Old 08-08-2012, 12:36 AM posted to sci.chem,rec.food.cooking,sci.med,sci.med.pharmacy

Default mold

Cleaning out my fridge, I sometimes find green
moldy unnamed stuff, from the Paleozoic era.

So I wonder, let's say bread has a bit of mold,
not too much, maybe you pull it out in the dark,
you're drunk, you don't even notice it, Is it toxic?

--
Rich

Old 08-08-2012, 01:26 AM posted to sci.chem,rec.food.cooking,sci.med,sci.med.pharmacy

On Aug 7, 4:36*pm, RichD wrote:
Cleaning out my fridge, I sometimes find green
moldy unnamed stuff, from the Paleozoic era.

So I wonder, let's say bread has a bit of mold,
not too much, maybe you pull it out in the dark,
you're drunk, you don't even notice it, Is it toxic?

Keep your bread in the freezer. Most real bread will let you pull off
a couple slices at a time.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:47 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

RichD wrote:
Cleaning out my fridge, I sometimes find green
moldy unnamed stuff, from the Paleozoic era.

So I wonder, let's say bread has a bit of mold,
not too much, maybe you pull it out in the dark,
you're drunk, you don't even notice it, Is it toxic?

--
Rich

If bread is damp in the fridge I let it breathe. It seems to last forever.
I have heard a fellow loosing his face from bread mold in his sinuses.
Never ate a lot, but never got sick. I guess opened bread could get exposed
to more toxic versions.

Greg
Old 08-08-2012, 04:46 AM posted to sci.chem,rec.food.cooking,sci.med,sci.med.pharmacy

In article 9373258c-e36a-404b-beaa-0ac3fcf54cc3
@k21g2000vbn.googlegroups.com, says...

Cleaning out my fridge, I sometimes find green
moldy unnamed stuff, from the Paleozoic era.

So I wonder, let's say bread has a bit of mold,
not too much, maybe you pull it out in the dark,
you're drunk, you don't even notice it, Is it toxic?

Depends, are you allergic to penicillin?

Old 08-08-2012, 06:44 PM posted to sci.chem,rec.food.cooking,sci.med,sci.med.pharmacy

On 8/7/2012 9:46 PM, J. Clarke wrote:
In article 9373258c-e36a-404b-beaa-0ac3fcf54cc3
@k21g2000vbn.googlegroups.com, says...

Cleaning out my fridge, I sometimes find green
moldy unnamed stuff, from the Paleozoic era.

So I wonder, let's say bread has a bit of mold,
not too much, maybe you pull it out in the dark,
you're drunk, you don't even notice it, Is it toxic?

Depends, are you allergic to penicillin?

Allergy isn't the only danger. Some molds are carcinogenic.

gloria p
Old 08-08-2012, 08:52 PM posted to sci.chem,rec.food.cooking,sci.med,sci.med.pharmacy

In article ,
gloria p wrote:

Allergy isn't the only danger. Some molds are carcinogenic.

It seems almost all food is carcinogenic. Wheatena is essentially banned
in California because it has the same carcinogen as most baked wheat
products. Even broccoli and other brassicas. considered by many to be an
anti-cancer food, has carcinogens in it.

--

Sam

Liberals are for Darwinism but totally against any selection.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:17 PM posted to sci.chem,rec.food.cooking,sci.med,sci.med.pharmacy

On Aug 8, 12:52*pm, Salmon Egg wrote:
In article ,
*gloria p wrote:

Allergy isn't the only danger. *Some molds are carcinogenic.

It seems almost all food is carcinogenic. Wheatena is essentially banned
in California because it has the same carcinogen as most baked wheat
products. Even broccoli and other brassicas. considered by many to be an
anti-cancer food, has carcinogens in it.

Wheatena isn't banned -- they just have to disclose the amount of
carcinogen/neurotoxin it contains.
Old 09-08-2012, 04:56 AM posted to sci.chem,rec.food.cooking,sci.med,sci.med.pharmacy

In article
,
spamtrap1888 wrote:

It seems almost all food is carcinogenic. Wheatena is essentially banned
in California because it has the same carcinogen as most baked wheat
products. Even broccoli and other brassicas. considered by many to be an
anti-cancer food, has carcinogens in it.

Wheatena isn't banned -- they just have to disclose the amount of
carcinogen/neurotoxin it contains.

I used the word "essentially." How many bread or melba toast purveyors
tell you how much carcinogen is in their product. If you were selling a
product that has been on the market for well over a hundred years, how
would you like to print a "cigarette label" on your product. I am
willing to sign a health disclaimer when I buy Wheatena for my
consumption even though it does contain a carcinogen even if the
producer will not admit it.

For now, it seems that the manufacturer is not whipping Wheatena into
California, and a few other states.

Old 09-08-2012, 08:11 AM posted to sci.chem,rec.food.cooking,sci.med,sci.med.pharmacy

On Aug 8, 8:56*pm, Salmon Egg wrote:
In article
,

*spamtrap1888 wrote:
It seems almost all food is carcinogenic. Wheatena is essentially banned
in California because it has the same carcinogen as most baked wheat
products. Even broccoli and other brassicas. considered by many to be an
anti-cancer food, has carcinogens in it.

Wheatena isn't banned -- they just have to disclose the amount of
carcinogen/neurotoxin it contains.

I used the word "essentially." How many bread or melba toast purveyors
tell you how much carcinogen is in their product.

Actually Melba toast's levels are relatively modest. Ry-Krisp is the
one to avoid.

Wheatena is well up there, though. Other people pledged to cut down
the amount of acrylamide in their products, and many are at
undetectable levels. It has 5 to 30 times the amount of other cereals.

http://www.fda.gov/food/foodsafety/f.../ucm053549.htm

If you were selling a
product that has been on the market for well over a hundred years, how
would you like to print a "cigarette label" on your product. I am
willing to sign a health disclaimer when I buy Wheatena for my
consumption even though it does contain a carcinogen even if the
producer will not admit it.

For now, it seems that the manufacturer is not whipping Wheatena into
California, and a few other states.

The people voted for notification. You can't go anywhere without
seeing a Prop. 65 warning though, so I don't know what Wheatena's
problem is. Let their Calif distributor slap stickers on, if they
don't want to let other states know.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:18 PM posted to sci.chem,rec.food.cooking,sci.med,sci.med.pharmacy

In article
,
RichD wrote:

Cleaning out my fridge, I sometimes find green
moldy unnamed stuff, from the Paleozoic era.

So I wonder, let's say bread has a bit of mold,
not too much, maybe you pull it out in the dark,
you're drunk, you don't even notice it, Is it toxic?

--
Rich

Not if you don't die within three days.
--
Barb,
http://www.barbschaller.com, as of June 6, 2012
Old 10-08-2012, 01:46 PM posted to sci.chem,rec.food.cooking,sci.med,sci.med.pharmacy

"Melba's Jammin'" wrote in message
In article
,
RichD wrote:

Cleaning out my fridge, I sometimes find green
moldy unnamed stuff, from the Paleozoic era.

So I wonder, let's say bread has a bit of mold,
not too much, maybe you pull it out in the dark,
you're drunk, you don't even notice it, Is it toxic?

--
Rich

Not if you don't die within three days.

lol

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Mold JaeRae Winemaking 3 30-03-2009 07:03 PM
China Mold Manufacturers B2B Directory - Mold Sources n41beyha[_2_] General Cooking 0 14-04-2008 05:01 AM
mold [email protected] Winemaking 4 18-12-2006 04:34 PM
Mold in my must Chris Hertling Winemaking 6 16-06-2005 06:58 PM
mold Mike Avery Sourdough 1 21-03-2005 11:21 PM