Member

Red face Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipe with Prune Juice?

I'm looking for a classic oatmeal cookie recipe made with prune juice in it. I was only able to find one called a healthier oatmeal apple cookie, which had apples in it. They tasted okay, but weren't very sweet and were very chewy. They also called for a lot of flour which you could taste in the finished product. The recipe I'm looking for would have been an older recipe. Or does anyone know how I would go about substituting it into a recipe? Thanks!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipe with Prune Juice?

chichi wrote:

> I'm looking for a classic oatmeal cookie recipe made with prune juice in
> it.

A cookie with prune juice? SPLAT!

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/16/2012 4:29 AM, chichi wrote:
> I'm looking for a classic oatmeal cookie recipe made with prune juice in
> it. I was only able to find one called a healthier oatmeal apple cookie,
> which had apples in it. They tasted okay, but weren't very sweet and
> were very chewy. They also called for a lot of flour which you could
> taste in the finished product. The recipe I'm looking for would have
> been an older recipe. Or does anyone know how I would go about
> substituting it into a recipe? Thanks

Your average oatmeal cookie does not contain much liquid added. You
should add prune puree instead of juice. The reason you'd make an
oatmeal cookie with apple sauce, bananas, or vegetables is to reduce the
amount of fat, sugar and eggs. It's a classic vegan trick. Just use that
recipe and substitute a bunch of prunes that have been processed in a
blender.

It ain't gonna look much like an oatmeal cookie and you might have to
give up your daytime job cause consuming all that fiber seems like a
dangerous thing to do. That's the breaks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

chichi wrote:
> I'm looking for a classic oatmeal cookie recipe made with prune juice in
> it. I was only able to find one called a healthier oatmeal apple cookie,
> which had apples in it. They tasted okay, but weren't very sweet and
> were very chewy. They also called for a lot of flour which you could
> taste in the finished product. The recipe I'm looking for would have
> been an older recipe. Or does anyone know how I would go about
> substituting it into a recipe? Thanks!

Just find a oatmeal raisin cookie recipe, and substitute diced prunes
for the raisins. You can probably even double the amount.

Prune juice isn't going to work. It should work in a cake recipe.

Bob