Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Do you eat bread and butter at home?

On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 21:27:49 -0400, "Christopher M."
> wrote:

>Helpful person wrote:
>> On Sep 11, 4:00 pm, "Christopher M." >
>>>
>>> Very clever. Buttering corn is a bothersome mess.
>>>
>>> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

>> A good way to butter corn for a lot of people is to use a tall
>> saucepan. Add water and butter and heat. The butter floats to the
>> surface. Dip the corn and the last layer it sees before coming free
>> is the butter. Works very well if your doing lots of corn.

>Great tip. Thanks.

We do that using a juice pitcher.

Jo Anne
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christopher M. wrote:
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> Good call, Steve. I still have nightmares about the time in college
>>> when I saw someone eating a spaghetti sandwich. It was almost as
>>> disturbing as the scene in the movie Elf where the "elf" put syrup
>>> on spaghetti.

>> My friend's husband would eat spaghetti sandwiches before he went
>> out on long runs. Some people still like to carb load. My grandpa
>> ate mashed potato sandwiches.
>>
>> Ever had a spaghetti taco? Quite good actually.

> Sounds interesting.
>
> I've had pierogies.

But these days those are pretty common in this country. I remember when you
couldn't get them here in WA. Then I remember when I first bought them.
Every person I fed them to disliked them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

gregz wrote:
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:

>>> A local bar with kitchen, opened within about the past year, had a
>>> sandwich with french fries on the sandwich. They have now closed.

>> There was some place on a TV show that does that. Have been doing
>> it for years but I can't remember what city or even state they were
>> in. The lady who owned the place said there were no options. You
>> got the sandwich as is. I think there was coleslaw on it too. Bleh.

> Primanti bros from Pittsburgh, use fries. The sandwich was originally
> intended for a grab and go, truckers meal. I like it, except the bread
> sucks, now. You can't hold it without it falling apart. Need a fork
> then.

That may well be it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 16:57:09 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> There was some place on a TV show that does that. Have been doing it for
>> years but I can't remember what city or even state they were in. The
>> lady
>> who owned the place said there were no options. You got the sandwich as
>> is.
>> I think there was coleslaw on it too. Bleh.

> Primanti's is featured on all those sandwich documentary shows, and
> they do use cole slaw. You can order the sandwich any way you want -
> with or without any cole slaw or fries. You just imagined that part
> so you would have some reason to hate it.

I didn't imagine anything. I saw an older lady who was making a sandwich
and she said that the first time you had one, you had to get it the way that
they made it. Or something like that. I'm not going to say that this was
the place although I know I have heard the name before.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christopher M." > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Very clever. Buttering corn is a bothersome mess.

>> Why would you say that?

> I'm always trying to reinvent the wheel, and discover different ways to do
> things.

Well, buttering corn was never a problem for me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/09/2012 4:42 PM, Christopher M. wrote:
> I eat bread just about every time I eat dinner at a restaurant.
>
> But I almost never eat it at home with dinner.
>
> Do you eat bread at home with dinner?

I have rolls, usually fresh and without butter.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 11, 4:15*pm, (Steve Pope) wrote:
> Christopher M. > wrote:

> >> That's about how I operate.

> >> Mostly, when defining dinner at home, I do not include more than
> >> one type of carb. *So if I include bread, dinner will be otherwise
> >> carbless (no rice, pasta, potatoes etc.), and that doesn't happen
> >> very often.

> >Good call, Steve. I still have nightmares about the time in college when I
> >saw someone eating a spaghetti sandwich. It was almost as disturbing as the
> >scene in the movie Elf where the "elf" put syrup on spaghetti.

> A local bar with kitchen, opened within about the past year, *had a
> sandwich with french fries on the sandwich. *They have now closed.
>
> Steve

Poor management. Not the sandwich's fault.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 11, 6:30*pm, "Christopher M." > wrote:
> Julie Bove wrote:

> >> Very clever. Buttering corn is a bothersome mess.

> > Why would you say that?

> I'm always trying to reinvent the wheel, and discover different ways to do
> things.
>
> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Yeah, you're a real modern day inventor.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chemo > wrote:

>On Sep 11, 4:15*pm, (Steve Pope) wrote:

>> A local bar with kitchen, opened within about the past year, *had a
>> sandwich with french fries on the sandwich. *They have now closed.

>Poor management. Not the sandwich's fault.

Heh. It had nothing to do with the sandwich, you're right.

Management's story is that the landlord was behaving unreasonably.
Personally, I believe this bar (which shall go unnamed) failed
to hire competent bartenders, in a locale where the bar for
bartending (so to speak) is set pretty high.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chemo wrote:

> "Christopher M." wrote:
> > I'm always trying to reinvent the wheel, and discover different ways to do
> > things

> Yeah, you're a real modern day inventor.

Personally, I'm fine with the wheel and the old snap mousetraps.

G.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> Christopher M. wrote:

>>> My friend's husband would eat spaghetti sandwiches before he went
>>> out on long runs. Some people still like to carb load. My grandpa
>>> ate mashed potato sandwiches.
>>>
>>> Ever had a spaghetti taco? Quite good actually.

>> Sounds interesting.
>>
>> I've had pierogies.

> But these days those are pretty common in this country. I remember when
> you couldn't get them here in WA. Then I remember when I first bought
> them. Every person I fed them to disliked them.

It seemed like an odd combination to me, before I tried them.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Chemo wrote:
>>
>> "Christopher M." wrote:
>> > I'm always trying to reinvent the wheel, and discover different ways to
>> > do
>> > things

>> Yeah, you're a real modern day inventor.

> Personally, I'm fine with the wheel and the old snap mousetraps.
>
> G.

I'm fond of wheelbarrows.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 12, 1:47*pm, Gary > wrote:
> Chemo wrote:
>
> > "Christopher M." wrote:
> > > I'm always trying to reinvent the wheel, and discover different ways to do
> > > things

> > Yeah, you're a real modern day inventor.

> Personally, I'm fine with the wheel and the old snap mousetraps.
>
> G.

Both work very well.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 12, 2:46*pm, "Christopher M." > wrote:
> "Gary" > wrote in ....
> > Chemo wrote:

> >> Yeah, you're a real modern day inventor.

> > Personally, I'm fine with the wheel and the old snap mousetraps.

> > G.

> I'm fond of wheelbarrows.
>
> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

There's help out there for that kinda thing.
Senior Member

Yes Sometimes i have bread & butter at home mostly in breakfast !!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Sep 2012 11:17:11 +0000, goodfood
> wrote:

>Yes Sometimes i have bread & butter at home mostly in breakfast !!

Ah yes, breakfast. With eggs I always have bread. Real sourdough rye,
toast if it is white, or an English muffin. Weekday mornings a couple
of days will be toast and peanut butter.

Tomorrow will be hard boiled egg (already made), nuked leftover bacon
and a slice of raisin bread.

At other meals, we rarely have bread. If we do, it will be Italian
bread when having a meal with sauce. I'd never put sliced white
bread out for a meal. That is strictly for sandwiches and occasion
toast for breakfast.

With bread, we use real butter too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 11, 4:19*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "Christopher M." > wrote in message

> >I eat bread just about every time I eat dinner at a restaurant.

> > But I almost never eat it at home with dinner.

> > Do you eat bread at home with dinner?

> I rarely ever eat bread when I am out. *Mainly because I usually don't know
> what is in it. *I had a Jimmy John's sandwich. *Yuck! *I had some bread at a
> Greek place where they make it from scratch.

You take any opportunity to whine and complain about food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 11, 6:15*pm, (Steve Pope) wrote:
> Christopher M. > wrote:

> >> That's about how I operate.

> >> Mostly, when defining dinner at home, I do not include more than
> >> one type of carb. *So if I include bread, dinner will be otherwise
> >> carbless (no rice, pasta, potatoes etc.), and that doesn't happen
> >> very often.

> >Good call, Steve. I still have nightmares about the time in college when I
> >saw someone eating a spaghetti sandwich. It was almost as disturbing as the
> >scene in the movie Elf where the "elf" put syrup on spaghetti.

> A local bar with kitchen, opened within about the past year, *had a
> sandwich with french fries on the sandwich. *They have now closed.

Well *duh* everyone was too full of bread and potatoes to swill any
suds!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 11, 6:55*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "ViLco" > wrote in message

> > Il 11/09/2012 22:42, Christopher M. ha scritto:

> >> I eat bread just about every time I eat dinner at a restaurant.

> >> But I almost never eat it at home with dinner.

> >> Do you eat bread at home with dinner?

> > If I can't eat bread (or a substitute as focaccia, pasta, beans, whatever)
> > at dinner, I'm not having dinner. Except some rare occasions

> I love beans. *I would much rather eat them than bread.

Then do so, and shut the **** up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 11, 8:30*pm, "Christopher M." > wrote:
> Helpful person wrote:
> > On Sep 11, 4:00 pm, "Christopher M." >

> >> Very clever. Buttering corn is a bothersome mess.

> >> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

> > A good way to butter corn for a lot of people is to use a tall
> > saucepan. *Add water and butter and heat. *The butter floats to the
> > surface. *Dip the corn and the last layer it sees before coming free
> > is the butter. *Works very well if your doing lots of corn.

> Great tip. Thanks.

A meeting of the mindless.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

projectile vomit chick > wrote:

>On Sep 11, 6:15*pm, (Steve Pope) wrote:

>> A local bar with kitchen, opened within about the past year, *had a
>> sandwich with french fries on the sandwich. *They have now closed.

>Well *duh* everyone was too full of bread and potatoes to swill any
>suds!

Probably right.

Steve

Experienced Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher M.[_3_] View Post
I eat bread just about every time I eat dinner at a restaurant.

But I almost never eat it at home with dinner.

Do you eat bread at home with dinner?

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
"Shopping makes me smart"
--Ratbert
Bread in dinner never tried and never thought about it.

Catholics Should NOT eat Bread at home [email protected] General Cooking 18 23-11-2016 01:43 AM
Home made bread, First try! pictures viince Sourdough 12 04-01-2008 02:05 PM
Ciabatta bread in a home oven possible by hand? [email protected] Baking 2 29-05-2006 02:48 PM
Proofing bread at home. Fred Baking 32 03-02-2004 10:12 AM
Bread and butter Vilco \(out\) General Cooking 8 03-10-2003 12:42 AM