Posted to alt.politics.british,uk.food+drink.misc,rec.food.cooking

Default What If 20% of the Adults in That Colorado Theater Were Armed?

ray wrote:
> From my understanding, the theater had a no guns allowed policy which
> restricts gun owners from legally having their firearm on them.

Apparently Dr. WhatsHisName couldn't read. (There's the root of the
problem: illiteracy.) As comedian Bill Engvall would say, "Here's your
sign"

To answer your original question, if 20% of the adults there had guns, a
couple of them might've had a clear shot to end the massacre. Even
then, would they realize the nutjob had body armor before they expended
all their ammo or were shot themselves? (even this is not a totally
wasted effort; it distracts the badguy and might throw him off his game,
or at least give other people a chance to get away or bum-rush him)

This was pretty much a worst case scenario, and I'm not sure Batman
Himself could have done anything. But most scenarios are not worst
case. I'd rather have a gun and not need it than to need it and not
have it. The corollary is, just because I have a gun doesn't mean it's
the right tool to use.

Bob
NRA and SAF member

What If 20% of the Adults in That Colorado Theater Were SelfDeclared NRA Rambo Gun Loons, But All Wearing Ballistic Armor From Top ToBottom, Armed With A Shot Gun, A Glock And An Assault Pistol Just Like The Shooter? Robert Miles[_5_] General Cooking 29 27-07-2012 10:52 PM
one armed que Nonny Barbecue 12 08-01-2010 08:38 PM
Onkyo Ht S894 Home Theater System [email protected] General 0 21-05-2009 03:38 AM
New vegan theater show in San Francisco Scot Nery Vegan 0 23-11-2004 06:40 AM
Jacques Pepin at Chef's Theater Brett Berrie Wine 0 06-05-2004 05:08 PM