Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Goodbye septic tank!!!

Andy > wrote:
> OT: Goodbye septic tank!!!
>
> Over the weekend I heard construction up the block. I thought it
> was a neighbor construction, until today. I pulled up my
> driveway and there were trucks up and down the street.
>
> I got out of the car and talked to a worker in his truck, asking
> what's the big deal?" He said a new sewer system. "The whole
> street?" Yes he said. He pointed to a stake on my curb where
> I'll tap into.
>
> The worker was surprised I hadn't heard, saying it's been
> planned for years! Serves me right for not attending township
> meetings!!! Geez!
>
> So after more than 50 years of septic tank usage, by next spring
> that will be a thing of the past!
>
> First thing is add a garbage disposal.
>
> Only potential problem will be getting my neighbor's permission
> to dig a ditch across the side of his front yard and then
> replacing the damage. That or wind and weave the drain pipe up
> and around, staying on my property while minding my white pine
> root systems, etc..
>
> The man I spoke to said it will be finished in two months but I
> have some homework to do on the matter. It's been septic for so
> long, what's a couple more months! :-)

I think I'm paying $250 a year on sewage, based on water usage.

The county was trying to increase property value on lower lot from $3500 to
$30000, and they said it had sewage access. Luckily I got it backed down.
I really didn't have access on that level. All the lines run through the
lots, and I can't build anything over lines.

Greg

Septic nymshifting trolls eat their own shit. Fiona the Sexy!!!!! General Cooking 0 04-12-2016 08:46 PM
Septic System Problems From Using Sanitizing Agents & Cleansers JB Winemaking 10 12-05-2012 10:13 AM
Ping: Wayne - re septic tanks Dee.Dee General Cooking 58 16-01-2008 06:21 PM
Racking from a SS Tank marc Winemaking 5 17-10-2006 07:42 PM
New tank question?? Darren Barbecue 18 08-08-2005 02:03 PM