Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

Default Finally found a decent gluten free bread !!!

Pretty much all the gluten free bread products I've tried are
horrible. Dry, tasteless and fall apart stuff.

The only one I've liked so far is on you have to make yourself, Chebe
Bread mix. I really like that one since you can play with it to make
different things like hamburger buns, even bagels and cinnamon rolls.

But.....ta da !!! Yesterday I found a gluten free bread that is
actually BREAD LIKE !!
Franz Bakery is a commercial bakery that supplies restaurants and
grocery stores. I used Franz bread in the restaurant, it's very high
quality stuff and they have good variety.

Here's the story. Our driver, who delivers to customers, told me
about stopping at a Franz Bakery outlet store and he saw some gluten
free stuff. So I told him the next time he was in that area to stop
by, call me, and let me know what they had. He did. They have a
"multi grain" loaf and also hamburger buns.

They contain: brown rice flour, tapioca flour, whole grain sorghum
flour, potato flour, whole grain millet, sesame seeds, eggs, olive
oil, yeast, sea salt, organic agave syrup, xanthan gum, natural
enzymes.

It tastes like BREAD, not like cardboard.

It's basically the same carb count as regular multigrain bread, no
trans fats, has good protein per serving (4g) and is soft and springy
like a good loaf of sandwich bread should be.

I had a hamburger for dinner last evening.....on a real bun. What a
treat!

It's pricey. Even at the outlet it was almost $5 for a loaf or a
pack of 4 hamburger buns.
That's ok by me. I don't want to go back to eating a lot of bread
because I don't need the carbs but it's freaking fabulous to be able
to have a sandwich now and then.

The parent company is United States Bakery out of Portland, Oregon.
So you may be able to find this if you have Franz in your area or
another label from the same parent bakery.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Bakery
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

I just checked their website and they don't have the gluten free line
listed. My hunch is that they rolled it out to see how it was going
to do before they put it into permanent production and put it on the
website.

I hope it sells well....i think it will it's that good. I'd like to
have it around for a long time.

http://franzbakery.com/

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Aug 18, 7:16*am, ImStillMags > wrote:
> I just checked their website and they don't have the gluten free line
> listed. * My hunch is that they rolled it out to see how it was going
> to do before they put it into permanent production and put it on the
> website.
>
> I hope it sells well....i think it will it's that good. * I'd like to
> have it around for a long time.
>
> http://franzbakery.com/

I just sent them an email extolling the bread and telling them to keep
it around for a long time. I'll see what I get back in reply.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ImStillMags wrote:

> On Aug 18, 7:16 am, ImStillMags > wrote:
> > I just checked their website and they don't have the gluten free line
> > listed. My hunch is that they rolled it out to see how it was going
> > to do before they put it into permanent production and put it on the
> > website.
> >
> > I hope it sells well....i think it will it's that good. I'd like to
> > have it around for a long time.
> >
> > http://franzbakery.com/

> I just sent them an email extolling the bread and telling them to keep
> it around for a long time. I'll see what I get back in reply.

Your reply:
Nope. No more bread for you, pal. We have filed for bankruptcy and will
sue whoever our lawyers can figure out for some nip of liability. If you
have purchased our bread in the past and used a credit or debit card, you
might be liable yourself. We advise you contact your attorney.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Aug 18, 10:08*am, franz bakery kids > wrote:

> > I just sent them an email extolling the bread and telling them to keep
> > it around for a long time. *I'll see what I get back in reply.

> Your reply:
> Nope. *No more bread for you, pal. *We have filed for bankruptcy and will
> sue whoever our lawyers can figure out for some nip of liability. If you
> have purchased our bread in the past and used a credit or debit card, you
> might be liable yourself. *We advise you contact your attorney.

Ha....well, I'll let you know what they say.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/18/2012 10:11 AM, ImStillMags wrote:

> I had a hamburger for dinner last evening.....on a real bun. What a
> treat!
>
> It's pricey. Even at the outlet it was almost $5 for a loaf or a
> pack of 4 hamburger buns.
> That's ok by me. I don't want to go back to eating a lot of bread
> because I don't need the carbs but it's freaking fabulous to be able
> to have a sandwich now and then.

I'm glad you found something that works for you, and I agree, it's a
nice treat to have a burger on a bun. Nice find!

Sourdough gluten free bread ImStillMags General Cooking 11 12-03-2013 06:42 AM
If you are gluten free here's something I found today ImStillMags General Cooking 5 17-10-2011 02:45 AM
gluten free bread falls MisterB Baking 1 25-11-2007 09:02 PM
Gluten Free bread Tim Recipes 0 15-06-2005 03:12 AM
Seeking gluten-free bread recipes whitewater262 General Cooking 1 17-04-2005 12:43 AM