FoodBanter.com

-   -   Fast food health problems.Read before you eat another big mac (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/419825-fast-food-health-problems.html)

meph144 13-09-2012 10:08 AM

Fast food health problems.Read before you eat another big mac

I think we all know what fast food is.
It is a type of food you can find almost anywhere which contains lots of calories, sugar, sodium and unhealthy fats.If you want some good meat better buy a chicken and fry it yourself because eating this kind of food daily is like poisoning yourself or your children!
I will present you some facts and after reading them you still want to eat this junk,its your body not mine.
It has been scientifically proven that fast foods cause a lot of diseases,etc.They are bad for your body as a whole,including brain.

Body Mass Index, BMI, is an indicator of body fat that is measured according to your weight and height. High BMI causes type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, gallstones and cancer.

Sodium is a risk factor for high blood pressure and stroke, the third leading cause of death in the United States.

In the recent years, many experiments have been done with rats to illustrate the “addiction” to high fat or high sugar foods. The results suggest that regular consumption of high fat food can alter the brain biochemistry so that we crave this food.

New research shows that heavy use of fast food causes the degeneration of genital organs over time.Most harmfull effects were found out in males,showing a shrinkin of an average 1cm per year.Some women reported bleeding but any link with this kind of food was not found yet.

Consumers of fast food, compared to those who eat little or none, are 51% more likely to develop depression.Furthermore, a dose-response relationship was observed. In other words this means that the more fast food you consume, the greater the risk of depression.

goodfood 13-09-2012 12:15 PM

Fast food is inexpensive relative to most other food choices. Fast foods contain lots of calories, sugar, sodium and unhealthy fats -- substances that increase your risk of obesity, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease.

Julie Bove[_2_] 13-09-2012 03:54 PM

"meph144" > wrote in message

> I think we all know what fast food is.
> It is a type of food you can find almost anywhere which contains lots of
> calories, sugar, sodium and unhealthy fats.If you want some good meat
> better buy a chicken and fry it yourself because eating this kind of
> food daily is like poisoning yourself or your children!
> I will present you some facts and after reading them you still want to
> eat this junk,its your body not mine.
> It has been scientifically proven that fast foods cause a lot of
> diseases,etc.They are bad for your body as a whole,including brain.
>
> Body Mass Index, BMI, is an indicator of body fat that is measured
> according to your weight and height. High BMI causes type 2 diabetes,
> high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, gallstones and cancer.
>
> Sodium is a risk factor for high blood pressure and stroke, the third
> leading cause of death in the United States.
>
> In the recent years, many experiments have been done with rats to
> illustrate the “addiction” to high fat or high sugar foods.
> The results suggest that regular consumption of high fat food can alter
> the brain biochemistry so that we crave this food.
>
> New research shows that heavy use of fast food causes the degeneration
> of genital organs over time.Most harmfull effects were found out in
> males,showing a shrinkin of an average 1cm per year.Some women reported
> bleeding but any link with this kind of food was not found yet.
>
> Consumers of fast food, compared to those who eat little or none, are
> 51% more likely to develop depression.Furthermore, a dose-response
> relationship was observed. In other words this means that the more fast
> food you consume, the greater the risk of depression.

I have never eaten a Big Mac nor would I.

ViLco 13-09-2012 04:03 PM

meph144 wrote:

> New research shows that heavy use of fast food causes the degeneration
> of genital organs over time.Most harmfull effects were found out in
> males,showing a shrinkin of an average 1cm per year.

Was that true, there should be millions of males with 0 cm penises. Anyone
can see them?
PS Sheldon doesn't count

jmcquown[_2_] 13-09-2012 05:56 PM

"meph144" wrote in message ...

I think we all know what fast food is.
It is a type of food you can find almost anywhere which contains lots of
calories, sugar, sodium and unhealthy fats.
(snip)

Tell us something we don't know. Most regulars who read/post here actually
*cook*.

Jill

Gary 13-09-2012 09:20 PM

meph144 wrote:

> In the recent years, many experiments have been done with rats to
> illustrate the “addiction” to high fat or high sugar foods.
> The results suggest that regular consumption of high fat food can alter
> the brain biochemistry so that we crave this food.

Hear that, Brian? ;) Bottom line though is...don't feed this stuff to your
pet rats.

> New research shows that heavy use of fast food causes the degeneration
> of genital organs over time.Most harmfull effects were found out in
> males,showing a shrinkin of an average 1cm per year.

LOL! Resorting to scare tactics now, eh. ;)

> Consumers of fast food, compared to those who eat little or none, are
> 51% more likely to develop depression.Furthermore, a dose-response
> relationship was observed. In other words this means that the more fast
> food you consume, the greater the risk of depression.

Well, I love the stuff but I rarely eat it...maybe 2-3 times a year only.
I'm in the other 49% group though. Whenever I eat it, I've very happy and
not depressed at all.

Thankyou for this info, Mr.Foodbanterhead :-D

G.

Gary 13-09-2012 09:26 PM

goodfood wrote:

> Fast food is inexpensive relative to most other food choices.

That's bullshit, Mr.OtherFoodbanter fellow

I can cook a very healthy meal much cheaper than buying fast food.
I can also cook a very unhealthy fast food meal cheaper than buying it.

G.

Gary 13-09-2012 10:04 PM

Julie Bove wrote:

> I have never eaten a Big Mac nor would I.

That mentality annoys me. Don't discount something if you've never tried
it. Unhealthy? Yeah...but you just might like one occasionally. Occasional
'bad food' isn't going to hurt you. And you are so picky about food,
anything you find you like would be a bonus. You especially should be
willing to try anything once.

I had that rule with my daughter as she was growing up. I would make dinner
and if it contained something new and different (that she never had before),
I insisted that she try just one bite. One bite then if she still didn't
like it, i didn't force it on her.

With my "one bite" rule, she actually ended up liking maybe half the
things...things that she wouldn't have tried otherwise.

G.

Gary 13-09-2012 10:09 PM

ViLco wrote:

> meph144 wrote:
>
> > New research shows that heavy use of fast food causes the degeneration
> > of genital organs over time.Most harmfull effects were found out in
> > males,showing a shrinkin of an average 1cm per year.

> Was that true, there should be millions of males with 0 cm penises. Anyone
> can see them?
> PS Sheldon doesn't count

Sheldon is very unique. Even the tongues on his old shoes are still good.
LOL!

G.

Julie Bove[_2_] 13-09-2012 11:18 PM

Julie Bove[_2_] 13-09-2012 11:29 PM

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> I have never eaten a Big Mac nor would I.

> That mentality annoys me. Don't discount something if you've never tried
> it. Unhealthy? Yeah...but you just might like one occasionally.
> Occasional
> 'bad food' isn't going to hurt you. And you are so picky about food,
> anything you find you like would be a bonus. You especially should be
> willing to try anything once.

No. I am sure I would not like one. I am not really big on hamburgers to
begin with and when I do eat them, they are plain save for lettuce, tomato
and onion. I have seen people eating Big Macs. They have gloppy sauce on
them. For that reason I would not eat one. Healthy or unhealthy has
nothing to do with it. They just don't look appealing to me.

Now a taco? You bet. I would eat that.

But why should I be willing to try something that I *know* is not good for
me? That is something I don't understand.

> I had that rule with my daughter as she was growing up. I would make
> dinner
> and if it contained something new and different (that she never had
> before),
> I insisted that she try just one bite. One bite then if she still didn't
> like it, i didn't force it on her.

My daughter must try things too, *if* they are heathy foods. No way would I
ever tell her that she had to eat a dessert or some sort of junk food.
Never! The schools here teach children from an early age what food is
healthy and what food is not. She even bought herself a book called, "Eat
This! Not That!" It compares convenience and fast food and tells you which
is the better option. We don't necessarily agree that the better option is
actually a good choice. But... She is trying very hard to learn which
foods she should eat.

> With my "one bite" rule, she actually ended up liking maybe half the
> things...things that she wouldn't have tried otherwise.

My daughter has always been good to try things. Always. She doesn't always
like them though.