Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Olive Oil again

About a month ago Gary mentioned the olive oil store in Virginia
Beach, VA. We went there yesterday and I was overwhelmed by the
variety of olive oils there. There are oils from many countries that
I never knew produced olive oil, much less really good. All of the
oils are first pressing and have been analyzed. How about a
EVOO/Blood Orange. The orange is actually pressed with the olives,
not just something that is later added. I love it.

They also carry Balsamic vinegar. You can taste all of the oils and
vinegars and if you like it, you bottle it A 200ml bottle was $13.
We got a great lesson. And I came home with 6 bottles, oil and
vinegar. Now to start putting them to good use.
--
Susan N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz > wrote:

>$65/liter is quite a lot. The markup on those, especially being in
>distributed in bulk like that, must be enormous. You can buy some
>pretty darn good Tuscano or California olive oil for $15/liter.

You can, but if you want something that's a notch better, $65/liter
is probably about right. That's what I pay ($33/500 ml) for
a good DOP olive oil.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

The Cook wrote:

> About a month ago Gary mentioned the olive oil store in Virginia
> Beach, VA. We went there yesterday and I was overwhelmed by the
> variety of olive oils there. There are oils from many countries that
> I never knew produced olive oil, much less really good. All of the
> oils are first pressing and have been analyzed. How about a
> EVOO/Blood Orange. The orange is actually pressed with the olives,
> not just something that is later added. I love it.

In Tuscany there'a a company who makes an oil where the olives are press
along with some naga morich hot peppers, some friends are raving about it,
I'll have to roder some.

> They also carry Balsamic vinegar. You can taste all of the oils and
> vinegars and if you like it, you bottle it A 200ml bottle was $13.
> We got a great lesson. And I came home with 6 bottles, oil and
> vinegar. Now to start putting them to good use.

Good, tasting is the best way to get to know oil

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 10:31:23 +0200, "ViLco" > wrote:

>The Cook wrote:
>
>> About a month ago Gary mentioned the olive oil store in Virginia
>> Beach, VA. We went there yesterday and I was overwhelmed by the
>> variety of olive oils there. There are oils from many countries that
>> I never knew produced olive oil, much less really good. All of the
>> oils are first pressing and have been analyzed. How about a
>> EVOO/Blood Orange. The orange is actually pressed with the olives,
>> not just something that is later added. I love it.

>In Tuscany there'a a company who makes an oil where the olives are press
>along with some naga morich hot peppers, some friends are raving about it,
>I'll have to roder some.

They do the same with nasty vodka... novel way to cover up bad olive
oil. That's Italian Tex Mex.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 11, 8:21*am, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 10:31:23 +0200, "ViLco" > wrote:
> >The Cook wrote:

> >> About a month ago Gary mentioned the olive oil store in Virginia
> >> Beach, VA. *We went there yesterday and I was overwhelmed by the
> >> variety of olive oils there. *There are oils from many countries that
> >> I never knew produced olive oil, much less really good. *All of the
> >> oils are first pressing and have been analyzed. *How about a
> >> EVOO/Blood Orange. *The orange is actually pressed with the olives,
> >> not just something that is later added. *I love it.

> >In Tuscany there'a a company who makes an oil where the olives are press
> >along with some naga morich hot peppers, some friends are raving about it,
> >I'll have to roder some.

> They do the same with nasty vodka... novel way to cover up bad olive
> oil. That's Italian Tex Mex.

Exactly. It's always better to buy a better product and infuse it
yourself if you like flavored oils or vinegars.

http://www.richardfisher.com

Olive oil Gary General Cooking 163 04-09-2012 02:18 PM
olive oil [email protected] General Cooking 0 28-02-2008 09:50 AM
Olive Dip Sue Ulrich Recipes (moderated) 0 17-02-2008 06:31 PM
Sinai Exporter for Olive & Extra Virgin Olive Oil [email protected] General Cooking 1 12-08-2006 10:24 AM
Sinai Exporter for Olive & Extra Virgin Olive Oil [email protected] Marketplace 0 12-08-2006 06:27 AM