Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Sticker Shock

Once again, you violate the sacred canons of RFC law.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, September 17, 2012 3:40:38 PM UTC-6, Mark Thorson wrote:
> Once again, you violate the sacred canons of RFC law.

And what would that be?...oh learned one.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Roy wrote:

> On Monday, September 17, 2012 3:40:38 PM UTC-6, Mark Thorson wrote:
> > Once again, you violate the sacred canons of RFC law.

> And what would that be?...oh learned one.

Posting a binary to a non-binary newsgroup, grasshopper.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/17/12 10:52 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

> What Trader Joes concoction did you have for dinner, Mark? Some
> centrifuged Nurenburg sausages, by chance?

Whoa, threadjack! 8

We've been looking for good Nuremberg (marjoram) sausages in the US for
many years. Do you have a source that will ship?

-- Larry

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2012-09-18, pltrgyst > wrote:

> We've been looking for good Nuremberg (marjoram) sausages in the US for
> many years.

I suggest you redirect your efforts to learning how your computer, the
internet, and a search engine like Google, works. Total search time I
spent looking for Nuremberg (marjoram) sausages, about 80 seconds:

Binkert?s Meat Products
8805 Philadelphia Rd.
Baltimore MD 21237
410-687-5959

http://tinyurl.com/9rhbabg

nb

--
Definition of objectivism:
"Eff you! I got mine."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/18/2012 10:15 AM, notbob wrote:
> On 2012-09-18, pltrgyst > wrote:
>
>> We've been looking for good Nuremberg (marjoram) sausages in the US for
>> many years.

> I suggest you redirect your efforts to learning how your computer, the
> internet, and a search engine like Google, works. Total search time I
> spent looking for Nuremberg (marjoram) sausages, about 80 seconds:
>
> Binkert?s Meat Products
> 8805 Philadelphia Rd.
> Baltimore MD 21237
> 410-687-5959
>
> http://tinyurl.com/9rhbabg
>
> nb

But isn't looking for personal experience a little different than
someone googling it for you. How were they when you tried them?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwertz...ream/lightbox/

>And smoked pork butt and spicy seafood cocktail for dinner:
>
>http://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwertz...ream/lightbox/

Nice smoked pork butt, but ketchup, ick! Duck sauce would be more
appropriate, even better is hot oriental mustard, both!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/18/12 10:15 AM, notbob wrote:

> I suggest you redirect your efforts to learning how your computer, the
> internet, and a search engine like Google, works. Total search time I
> spent looking for Nuremberg (marjoram) sausages, about 80 seconds:
>
> Binkert?s Meat Products
> 8805 Philadelphia Rd.
> Baltimore MD 21237
> 410-687-5959

Which is totally worthless. I asked a specific person (not you) who
seems to know what Nuremberg sausages are and what they should taste
like if he knew of a source of authentic tasting sausages.

Life's too short to try all the possible sources for myself. And I know
Binkert's -- we were up in Baltimore just yesterday (but not there).

[And since I'm in a ****y mood: yes, dumbo notbob, I probably know a
hell of a lot more about my computer (which I built), the Internet (for
which I coded some of the very first TCP/IP routers at MITRE and BBN),
and Google than you do. I've been intimately involved full-time in those
subjects since around 1978, counting my ARPANET days. In the earliest
days of the Internet, BBN actually printed comprehensive directories of
everyone on the Internet, which were only about a half-inch thick. I'm
in them -- are you?]

-- Larry
Posted to rec.food.cooking

pltrgyst wrote:

> [And since I'm in a ****y mood: yes, dumbo notbob, I probably know a
> hell of a lot more about my computer (which I built), the Internet (for
> which I coded some of the very first TCP/IP routers at MITRE and BBN),
> and Google than you do. I've been intimately involved full-time in those
> subjects since around 1978, counting my ARPANET days. In the earliest
> days of the Internet, BBN actually printed comprehensive directories of
> everyone on the Internet, which were only about a half-inch thick. I'm
> in them -- are you?]
>
> -- Larry

I love these bragging stories. Thanks Larry...it's been a while. :-D

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 18, 3:36*pm, Gary > wrote:
> pltrgyst wrote:
>
> > [And since I'm in a ****y mood: yes, dumbo notbob, I probably know a
> > hell of a lot more about my computer (which I built), the Internet (for
> > which I coded some of the very first TCP/IP routers at MITRE and BBN),
> > and Google than you do. I've been intimately involved full-time in those
> > subjects since around 1978, counting my ARPANET days. In the earliest
> > days of the Internet, BBN actually printed comprehensive directories of
> > everyone on the Internet, which were only about a half-inch thick. I'm
> > in them -- are you?]

> > -- Larry

> I love these bragging stories. Thanks Larry...it's been a while. *:-D
>
> G.

I bet his head is so big he can't get through the doorway.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 18, 8:48*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 17:09:42 -0400, pltrgyst wrote:
> > On 9/18/12 10:15 AM, notbob wrote:

> >> I suggest you redirect your efforts to learning how your computer, the
> >> internet, and a search engine like Google, works. *Total search time I
> >> spent looking for Nuremberg (marjoram) sausages, about 80 seconds:

> >> Binkert?s Meat Products
> >> 8805 Philadelphia Rd.
> >> Baltimore MD 21237
> >> 410-687-5959

> > Which is totally worthless. I asked a specific person (not you) who
> > seems to know what Nuremberg sausages are and what they should taste
> > like if he knew of a source of authentic tasting sausages.

> If you're referring to me, I just know they look like little breakfast
> sausages. *I have never tried them. *They are very much a
> niche/boutique product.
>
> But from what Mark said, TJ's are imported from Germany. *And TJ's is
> a German-owned company. *But I doubt anybody here is an export in
> Nuremburg sausages.
>
> > [And since I'm in a ****y mood: yes, dumbo notbob, I probably know a
> > hell of a lot more about my computer (which I built), the Internet (for
> > which I coded some of the very first TCP/IP routers at MITRE and BBN),
> > and Google than you do. I've been intimately involved full-time in those
> > subjects since around 1978, counting my ARPANET days. In the earliest
> > days of the Internet, BBN actually printed comprehensive directories of
> > everyone on the Internet, which were only about a half-inch thick. I'm
> > in them -- are you?]

> But can you build a food replicator like on Star Trek?
>
> -sw

He's working on one right now...as soon as he gets the bugs out of the
transporter.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 17:09:42 -0400, pltrgyst wrote:
>
> > Which is totally worthless. I asked a specific person (not you) who
> > seems to know what Nuremberg sausages are and what they should taste
> > like if he knew of a source of authentic tasting sausages.

> If you're referring to me, I just know they look like little breakfast
> sausages. I have never tried them. They are very much a
> niche/boutique product.
>
> But from what Mark said, TJ's are imported from Germany. And TJ's is
> a German-owned company. But I doubt anybody here is an export in
> Nuremburg sausages.

They are very tasty little sausages, with very
nice herbal notes. I don't know how they compare
with traditional ones, but they fit the description
very well. I like them a lot.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

>> On 9/18/12 10:15 AM, notbob wrote:
>>>
>>> I suggest you redirect your efforts to learning how your computer, the
>>> internet, and a search engine like Google, works. Total search time I
>>> spent looking for Nuremberg (marjoram) sausages, about 80 seconds:
>>>
>>> Binkert?s Meat Products
>>> 8805 Philadelphia Rd.
>>> Baltimore MD 21237
>>> 410-687-5959

This place is a few miles from me:
http://alpineporkstore.com/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, September 19, 2012 4:54:14 PM UTC-6, Brooklyn1 wrote:

> This place is a few miles from me:
>
> http://alpineporkstore.com/

Ahaa...now we know how to find you should we ever be down in your
parts.

Sticker shock Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 6 04-09-2012 06:11 PM
Sticker shock Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 15 27-04-2012 04:29 PM
More Sticker Shock No Name General Cooking 36 02-06-2009 04:18 PM
Sticker Shock Space Cowboy Tea 7 28-08-2007 01:59 AM