the weirdest thing happen-- I sneezed about 20 times in about
>>5 minutes... I opened the fridge to eat a spinach salad I made earlier.
>>I've never sneezed so much in my life. I almost called my ex, to call
>>911. Can a person die from not being able to stop sneezing? I blew my
>>nose and still sneezed another 6 or so times. (It was like an x-files
>>episode.)

> What a bunch of hooey. I don't always sneeze that many times in a row but
> when I get started, it is not uncommon for me to sneeze that many times
> and more. Yes, it's unpleasant and it can cause you to lose your voice.
> But I have never heard of a person dying from sneezing. Not saying that
> it hasn't happened though.
>>
>> I've stopped now, maybe I should not open the fridge again. I try and
>> keep a clean fridge and it's only couple years old.... all I wanted to
>> do was eat the spinach salad..
>>
>> *tapping fingers* my mom said: when in doubt, throw it out... I
>> suppose the spinach salad is not worth dying over and better safe than
>> sorry (and dead). It was a bag I had eaten couple days ago and seemed
>> fine other than being a bit oldish, as spinach gets.

> Uh... Why would you think that the spinach caused this?

it was the last thing I did before the sneezing fit... I haven't sneezed
again.

I'm usually a two sneezer and done. Not usually a multiple sneezer.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Somebody" > wrote in message
>I just had the weirdest thing happen-- I sneezed about 20 times in about 5
>minutes... I opened the fridge to eat a spinach salad I made earlier.
>I've never sneezed so much in my life. I almost called my ex, to call 911.
>Can a person die from not being able to stop sneezing? I blew my nose and
>still sneezed another 6 or so times. (It was like an x-files episode.)
>
> I've stopped now, maybe I should not open the fridge again. I try and keep
> a clean fridge and it's only couple years old.... all I wanted to do was
> eat the spinach salad..
>
> *tapping fingers* my mom said: when in doubt, throw it out... I suppose
> the spinach salad is not worth dying over and better safe than sorry (and
> dead). It was a bag I had eaten couple days ago and seemed fine other
> than being a bit oldish, as spinach gets.

If you had been drinking a lot the night before it would be fairly common.
Nothing really dangerous about it though as far as I know.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 22, 12:37*am, "Somebody" > wrote:
> I just had the weirdest thing happen-- *I sneezed about 20 times in about 5
> minutes... *I opened the fridge to eat a spinach salad I made earlier. *I've
> never sneezed so much in my life. *I almost called my ex, to call 911. *Can
> a person die from not being able to stop sneezing? *I blew my nose and still
> sneezed another 6 or so times. (It was like an x-files episode.)
>
> I've stopped now, maybe I should not open the fridge again. I try and keep a
> clean fridge and it's only couple years old.... *all I wanted to do was eat
> the spinach salad..
>
> *tapping fingers* *my mom said: *when in doubt, throw it out... *I suppose
> the spinach salad is not worth dying over and better safe than sorry (and
> dead). *It was a bag I had eaten couple days ago and seemed fine other than
> being a bit oldish, as spinach gets.

Fess up...it was the spinach salad you dropped on the floor and it
probably had a bunch of dust bunnies in it when you attempted to clean
it up.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Chemo" > wrote in message

Fess up...it was the spinach salad you dropped on the floor and it
probably had a bunch of dust bunnies in it when you attempted to clean
it up.

---

different spinach salad.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 22, 12:43*pm, "Somebody" > wrote:
> "Chemo" > wrote in message

> Fess up...it was the spinach salad you dropped on the floor and it
> probably had a bunch of dust bunnies in it when you attempted to clean
> it up.
>
> ---
>
> different spinach salad.

so you say......
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> If you had been drinking a lot the night before it would be fairly common.
> Nothing really dangerous about it though as far as I know.
>
> Cheri

I've drank heavily many times and never had a sneezing fit. I think it must
have been something else... I've never been around people that drank alot
and sneezed 20 some odd times in 5 minutes.

I don't really have any severe allergies so it was odd. I think I had the
kitchen window open, so guess it was something in the air.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Somebody" > wrote in message
> "Cheri" > wrote in message
>> If you had been drinking a lot the night before it would be fairly
>> common. Nothing really dangerous about it though as far as I know.
>>
>> Cheri

> I've drank heavily many times and never had a sneezing fit. I think it
> must have been something else... I've never been around people that drank
> alot and sneezed 20 some odd times in 5 minutes.
>
> I don't really have any severe allergies so it was odd. I think I had the
> kitchen window open, so guess it was something in the air.

Many years ago I tended bar and it happened quite often.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Il 22/09/2012 12:06, Julie Bove ha scritto:

>> I just had the weirdest thing happen-- I sneezed about 20 times in about 5
>> minutes... I opened the fridge to eat a spinach salad I made earlier.
>> I've never sneezed so much in my life. I almost called my ex, to call 911.
>> Can a person die from not being able to stop sneezing? I blew my nose and
>> still sneezed another 6 or so times. (It was like an x-files episode.)

> What a bunch of hooey. I don't always sneeze that many times in a row but
> when I get started, it is not uncommon for me to sneeze that many times and
> more. Yes, it's unpleasant and it can cause you to lose your voice. But I
> have never heard of a person dying from sneezing. Not saying that it hasn't
> happened though.

I agree, the worst I read was a spanish man sneezing so strong he got
some almost cracked ribs, and it was summer and we all know newspapers
in summer have to fill their columns
--
Vilco
And the Family Stone

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 Sep 2012 23:22:21 +0200, ViLco > wrote:

>Il 22/09/2012 12:06, Julie Bove ha scritto:
>
>>> I just had the weirdest thing happen-- I sneezed about 20 times in about 5
>>> minutes... I opened the fridge to eat a spinach salad I made earlier.
>>> I've never sneezed so much in my life. I almost called my ex, to call 911.
>>> Can a person die from not being able to stop sneezing? I blew my nose and
>>> still sneezed another 6 or so times. (It was like an x-files episode.)

>> What a bunch of hooey. I don't always sneeze that many times in a row but
>> when I get started, it is not uncommon for me to sneeze that many times and
>> more. Yes, it's unpleasant and it can cause you to lose your voice. But I
>> have never heard of a person dying from sneezing. Not saying that it hasn't
>> happened though.

>I agree, the worst I read was a spanish man sneezing so strong he got
>some almost cracked ribs, and it was summer and we all know newspapers
>in summer have to fill their columns

I knew a gal that when she sneezed she'd pop her bra hooks.