Old 11-09-2012, 09:42 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Do you eat bread and butter at home?

I eat bread just about every time I eat dinner at a restaurant.

But I almost never eat it at home with dinner.

Do you eat bread at home with dinner?

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
"Shopping makes me smart"
--Ratbert

Old 11-09-2012, 10:01 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/09/2012 6:42 AM, Christopher M. wrote:
I eat bread just about every time I eat dinner at a restaurant.

But I almost never eat it at home with dinner.

Do you eat bread at home with dinner?

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
"Shopping makes me smart"
--Ratbert

I sometimes even eat bread at home "without" the dinner!

--

Krypsis
Old 11-09-2012, 10:07 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 11, 2:01*pm, Krypsis wrote:
On 12/09/2012 6:42 AM, Christopher M. wrote: I eat bread just about every time I eat dinner at a restaurant.

But I almost never eat it at home with dinner.

Do you eat bread at home with dinner?

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
"Shopping makes me smart"
--Ratbert

I sometimes even eat bread at home "without" the dinner!

--

Krypsis

Man, you're a trend setter!
Old 11-09-2012, 10:07 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 11, 1:50*pm, "Christopher M." wrote:
I eat bread just about every time I eat dinner at a restaurant.

But I almost never eat it at home with dinner.

Do you eat bread at home with dinner?

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
"Shopping makes me smart"
--Ratbert

Do you wipe your ass after taking a pooh?
Old 11-09-2012, 10:19 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christopher M." wrote in message
I eat bread just about every time I eat dinner at a restaurant.

But I almost never eat it at home with dinner.

Do you eat bread at home with dinner?

I rarely ever eat bread when I am out. Mainly because I usually don't know
what is in it. I had a Jimmy John's sandwich. Yuck! I had some bread at a
Greek place where they make it from scratch.

At home I might have a sandwich for dinner once in a while. I might have
stuffing. But a roll or a piece of bread with my meal? No. Never. We
didn't have it when I was growing up either.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:36 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/09/2012 7:07 AM, Chemo wrote:
On Sep 11, 2:01 pm, Krypsis wrote:
On 12/09/2012 6:42 AM, Christopher M. wrote: I eat bread just about every time I eat dinner at a restaurant.

But I almost never eat it at home with dinner.

Do you eat bread at home with dinner?

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
"Shopping makes me smart"
--Ratbert

I sometimes even eat bread at home "without" the dinner!

--

Krypsis

Man, you're a trend setter!

Not really! I think it's been done before!

--

Krypsis
Old 11-09-2012, 10:54 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christopher M." wrote in message ...

I eat bread just about every time I eat dinner at a restaurant.

But I almost never eat it at home with dinner.

Do you eat bread at home with dinner?

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

I rarely have bread or rolls with dinner at home. Not unless I'm eating a
sandwich. For no particular reason, I simply don't eat a lot of bread.
Restaurants? They always bring bread to the table. I'm spending my money
on the entrée. I don't fill up on bread.
(Very few restaurants have fantastic bread anyway.)

Jill

Old 11-09-2012, 11:11 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 11, 4:50*pm, "Christopher M." wrote:

Do you eat bread at home with dinner?

Only if it comprises a 'sangwidge"
Old 11-09-2012, 11:16 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 11, 3:05*pm, Andy wrote:
"Christopher M." wrote:
I eat bread just about every time I eat dinner at a
restaurant.

But I almost never eat it at home with dinner.

Do you eat bread at home with dinner?

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
"Shopping makes me smart"
--Ratbert

We used bread and butter as a method to butter up corn on the
cob! And then eat the soaked bread and butter to close the
meal! :-)

Andy

I'm sure you want to take the credit of inventing that concept but you
can't.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:22 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christopher M." wrote:

I eat bread just about every time I eat dinner at a
restaurant.

But I almost never eat it at home with dinner.

Do you eat bread at home with dinner?

That's about how I operate.

Mostly, when defining dinner at home, I do not include more than
one type of carb. So if I include bread, dinner will be otherwise
carbless (no rice, pasta, potatoes etc.), and that doesn't happen
very often.

Steve

Old 11-09-2012, 11:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" wrote in message ...
"Christopher M." wrote:

I eat bread just about every time I eat dinner at a
restaurant.

But I almost never eat it at home with dinner.

Do you eat bread at home with dinner?

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
"Shopping makes me smart"
--Ratbert

We used bread and butter as a method to butter up corn on the
cob! And then eat the soaked bread and butter to close the
meal! :-)

Andy

Very clever. Buttering corn is a bothersome mess.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Old 11-09-2012, 11:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Krypsis" wrote in message
On 12/09/2012 7:07 AM, Chemo wrote:
On Sep 11, 2:01 pm, Krypsis wrote:
On 12/09/2012 6:42 AM, Christopher M. wrote: I eat bread just about
every time I eat dinner at a restaurant.

But I almost never eat it at home with dinner.

Do you eat bread at home with dinner?

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
"Shopping makes me smart"
--Ratbert

I sometimes even eat bread at home "without" the dinner!

--

Krypsis

Man, you're a trend setter!

Not really! I think it's been done before!

Sounds like a trend setter to me. Good for you, Krypsis.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Old 12-09-2012, 12:00 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Il 11/09/2012 22:42, Christopher M. ha scritto:

I eat bread just about every time I eat dinner at a restaurant.

But I almost never eat it at home with dinner.

Do you eat bread at home with dinner?

If I can't eat bread (or a substitute as focaccia, pasta, beans,
whatever) at dinner, I'm not having dinner. Except some rare occasions
--
Vilco
And the Family Stone
Old 12-09-2012, 12:01 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Pope" wrote in message
"Christopher M." wrote:

I eat bread just about every time I eat dinner at a
restaurant.

But I almost never eat it at home with dinner.

Do you eat bread at home with dinner?

That's about how I operate.

Mostly, when defining dinner at home, I do not include more than
one type of carb. So if I include bread, dinner will be otherwise
carbless (no rice, pasta, potatoes etc.), and that doesn't happen
very often.

Steve

Good call, Steve. I still have nightmares about the time in college when I
saw someone eating a spaghetti sandwich. It was almost as disturbing as the
scene in the movie Elf where the "elf" put syrup on spaghetti.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Old 12-09-2012, 12:08 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 11, 1:50*pm, "Christopher M." wrote:
I eat bread just about every time I eat dinner at a restaurant.

But I almost never eat it at home with dinner.

Do you eat bread at home with dinner?

We have rolls at Thanksgiving, but that's about it.

When we go over to our French friends' house, they always serve sliced
baguette.

In my family, only my grandmother's brother wanted bread with each
meal. She gave him sliced sandwich bread with butter.

Catholics Should NOT eat Bread at home [email protected] General Cooking 18 23-11-2016 02:43 AM
Home made bread, First try! pictures viince Sourdough 12 04-01-2008 03:05 PM
Ciabatta bread in a home oven possible by hand? [email protected] Baking 2 29-05-2006 02:48 PM
Proofing bread at home. Fred Baking 32 03-02-2004 11:12 AM
Bread and butter Vilco \(out\) General Cooking 8 03-10-2003 12:42 AM