Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default How to kill a newsgroup -- was "TJ sucks, imo."

Is anyone else amazed at the longevity of this thread -- and how broadly
the subject matter has roamed without anyone having sense enough to
change the title?

-- Larry
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"pltrgyst" > wrote in message
> Is anyone else amazed at the longevity of this thread -- and how broadly
> the subject matter has roamed without anyone having sense enough to change
> the title?
>
> -- Larry

not me - I stopped reading it after the first few posts.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"pltrgyst" > wrote in message
> Is anyone else amazed at the longevity of this thread -- and how broadly
> the subject matter has roamed without anyone having sense enough to change
> the title?
>
> -- Larry

Nope. Such is the nature of a NG.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Sep 2012 19:50:12 -0400, pltrgyst >
wrote:

> Is anyone else amazed at the longevity of this thread -- and how broadly
> the subject matter has roamed without anyone having sense enough to
> change the title?
>
> -- Larry

I'm not amazed in the slightest. I participate in another group
where that's the norm. Threads can go on for 400+ replies without
changing the title and it's a minor miracle if they can stay on topic
for 5 posts - they are usually talking about something else by the
third reply. Not that they label themselves as ADD. Geeze no! The
subject never changed, only the replies.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 17, 6:50*pm, pltrgyst > wrote:
> Is anyone else amazed at the longevity of this thread -- and how broadly
> the subject matter has roamed without anyone having sense enough to
> change the title?

No.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

pltrgyst wrote:

> Is anyone else amazed at the longevity of this thread -- and how
> broadly the subject matter has roamed without anyone having sense
> enough to change the title?

I started ignoring it after 20-30 posts

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 18/09/2012 9:50 AM, pltrgyst wrote:
> Is anyone else amazed at the longevity of this thread -- and how broadly
> the subject matter has roamed without anyone having sense enough to
> change the title?
>
> -- Larry

I read the first post, realised it was something that didn't apply to me
or, for that matter, interest me, then ignored the thread from then on.
I am not amazed at a thread roaming off topic. Usenet is like that and
has been since the beginning. Sure, there exists a set of protocols one
should follow when posting and replying but not many seem to follow it
these days anyway.

If you feel the title needs changing, be my guest and do it! What's
stopping you?

--

Krypsis
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 18, 1:24*am, sf > wrote:

> I'm not amazed in the slightest. *I participate in another group
> where that's the norm. *Threads can go on for 400+ replies without
> changing the title and it's a minor miracle if they can stay on topic
> for 5 posts - they are usually talking about something else by the
> third reply.

If everyone from the beginning of time stayed on topic, we would
have few topics to choose from today.

TJ