FoodBanter.com

-   -   Do you eat bread and butter at home? (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/419803-do-you-eat-bread.html)

Christopher M.[_3_] 11-09-2012 09:42 PM

Do you eat bread and butter at home?

I eat bread just about every time I eat dinner at a restaurant.

But I almost never eat it at home with dinner.

Do you eat bread at home with dinner?

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
"Shopping makes me smart"
--Ratbert

Krypsis 11-09-2012 10:01 PM

On 12/09/2012 6:42 AM, Christopher M. wrote:
> I eat bread just about every time I eat dinner at a restaurant.
>
> But I almost never eat it at home with dinner.
>
> Do you eat bread at home with dinner?
>

> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
> "Shopping makes me smart"
> --Ratbert

I sometimes even eat bread at home "without" the dinner!

--

Krypsis

Chemo[_2_] 11-09-2012 10:07 PM

On Sep 11, 2:01*pm, Krypsis > wrote:
> On 12/09/2012 6:42 AM, Christopher M. wrote:> I eat bread just about every time I eat dinner at a restaurant.
>
> > But I almost never eat it at home with dinner.

> > Do you eat bread at home with dinner?

> > W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
> > "Shopping makes me smart"
> > --Ratbert

> I sometimes even eat bread at home "without" the dinner!
>
> --
>
> Krypsis

Man, you're a trend setter!

Chemo[_2_] 11-09-2012 10:07 PM

On Sep 11, 1:50*pm, "Christopher M." > wrote:
> I eat bread just about every time I eat dinner at a restaurant.
>
> But I almost never eat it at home with dinner.
>
> Do you eat bread at home with dinner?
>
> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
> "Shopping makes me smart"
> --Ratbert

Do you wipe your ass after taking a pooh?

Julie Bove[_2_] 11-09-2012 10:19 PM

"Christopher M." > wrote in message
>I eat bread just about every time I eat dinner at a restaurant.
>
> But I almost never eat it at home with dinner.
>
> Do you eat bread at home with dinner?

I rarely ever eat bread when I am out. Mainly because I usually don't know
what is in it. I had a Jimmy John's sandwich. Yuck! I had some bread at a
Greek place where they make it from scratch.

At home I might have a sandwich for dinner once in a while. I might have
stuffing. But a roll or a piece of bread with my meal? No. Never. We
didn't have it when I was growing up either.

Krypsis 11-09-2012 10:36 PM

On 12/09/2012 7:07 AM, Chemo wrote:
> On Sep 11, 2:01 pm, Krypsis > wrote:
>> On 12/09/2012 6:42 AM, Christopher M. wrote:> I eat bread just about every time I eat dinner at a restaurant.
>>
>>> But I almost never eat it at home with dinner.

>>> Do you eat bread at home with dinner?

>>> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
>>> "Shopping makes me smart"
>>> --Ratbert

>> I sometimes even eat bread at home "without" the dinner!
>>
>> --
>>
>> Krypsis

> Man, you're a trend setter!

Not really! I think it's been done before!

--

Krypsis

jmcquown[_2_] 11-09-2012 10:54 PM

Do you eat bread and butter at home?

"Christopher M." wrote in message ...

I eat bread just about every time I eat dinner at a restaurant.

But I almost never eat it at home with dinner.

Do you eat bread at home with dinner?

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

I rarely have bread or rolls with dinner at home. Not unless I'm eating a
sandwich. For no particular reason, I simply don't eat a lot of bread.
Restaurants? They always bring bread to the table. I'm spending my money
on the entrée. I don't fill up on bread.
(Very few restaurants have fantastic bread anyway.)

Jill

Kalmia 11-09-2012 11:11 PM

On Sep 11, 4:50*pm, "Christopher M." > wrote:

> Do you eat bread at home with dinner?

Only if it comprises a 'sangwidge"

Chemo[_2_] 11-09-2012 11:16 PM

On Sep 11, 3:05*pm, Andy > wrote:
> "Christopher M." > wrote:
> > I eat bread just about every time I eat dinner at a
> > restaurant.

> > But I almost never eat it at home with dinner.

> > Do you eat bread at home with dinner?

> > W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
> > "Shopping makes me smart"
> > --Ratbert

> We used bread and butter as a method to butter up corn on the
> cob! And then eat the soaked bread and butter to close the
> meal! :-)
>
> Andy

I'm sure you want to take the credit of inventing that concept but you
can't.

Steve Pope 11-09-2012 11:22 PM

"Christopher M." > wrote:

> I eat bread just about every time I eat dinner at a
> restaurant.

> But I almost never eat it at home with dinner.

> Do you eat bread at home with dinner?

That's about how I operate.

Mostly, when defining dinner at home, I do not include more than
one type of carb. So if I include bread, dinner will be otherwise
carbless (no rice, pasta, potatoes etc.), and that doesn't happen
very often.

Steve

Christopher M.[_3_] 11-09-2012 11:56 PM

"Andy" > wrote in message ...
> "Christopher M." > wrote:
>
>> I eat bread just about every time I eat dinner at a
>> restaurant.
>>
>> But I almost never eat it at home with dinner.
>>
>> Do you eat bread at home with dinner?
>>

>> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
>> "Shopping makes me smart"
>> --Ratbert

> We used bread and butter as a method to butter up corn on the
> cob! And then eat the soaked bread and butter to close the
> meal! :-)
>
> Andy

Very clever. Buttering corn is a bothersome mess.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Christopher M.[_3_] 11-09-2012 11:59 PM

"Krypsis" > wrote in message
> On 12/09/2012 7:07 AM, Chemo wrote:
>> On Sep 11, 2:01 pm, Krypsis > wrote:
>>> On 12/09/2012 6:42 AM, Christopher M. wrote:> I eat bread just about
>>> every time I eat dinner at a restaurant.

>>> I sometimes even eat bread at home "without" the dinner!
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Krypsis

>> Man, you're a trend setter!
>>

> Not really! I think it's been done before!

Sounds like a trend setter to me. Good for you, Krypsis.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

ViLco 12-09-2012 12:00 AM

Il 11/09/2012 22:42, Christopher M. ha scritto:

> I eat bread just about every time I eat dinner at a restaurant.
>
> But I almost never eat it at home with dinner.
>
> Do you eat bread at home with dinner?

If I can't eat bread (or a substitute as focaccia, pasta, beans,
whatever) at dinner, I'm not having dinner. Except some rare occasions
--
Vilco
And the Family Stone

Christopher M.[_3_] 12-09-2012 12:01 AM

"Steve Pope" > wrote in message
> "Christopher M." > wrote:
>
>> I eat bread just about every time I eat dinner at a
>> restaurant.

>> But I almost never eat it at home with dinner.

>> Do you eat bread at home with dinner?

> That's about how I operate.
>
> Mostly, when defining dinner at home, I do not include more than
> one type of carb. So if I include bread, dinner will be otherwise
> carbless (no rice, pasta, potatoes etc.), and that doesn't happen
> very often.
>
> Steve

Good call, Steve. I still have nightmares about the time in college when I
saw someone eating a spaghetti sandwich. It was almost as disturbing as the
scene in the movie Elf where the "elf" put syrup on spaghetti.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

spamtrap1888 12-09-2012 12:08 AM

Do you eat bread and butter at home?

On Sep 11, 1:50*pm, "Christopher M." > wrote:
> I eat bread just about every time I eat dinner at a restaurant.
>
> But I almost never eat it at home with dinner.
>
> Do you eat bread at home with dinner?

We have rolls at Thanksgiving, but that's about it.

When we go over to our French friends' house, they always serve sliced
baguette.

In my family, only my grandmother's brother wanted bread with each
meal. She gave him sliced sandwich bread with butter.

Steve Pope 12-09-2012 12:15 AM

Christopher M. > wrote:

>"Steve Pope" > wrote in message
>> "Christopher M." > wrote:
>>
>>> I eat bread just about every time I eat dinner at a
>>> restaurant.

>>> But I almost never eat it at home with dinner.

>>> Do you eat bread at home with dinner?

>> That's about how I operate.
>>
>> Mostly, when defining dinner at home, I do not include more than
>> one type of carb. So if I include bread, dinner will be otherwise
>> carbless (no rice, pasta, potatoes etc.), and that doesn't happen
>> very often.
>>

>Good call, Steve. I still have nightmares about the time in college when I
>saw someone eating a spaghetti sandwich. It was almost as disturbing as the
>scene in the movie Elf where the "elf" put syrup on spaghetti.

A local bar with kitchen, opened within about the past year, had a
sandwich with french fries on the sandwich. They have now closed.

Steve

Helpful person 12-09-2012 12:16 AM

Do you eat bread and butter at home?

On Sep 11, 4:00*pm, "Christopher M." >

> Very clever. Buttering corn is a bothersome mess.
>
> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

A good way to butter corn for a lot of people is to use a tall
saucepan. Add water and butter and heat. The butter floats to the
surface. Dip the corn and the last layer it sees before coming free
is the butter. Works very well if your doing lots of corn.

Julie Bove[_2_] 12-09-2012 12:54 AM

Do you eat bread and butter at home?

"Christopher M." > wrote in message

> "Andy" > wrote in message
>> "Christopher M." > wrote:
>>
>>> I eat bread just about every time I eat dinner at a
>>> restaurant.
>>>
>>> But I almost never eat it at home with dinner.
>>>
>>> Do you eat bread at home with dinner?
>>>

>>> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
>>> "Shopping makes me smart"
>>> --Ratbert

>> We used bread and butter as a method to butter up corn on the
>> cob! And then eat the soaked bread and butter to close the
>> meal! :-)
>>
>> Andy

> Very clever. Buttering corn is a bothersome mess.

Why would you say that?

Julie Bove[_2_] 12-09-2012 12:54 AM

"ViLco" > wrote in message
> Il 11/09/2012 22:42, Christopher M. ha scritto:
>
>> I eat bread just about every time I eat dinner at a restaurant.
>>
>> But I almost never eat it at home with dinner.
>>
>> Do you eat bread at home with dinner?

> If I can't eat bread (or a substitute as focaccia, pasta, beans, whatever)
> at dinner, I'm not having dinner. Except some rare occasions

I love beans. I would much rather eat them than bread.

Julie Bove[_2_] 12-09-2012 12:56 AM

Do you eat bread and butter at home?

"Christopher M." > wrote in message

> "Steve Pope" > wrote in message
>> "Christopher M." > wrote:
>>
>>> I eat bread just about every time I eat dinner at a
>>> restaurant.

>>> But I almost never eat it at home with dinner.

>>> Do you eat bread at home with dinner?

>> That's about how I operate.
>>
>> Mostly, when defining dinner at home, I do not include more than
>> one type of carb. So if I include bread, dinner will be otherwise
>> carbless (no rice, pasta, potatoes etc.), and that doesn't happen
>> very often.
>>
>> Steve

> Good call, Steve. I still have nightmares about the time in college when I
> saw someone eating a spaghetti sandwich. It was almost as disturbing as
> the scene in the movie Elf where the "elf" put syrup on spaghetti.

My friend's husband would eat spaghetti sandwiches before he went out on
long runs. Some people still like to carb load. My grandpa ate mashed
potato sandwiches.

Ever had a spaghetti taco? Quite good actually.

Julie Bove[_2_] 12-09-2012 12:57 AM

"Steve Pope" > wrote in message
> Christopher M. > wrote:

>>> That's about how I operate.
>>>
>>> Mostly, when defining dinner at home, I do not include more than
>>> one type of carb. So if I include bread, dinner will be otherwise
>>> carbless (no rice, pasta, potatoes etc.), and that doesn't happen
>>> very often.
>>>

>>Good call, Steve. I still have nightmares about the time in college when I
>>saw someone eating a spaghetti sandwich. It was almost as disturbing as
>>the
>>scene in the movie Elf where the "elf" put syrup on spaghetti.

> A local bar with kitchen, opened within about the past year, had a
> sandwich with french fries on the sandwich. They have now closed.

There was some place on a TV show that does that. Have been doing it for
years but I can't remember what city or even state they were in. The lady
who owned the place said there were no options. You got the sandwich as is.
I think there was coleslaw on it too. Bleh.

Julie Bove[_2_] 12-09-2012 12:58 AM

"Helpful person" > wrote in message
On Sep 11, 4:00 pm, "Christopher M." >

> Very clever. Buttering corn is a bothersome mess.
>
> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

A good way to butter corn for a lot of people is to use a tall
saucepan. Add water and butter and heat. The butter floats to the
surface. Dip the corn and the last layer it sees before coming free
is the butter. Works very well if your doing lots of corn.

I no longer have them because we rarely eat corn on the cob. But I used to
have some plastic corn servers that were shaped to fit the corn. You simply
put the butter in it, laid the corn down across it, with the little pokey
things in the ends to hold it and then turned the corn around and around.
The hot corn would melt the butter.

gregz 12-09-2012 01:47 AM

"Christopher M." > wrote:
> "Andy" > wrote in message ...
>> "Christopher M." > wrote:
>>
>>> I eat bread just about every time I eat dinner at a
>>> restaurant.
>>>
>>> But I almost never eat it at home with dinner.
>>>
>>> Do you eat bread at home with dinner?
>>>

>>> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
>>> "Shopping makes me smart"
>>> --Ratbert

>> We used bread and butter as a method to butter up corn on the
>> cob! And then eat the soaked bread and butter to close the
>> meal! :-)
>>
>> Andy

> Very clever. Buttering corn is a bothersome mess.
>

> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

It's never a mess for me. I use very little, and some black pepper.

Bread and butter for breakfast, of course.
Bread with sauces, yes.

At our favorite pasta place, we feast on bread and butter dipped in olive
oil and peppers. This place is only open in summer at lake Erie, by an
Italian who lives in Florida in the winter. He is the only cook, and he
only serves for 4-5 hours. Best I ever ate in a restaurant. Cooking is done
in the dinning room. Secret salad dressing, excellent. Salad, pure lettuce,
iceberg.

Greg

gregz 12-09-2012 01:52 AM

"Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "Steve Pope" > wrote in message
>> Christopher M. > wrote:

>>> Good call, Steve. I still have nightmares about the time in college when I
>>> saw someone eating a spaghetti sandwich. It was almost as disturbing as
>>> the
>>> scene in the movie Elf where the "elf" put syrup on spaghetti.

>> A local bar with kitchen, opened within about the past year, had a
>> sandwich with french fries on the sandwich. They have now closed.

> There was some place on a TV show that does that. Have been doing it for
> years but I can't remember what city or even state they were in. The lady
> who owned the place said there were no options. You got the sandwich as is.
> I think there was coleslaw on it too. Bleh.

Primanti bros from Pittsburgh, use fries. The sandwich was originally
intended for a grab and go, truckers meal. I like it, except the bread
sucks, now. You can't hold it without it falling apart. Need a fork then.

Greg

sf[_9_] 12-09-2012 02:20 AM

Do you eat bread and butter at home?

On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 16:42:39 -0400, "Christopher M."
> wrote:

> I eat bread just about every time I eat dinner at a restaurant.
>
> But I almost never eat it at home with dinner.
>
> Do you eat bread at home with dinner?

Not by habit. If I have guests, I might make homemade dinner rolls or
serve a loaf of San Francisco sourdough.

Christopher M.[_3_] 12-09-2012 02:22 AM

"Steve Pope" > wrote in message
> Christopher M. > wrote:

>>> That's about how I operate.
>>>
>>> Mostly, when defining dinner at home, I do not include more than
>>> one type of carb. So if I include bread, dinner will be otherwise
>>> carbless (no rice, pasta, potatoes etc.), and that doesn't happen
>>> very often.
>>>

>>Good call, Steve. I still have nightmares about the time in college when I
>>saw someone eating a spaghetti sandwich. It was almost as disturbing as
>>the
>>scene in the movie Elf where the "elf" put syrup on spaghetti.

> A local bar with kitchen, opened within about the past year, had a
> sandwich with french fries on the sandwich. They have now closed.

For me it would depend on the number of fries in the sandwich. I saw a
really interesting sandwich on Man vs. Food Nation the other day. I think it
was in Cincinnati.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Christopher M.[_3_] 12-09-2012 02:25 AM

"ViLco" > wrote in message
> Il 11/09/2012 22:42, Christopher M. ha scritto:
>
>> I eat bread just about every time I eat dinner at a restaurant.
>>
>> But I almost never eat it at home with dinner.
>>
>> Do you eat bread at home with dinner?

> If I can't eat bread (or a substitute as focaccia, pasta, beans, whatever)
> at dinner, I'm not having dinner. Except some rare occasions

I know what you mean.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Christopher M.[_3_] 12-09-2012 02:26 AM

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Christopher M." > wrote in message

>>> That's about how I operate.
>>>
>>> Mostly, when defining dinner at home, I do not include more than
>>> one type of carb. So if I include bread, dinner will be otherwise
>>> carbless (no rice, pasta, potatoes etc.), and that doesn't happen
>>> very often.
>>>
>>> Steve

>> Good call, Steve. I still have nightmares about the time in college when
>> I saw someone eating a spaghetti sandwich. It was almost as disturbing as
>> the scene in the movie Elf where the "elf" put syrup on spaghetti.

> My friend's husband would eat spaghetti sandwiches before he went out on
> long runs. Some people still like to carb load. My grandpa ate mashed
> potato sandwiches.
>
> Ever had a spaghetti taco? Quite good actually.

Sounds interesting.

I've had pierogies.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Christopher M.[_3_] 12-09-2012 02:27 AM

Helpful person wrote:
> On Sep 11, 4:00 pm, "Christopher M." >
>>
>> Very clever. Buttering corn is a bothersome mess.
>>
>> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

> A good way to butter corn for a lot of people is to use a tall
> saucepan. Add water and butter and heat. The butter floats to the
> surface. Dip the corn and the last layer it sees before coming free
> is the butter. Works very well if your doing lots of corn.

Great tip. Thanks.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

ImStillMags 12-09-2012 02:28 AM

Do you eat bread and butter at home?

On Sep 11, 1:50*pm, "Christopher M." > wrote:
> I eat bread just about every time I eat dinner at a restaurant.
>
> But I almost never eat it at home with dinner.
>
> Do you eat bread at home with dinner?
>
> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
> "Shopping makes me smart"
> --Ratbert

Not any more. I used to bake bread every week and have it with
meals with butter. One of my favorite things in the world.......but I
don't eat gluten and so I don't do breads much any more. Once in a
while I make some gluten free Chebe bread if I'm having guests, other
than that I just do without.

Christopher M.[_3_] 12-09-2012 02:28 AM

Julie Bove wrote:
> "Christopher M." > wrote in message

>>> We used bread and butter as a method to butter up corn on the
>>> cob! And then eat the soaked bread and butter to close the
>>> meal! :-)
>>>
>>> Andy

>> Very clever. Buttering corn is a bothersome mess.

> Why would you say that?

I'm always trying to reinvent the wheel, and discover different ways to do
things.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Christopher M.[_3_] 12-09-2012 02:30 AM

gregz wrote:
> "Christopher M." > wrote:

>>> We used bread and butter as a method to butter up corn on the
>>> cob! And then eat the soaked bread and butter to close the
>>> meal! :-)
>>>
>>> Andy

>> Very clever. Buttering corn is a bothersome mess.
>>

>> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

> It's never a mess for me. I use very little, and some black pepper.
>
> Bread and butter for breakfast, of course.
> Bread with sauces, yes.

Bread with sauce is delicious.

> At our favorite pasta place, we feast on bread and butter dipped in
> olive oil and peppers. This place is only open in summer at lake
> Erie, by an Italian who lives in Florida in the winter. He is the
> only cook, and he only serves for 4-5 hours. Best I ever ate in a
> restaurant. Cooking is done in the dinning room. Secret salad
> dressing, excellent. Salad, pure lettuce, iceberg.

Olive oil is great. I just worry about the calories.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Christopher M.[_3_] 12-09-2012 02:32 AM

Julie Bove wrote:
> "Steve Pope" > wrote in message
>> Christopher M. > wrote:

>>> Good call, Steve. I still have nightmares about the time in college
>>> when I saw someone eating a spaghetti sandwich. It was almost as
>>> disturbing as the
>>> scene in the movie Elf where the "elf" put syrup on spaghetti.

>> A local bar with kitchen, opened within about the past year, had a
>> sandwich with french fries on the sandwich. They have now closed.

> There was some place on a TV show that does that. Have been doing it
> for years but I can't remember what city or even state they were in. The
> lady who owned the place said there were no options. You got the
> sandwich as is. I think there was coleslaw on it too. Bleh.

Sounds like the episode I saw. There was also some pork. Seemed like an
interesting combo.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Christopher M.[_3_] 12-09-2012 02:35 AM

gregz wrote:
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:

>>> A local bar with kitchen, opened within about the past year, had a
>>> sandwich with french fries on the sandwich. They have now closed.

>> There was some place on a TV show that does that. Have been doing
>> it for years but I can't remember what city or even state they were
>> in. The lady who owned the place said there were no options. You
>> got the sandwich as is. I think there was coleslaw on it too. Bleh.

> Primanti bros from Pittsburgh, use fries. The sandwich was originally
> intended for a grab and go, truckers meal. I like it, except the bread
> sucks, now. You can't hold it without it falling apart. Need a fork
> then.

As far as I'm concerned a po-boy isn't a po-boy unless it's made with good
French bread.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Brooklyn1 12-09-2012 02:45 AM

Do you eat bread and butter at home?

On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 16:42:39 -0400, "Christopher M."
> wrote:

>I eat bread just about every time I eat dinner at a restaurant.
>
>But I almost never eat it at home with dinner.
>
>Do you eat bread at home with dinner?

Depends what's for dinner... tonight was tuna salad sandwiches so I
ate bread with dinner. Generally I don't eat bread with meals unless
the meal is a sandwich. However I've been known to make an entire
meal of a good loaf of just bread.

Brooklyn1 12-09-2012 02:50 AM

Do you eat bread and butter at home?

On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 07:36:32 +1000, Krypsis >
wrote:

>On 12/09/2012 7:07 AM, Chemo wrote:
>> On Sep 11, 2:01 pm, Krypsis > wrote:
>>> On 12/09/2012 6:42 AM, Christopher M. wrote:> I eat bread just about every time I eat dinner at a restaurant.

>>> I sometimes even eat bread at home "without" the dinner!
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Krypsis

>> Man, you're a trend setter!
>>

>Not really! I think it's been done before!

I do that all the time, been doing that all my life.... as a
preschooler my mom would send me to the bakery to buy bread, by the
time I walked that one black back about half a loaf was gone.

Steve Pope 12-09-2012 02:59 AM

Christopher M. > wrote:

>"Steve Pope" > wrote in message

>> A local bar with kitchen, opened within about the past year, had a
>> sandwich with french fries on the sandwich. They have now closed.

>For me it would depend on the number of fries in the sandwich. I saw a
>really interesting sandwich on Man vs. Food Nation the other day. I think it
>was in Cincinnati.

Yeah, I've eaten some garbage plates also.

Stoned again!!!

S.

JolyV 12-09-2012 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christopher M.[_3_] (Post 1770181)
I eat bread just about every time I eat dinner at a restaurant.

But I almost never eat it at home with dinner.

Do you eat bread at home with dinner?

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
"Shopping makes me smart"
--Ratbert

Sometimes, specially with pasta

Farm1[_4_] 12-09-2012 04:05 AM

"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message

> I do that all the time, been doing that all my life.... as a
> preschooler my mom would send me to the bakery to buy bread, by the
> time I walked that one black back about half a loaf was gone.

Snap. I was always sent ot buy a loaf and half (they were the shape called
'Double Married' [2 humps shapes] as they split in half easily). The half
always arrived home as just being a shell of crust as I always ate out the
soft bread inside.

Krypsis 12-09-2012 04:29 AM

On 12/09/2012 11:50 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 07:36:32 +1000, Krypsis >
> wrote:

>>> Man, you're a trend setter!
>>>

>> Not really! I think it's been done before!

> I do that all the time, been doing that all my life.... as a
> preschooler my mom would send me to the bakery to buy bread, by the
> time I walked that one black back about half a loaf was gone.

Used to love the hot bread. It was very lucky to get home because we had
a one mile walk. Makes one very hungry.

--

Krypsis