Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default One cup of rice, cooked

Sqwertz wrote:

> ObFood: Chicken, sweetbreads, and smashed potatoes tonight
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwertz...in/photostream

If you don't mind telling, I'd love to know what spices you put on those
potatoes. They look extremely tasty. Plus they look either baked or
grilled.

Gary
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote:
>> ObFood: Chicken, sweetbreads, and smashed potatoes tonight
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwertz...in/photostream

> If you don't mind telling, I'd love to know what spices you put on those
> potatoes. They look extremely tasty. Plus they look either baked or
> grilled.
>
> Gary

Hmmm. They have me thinking of smashed potatoes, which are quite
popular. I bet these are Steve's own idea, uninfluenced by any
recipe or technique though.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Aug 2012 15:28:47 -0400, Gary wrote:
>
>> Sqwertz wrote:
>>> ObFood: Chicken, sweetbreads, and smashed potatoes tonight
>>>
>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwertz...in/photostream

>> If you don't mind telling, I'd love to know what spices you put on those
>> potatoes. They look extremely tasty.

> Rosemary, pepper, and thyme.
>
>> Plus they look either baked or grilled.

> Your 0 for 2. They are halved, boiled, cooled, smashed with pasty
> fork, drizzled with EVOO, sprayed quickly with PAM, spiced and then
> broiled until they get crispy tops and the skin underneth fries in the
> EVOO that ran over.
>
> I think I'll go down and have some of those leftovers now...
>
> -sw

Hmmm. I'd have to cf the Pioneer Lady's smashed potatoes....
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/9/2012 8:23 PM, Jean B. wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote:

I jusr
>>> If you don't mind telling, I'd love to know what spices you put on those
>>> potatoes. They look extremely tasty.

>> Rosemary, pepper, and thyme.
>>
>>> Plus they look either baked or grilled.

>> Your 0 for 2. They are halved, boiled, cooled, smashed with pasty
>> fork, drizzled with EVOO, sprayed quickly with PAM, spiced and then
>> broiled until they get crispy tops and the skin underneth fries in the
>> EVOO that ran over.
>>
>> I think I'll go down and have some of those leftovers now...
>>
>> -sw

> Hmmm. I'd have to cf the Pioneer Lady's smashed potatoes....

I just discovered I like sweet potatoes but not done sweet. I wonder if
they'd be good done the PW's (Pioneer woman) smashed potato way?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 01:34:24 -0400, Cheryl >
wrote:

> I just discovered I like sweet potatoes but not done sweet. I wonder if
> they'd be good done the PW's (Pioneer woman) smashed potato way?

It would be good, but not crispy like the PW recipe. I adore sweet
potatoes and always make them savory style. Have you ever put them
into a fusion curry with coconut milk? It's to die for!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 17:36:48 -0400, Gary > wrote:

> Disability and unemployment benefits were set up to help people that are
> really in need. Sadly, all the worthless people take advantage of that for
> as long as they can get away with it.

There's always someone who will take advantage of the system.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Aug 2012 20:22:51 -0400, Jean B. wrote:
>
>> Gary wrote:

>>> If you don't mind telling, I'd love to know what spices you put on those
>>> potatoes. They look extremely tasty. Plus they look either baked or
>>> grilled.
>>>
>>> Gary

>> Hmmm. They have me thinking of smashed potatoes, which are quite
>> popular. I bet these are Steve's own idea, uninfluenced by any
>> recipe or technique though.

> I remember a few people talking about them here before I tried them.
> I didn't really pay much attention at the time until one day I just
> did it.
>
> Halving them and spraying with Pam are sqwertz original touches which
> I've been doing since the first time I did them. A short burst of Pam
> provides better coverage for any spots you may have missed with the
> EVOO and makes for more even browning.
>
> -sw

Yeah, I figured you basically just did them. That is more your
style.--Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 01:34:24 -0400, Cheryl wrote:
>
>> On 8/9/2012 8:23 PM, Jean B. wrote:
>>
>>> Hmmm. I'd have to cf the Pioneer Lady's smashed potatoes....

>> I just discovered I like sweet potatoes but not done sweet. I wonder if
>> they'd be good done the PW's (Pioneer woman) smashed potato way?

> FWIW, PW's are called "Crash Hot Potatoes". Mine are smashed, not
> crashed :-)
>
> -sw

Funny that I remembered them as smashed. Maybe because they are
smashed (even if "Crash").