Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default 2012-08-10 Dinner

assorted radishes with grey salt, sesame focaccia, and homemade butter

spicy black-eyed pea pancakes, sour cream, and caviar

sea bass steaks meunière
potato purée
baked onions with rue-sherry gastrique

salad of fennel, celery, escarole, and purslane with apple-mint vinaigrette

mixed-berry trifle with corn pound cake and lemon verbena pastry cream

I'd prepared a cheese course of Fourme d'Ambert with cherry balsamic,
honey, and parsnip chips, but we skipped it so that we'd have room for
dessert.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> assorted radishes with grey salt, sesame focaccia, and homemade butter
>
> spicy black-eyed pea pancakes, sour cream, and caviar
>
> sea bass steaks meunière
> potato purée
> baked onions with rue-sherry gastrique
>
> salad of fennel, celery, escarole, and purslane with apple-mint vinaigrette
>
> mixed-berry trifle with corn pound cake and lemon verbena pastry cream
>

> I'd prepared a cheese course of Fourme d'Ambert with cherry balsamic,
> honey, and parsnip chips, but we skipped it so that we'd have room for
> dessert.
>
> Bob

You have to be the most imaginative cook here. Do you ever think
of entering contests?

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 Aug 2012 22:21:36 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:

>Bob Terwilliger wrote:
>> assorted radishes with grey salt, sesame focaccia, and homemade butter
>>
>> spicy black-eyed pea pancakes, sour cream, and caviar
>>
>> sea bass steaks meunière
>> potato purée
>> baked onions with rue-sherry gastrique
>>
>> salad of fennel, celery, escarole, and purslane with apple-mint vinaigrette
>>
>> mixed-berry trifle with corn pound cake and lemon verbena pastry cream
>>

>> I'd prepared a cheese course of Fourme d'Ambert with cherry balsamic,
>> honey, and parsnip chips, but we skipped it so that we'd have room for
>> dessert.
>>
>> Bob

>You have to be the most imaginative keyboard kook here. Do you ever think
>of entering contests?

You took the words right off my keyboard.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jean B. wrote:

> You have to be the most imaginative cook here.

It's very kind of you to say so. Thank you!

> Do you ever think of entering contests?

No, because I have no interest in cooking in a professional kitchen. I'm
happy just tinkering in the kitchen at home. I'm almost at the end of my
vacation, so the current spate of cooking activity is winding down.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Aug 2012 22:21:36 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:
>
>> Bob Terwilliger wrote:
>>> assorted radishes with grey salt, sesame focaccia, and homemade butter
>>>
>>> spicy black-eyed pea pancakes, sour cream, and caviar
>>>
>>> sea bass steaks meunière
>>> potato purée
>>> baked onions with rue-sherry gastrique
>>>
>>> salad of fennel, celery, escarole, and purslane with apple-mint vinaigrette
>>>
>>> mixed-berry trifle with corn pound cake and lemon verbena pastry cream
>>>

>>> I'd prepared a cheese course of Fourme d'Ambert with cherry balsamic,
>>> honey, and parsnip chips, but we skipped it so that we'd have room for
>>> dessert.
>>>
>>> Bob

>> You have to be the most imaginative keyboard kook here. Do you ever think
>> of entering contests?

> You took the words right off my keyboard.

Oh dear. Did *I* type that?... No! You really gave me a scare
there.

--
Jean B.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> Jean B. wrote:
>
>> You have to be the most imaginative cook here.

> It's very kind of you to say so. Thank you!
>

>> Do you ever think of entering contests?

> No, because I have no interest in cooking in a professional kitchen. I'm
> happy just tinkering in the kitchen at home. I'm almost at the end of my
> vacation, so the current spate of cooking activity is winding down.
>
> Bob

You off to the Middle East again?

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jean B. wrote:

> You off to the Middle East again?

No, but I work a 12-hour shift during my normal work-week, so there's no
time for me to do anything nearly as elaborate as I did on my vacation.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger wrote:

> > You off to the Middle East again?

> No, but I work a 12-hour shift during my normal work-week, so there's no
> time for me to do anything nearly as elaborate as I did on my vacation.

I thought you said you work for Habitats for Humans. Y'know, with
Jimmy Carter & friends.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/11/2012 10:21 PM, Jean B. wrote:
> Bob Terwilliger wrote:
>> assorted radishes with grey salt, sesame focaccia, and homemade butter
>>
>> spicy black-eyed pea pancakes, sour cream, and caviar
>>
>> sea bass steaks meunière
>> potato purée
>> baked onions with rue-sherry gastrique
>>
>> salad of fennel, celery, escarole, and purslane with apple-mint
>> vinaigrette
>>
>> mixed-berry trifle with corn pound cake and lemon verbena pastry cream
>>

>> I'd prepared a cheese course of Fourme d'Ambert with cherry balsamic,
>> honey, and parsnip chips, but we skipped it so that we'd have room for
>> dessert.
>>
>> Bob

> You have to be the most imaginative cook here. Do you ever think of
> entering contests?

Agree! I love reading his menus.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> No, but I work a 12-hour shift during my normal work-week, so there's no
> time for me to do anything nearly as elaborate as I did on my vacation.
>
> Bob

Ah, that's understandable. So you go all out when you can.
--
Jean B.