FoodBanter.com

-   -   Spleen-friendly diet (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/419629-spleen-friendly-diet.html)

Mark Thorson 02-09-2012 08:00 PM

Spleen-friendly diet

I'd never heard of a spleen-friendly diet, but leave it
to your most reliable source of dietary advice to tell us
about it.

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/7926383.html

John H. Gohde 02-09-2012 08:20 PM

Spleen-friendly diet

On Sep 2, 1:56*pm, Mark Thorson > wrote:
> I'd never heard of a spleen-friendly diet, but leave it
> to your most reliable source of dietary advice to tell us
> about it.

It's funny how readily you choose to make a fool of yourself by
spouting forth on things you know nothing about.

George M. Middius[_2_] 02-09-2012 08:56 PM

Spleen-friendly diet

John H. Gohde wrote:

> > I'd never heard of a spleen-friendly diet, but leave it
> > to your most reliable source of dietary advice to tell us
> > about it.

> It's funny how readily you choose to make a fool of yourself by
> spouting forth on things you know nothing about.

Is it true that nerds voluntarily have their humor glands removed so
they can wallow in "science" stuff all day long?

Dave Smith[_1_] 02-09-2012 09:26 PM

Spleen-friendly diet

On 02/09/2012 3:00 PM, Mark Thorson wrote:
> I'd never heard of a spleen-friendly diet, but leave it
> to your most reliable source of dietary advice to tell us
> about it.
>
> http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/7926383.html

Does it involve food grade propane?

John H. Gohde 03-09-2012 12:28 AM

Spleen-friendly diet

On Sep 2, 3:56*pm, George M. Middius > wrote:
> John H. Gohde wrote:
> > > I'd never heard of a spleen-friendly diet, but leave it
> > > to your most reliable source of dietary advice to tell us
> > > about it.

> > It's funny how readily you choose to make a fool of yourself by
> > spouting forth on things you know nothing about.

> Is it true that nerds voluntarily have their humor glands removed so
> they can wallow in "science" stuff all day long?

No one cares about your opinion. You clearly do NOT know what you are
talking about.

George M. Middius[_2_] 03-09-2012 12:47 AM

Spleen-friendly diet

John H. Gohde wrote:

> > Is it true that nerds voluntarily have their humor glands removed so
> > they can wallow in "science" stuff all day long?

> No one cares about your opinion. You clearly do NOT know what you are
> talking about.

Hmmm.... Checklist for nerdism:

• immediate adoption of defensive posture
• unqualified dismissal of unsettling data points
• inappropriate use of EMPHASIS
• inability to comprehend subtext
• patent insecurity about claimed intellectual credentials

Three hits means you might only suffer from arrested development. Four
hits means you are borderline paranoid. Five hits means you're a
ticking bomb who should be confined for the safety of your neighbors.

If you post your address, we'll contact the authorities on your behalf
and have you committed.

Cindy Fuller[_2_] 03-09-2012 01:38 AM

Spleen-friendly diet

In article >,
Mark Thorson > wrote:

> I'd never heard of a spleen-friendly diet, but leave it
> to your most reliable source of dietary advice to tell us
> about it.
>
> http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/7926383.html

Mark,

Thanks for reminding me why I no longer read "sci.med.nutrition".

Several years ago I was found to have splenosis. My spleen was ruptured
in an auto accident many years ago, and some of the cells that didn't
get removed took up residence on my left kidney in two spots. I'm not
sure I need to encourage these spleenettes by dietary or other means.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me